• Show
Clear All

I like cover 3 the best.

But yeah, the system framed DWill.
    MMA News
    MMA News 247

Comment

Thats why i dont use Cover 2 on Madden online....lol
      "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenBronx
        my only question is why did we keep playing the cover 2 with indy? i mean coyer didnt want to change it up at all. like yardo said its good against the run. we all know the peyton loves to throw it. we were on 3rd an long and he still plays the cover 2?
        I don't know that we kept running a cover 2 against Indy but its effectiveness against them would lie in the fact that you support your corner with a safety over it and allow them to get pressure on the WRs.

In that game we were beat in BOTH a cover 2 and cover 3. That mostly stems from the pass rush and a blown coverages.

Like I say. There are plenty of holes and weaknesses in all coverages. They all depend on your personnel and a decent pass rush.

I'll also add that as a DB you wont truly respect the value of any coverage until you've played it and understand how it works. My reasoning comes from experience in playing these coverages and coaching them. Using them in madden is not a justifiable reason to say one is better than the other. And even though it looks good on paper or makes sense on paper, seeing everything at game speed is totally different.

Comment

For the cover 2 to work you need.

. Fast lbs
          - They must be able to cover ground and play they zone

. Big physical corners to jam WRs
          - When the corners get a good jam it give the safetys more time to get into position and read the play, and the d-line can get to the QB

. Fast Ball hawking safetys
          - Your safetys have to be able to cover some ground in cover 2 because each have to guard a half of the field.

. Great d-line
          - A great d-line is key to the cover 2 because the WRs cant get deep on the safetys and the qb is forced to throw short were all of the zones are. This is why Tampas defense is going bad. They dont have the d-line to get pressure on the QB so they can throw deep to were the safetys are.

When the Bucs defense was great they had an amazing D-line with Rice and Sapp in their prime. Brooks is still one of the best outside lb's in the NFL. Lynch may not have been a ball hawk but he could cover back then and lay the lumber and they had Barber in his prime who fits the perfect mold of a cover 2 corner.

Comment

If a team has the players to run a cover 2 I would rather see that coverage than a 3.

Your corners don't necessarily have to be big but they have to be physical. A smaller CB can get leverage on a WR because he can get lower and get his hands underneath the WRs pads.

Comment

Originally posted by // / yardo
              I don't know that we kept running a cover 2 against Indy but its effectiveness against them would lie in the fact that you support your corner with a safety over it and allow them to get pressure on the WRs.

In that game we were beat in BOTH a cover 2 and cover 3. That mostly stems from the pass rush and a blown coverages.

Like I say. There are plenty of holes and weaknesses in all coverages. They all depend on your personnel and a decent pass rush.

I'll also add that as a DB you wont truly respect the value of any coverage until you've played it and understand how it works. My reasoning comes from experience in playing these coverages and coaching them. Using them in madden is not a justifiable reason to say one is better than the other. And even though it looks good on paper or makes sense on paper, seeing everything at game speed is totally different.
              I am a DB and I strongly dislike Cover 2.

Comment

Originally posted by NickTranOwnz
                I am a DB and I strongly dislike Cover 2.
                YES, I'm pretty sure we've all figured out you don't like cover 2.

You can stop with the cartoon drawings to prove that you don't like the cover 2 and the cover 3 is somehow better because madden showed you.

Have fun...

Comment

bump to let other people read this

Ideally, if your defense has the men who can do this, then the Cover/Tampa 2 is perfect for you. But if your defense doesn't have the men for this, Cover 3 is probably better off for you.

Comment

bump cause if Slowik is gonna run a Cover 2 type scheme, this could be helpful

Comment

The Cover 2 or Tampa 2 can be a very tough defense if you have the right players and mix up the defensive calls a little bit.

It can make an average secondary look great if you have a strong pass rush.

If you do have a strong pass rush the key is the Middle Linebacker. He has 2 be able to drop back to cover 10 - 20 yards downfield. By the time he gets in his pass drop the QB should have already thrown the ball if the pass rush is there.

You can find holes in any defense. Its just a matter of you doing your job and the Defensive Coordinator mixing up the calls.

Its not the weakest defense in football. Tampa Bay Buccaneers have made a killing with this defense for several years.

If you have the front 7 you can easily play a Cover 2 defense and be very effective. It starts with the pass rush.
                      MEL KIPER IS TERRIBLE!!!!
                      Best Pick-S Josh Barrett
                      Worst Pick-WR Eddie Royal
                      Sleeper Pick-RB Ryan Torian
                      “Huh?” Pick-OT Ryan Clady
                      Overall: B
                      Denver broncos 08 draft Analyzed by Mel Kiper

HE'S THE REAL DEAL!

Comment

Hmm. This almost makes me want to take Phillips in the 1st. Thanks for the analysis. So with no pass rush and slow safetys, we really shouldn't play cover two or tampa two. Haha. Woops.

Comment

Working...
                        X