The coach or the players?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The coach or the players?

In another thred I stated that a team is only as good as there coach then somone elese said no there only as good as there players now keeping in mind we are talking about nfl players that are all at the top of there game who do you think makes a bigger influence?
    Hillis will be the best full back in the league by the end of the year!!!!!!!!!

tough question do the fact that the Patriots are so successful with untalented but experienced "system" players and good coaches but Ill go with players just because theyre the ones playing the game...
    Jon Vilma=Ray Lewis
    Darrell McClover=steal of the draft

Comment

Originally posted by ganGREENinsider
      tough question do the fact that the Patriots are so successful with untalented but experienced "system" players and good coaches but Ill go with players just because theyre the ones playing the game...
      Ok but we we have ever won a S.B. with dan as are coach?

Comment

Originally posted by broncos0707
        Ok but we we have ever won a S.B. with dan as are coach?
        OUR coach...not "are" coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Interpol
          OUR coach...not "are" coach.
          Ok man did someone [email protected] in your wheaties this morning so my spelling suck but you did not anwser my question

Comment

Ok man did someone [email protected] in your wheaties this morning so my spelling suck but you did not anwser my question
            you are right your spelling and grammer sucks. It makes it hard to read your points.

I know we didn't win one with Dan but I think we also need to look at the talent of the players at that time. We didn't have TD either. Is it the system or the players?? I think the combination is the answer. That is the art of building an NFL franchise......

By the way I don't agree that the Pats have untalented players. They have very talented players. Have you heard of a CB named Ty Law? Or how about Tom Brady? Not many QBs have put up his numbers the last few years. They have a great line and a bunch of talented receivers. They have so many that one or two don't get all the spotlight. Their DTs have been more than solid and the depth on the DLine is superior.

They also have one of the best coaches in the game. They also don't overpay players. They don't have overpriced vets like most teams so they get a ton of quality players that are performing in their prime. It is a great winning model. Is that the coach or the GM? The Pats have it all; talented players, great coach; great roster management. Hmmm I wonder why they have been so successfull.

I don't think this is players or the coach. The answer is finding the mix of talented players that buy into a superior system.

A poor coach can ruin it (see Mike Martz). The Rams have enough talent to have won multiple super bowls. Martz makes horrible game day decisions.

Poor talent can ruin it. Look at the Bungals over the years. They are just coming out of it but they have consistently have subpar talent.

Comment

ok its a draw!! good coach bad team, bad coach good team, to be a success you must have a good coach and good teams, one point on a bad coach is callehan groeden went to tb callehan steped in and didnot change one thing about the team, goes to the sb and gets blown out,, next year keeps things the same and cannot compete,, bad coach anyone can bring up other comparisens
              sigpic
              when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Originally posted by myoung
                you are right your spelling and grammer sucks. It makes it hard to read your points.

I know we didn't win one with Dan but I think we also need to look at the talent of the players at that time. We didn't have TD either. Is it the system or the players?? I think the combination is the answer. That is the art of building an NFL franchise......

By the way I don't agree that the Pats have untalented players. They have very talented players. Have you heard of a CB named Ty Law? Or how about Tom Brady? Not many QBs have put up his numbers the last few years. They have a great line and a bunch of talented receivers. They have so many that one or two don't get all the spotlight. Their DTs have been more than solid and the depth on the DLine is superior.

They also have one of the best coaches in the game. They also don't overpay players. They don't have overpriced vets like most teams so they get a ton of quality players that are performing in their prime. It is a great winning model. Is that the coach or the GM? The Pats have it all; talented players, great coach; great roster management. Hmmm I wonder why they have been so successfull.

I don't think this is players or the coach. The answer is finding the mix of talented players that buy into a superior system.

A poor coach can ruin it (see Mike Martz). The Rams have enough talent to have won multiple super bowls. Martz makes horrible game day decisions.

Poor talent can ruin it. Look at the Bungals over the years. They are just coming out of it but they have consistently have subpar talent.
                First of all your a ****!!!! second If we would not have picked up shanny we would not have gotten T.D.

Comment

I'd have to say the coach, he makes the players into what they are. Just look at Coach Parcels, he turned the cowboys around just like that. And Coach Fox, he brought the Panthers to the superbowl. The Bengals coach(forget his name), almost got into the playoffs. And we'll see how Gibbs, and that Giants coach do this year.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by eastcoastbrawla
                    I'd have to say the coach, he makes the players into what they are. Just look at Coach Parcels, he turned the cowboys around just like that. And Coach Fox, he brought the Panthers to the superbowl. The Bengals coach(forget his name), almost got into the playoffs. And we'll see how Gibbs, and that Giants coach do this year.
                    Dont forget about chucky

Comment

Re: The coach or the players?

In another thred I stated that a team is only as good as there coach then somone elese said no there only as good as there players now keeping in mind we are talking about nfl players that are all at the top of there game who do you think makes a bigger influence?
                      Both. There needs to be a chemistry between the coaches and the players. Great coaches without good players will have teams with only average records. Great players without a good coach will just make an average team. When you get both you become a serious contender.
                      "You can't take the sky from me..."
                      ------
                      "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

I think its both. A Combination like myoung said.

You can have a poor coach with good players... and the team fails. You keep those players, add a different coach.. and BAM..things click.

Parcels and Gruden add players to their roster that fit THEIR system..their coaching style.. what THEY want to coach. Thats what Gruden, Parcels, Bellicheck(sp), Vermeil, and Shanahan do well. They know their system and know the kind of players that fit into that system.

When you build a particular system and take away the coach.. you can see how things are thrown off center. Look what happened to the 'chemistry' of the Rams when Vermeil left. Look what happened to the Chemistry to the Raiders when Gruden left. Vermeil brings in players like Green and Holmes. Gruden brings in players like Johnson and Pittman. Coaches bring things in that work with their system. Gibbs is another example. He comes in, and starts assembling players that work with HIS system. Knowing he needs talent at the skill positions.

But I don't think a coach can turn a Sow's ear into a silk purse. I think they need talent on their team.

Comment

First of all your a ****!!!! second If we would not have picked up shanny we would not have gotten T.D.
                          But didn't Shanny inherit Elway? Do you think that we would have won without Elway? We could have an argument both ways on this forever. I think it is the right combination. It is not one or the other.

I am sorry you took that comment about your spelling so personally. I was just stating a fact about your spelling and grammer; it is tough to read..... How old are you anyway?

Comment

By the way did you attend the University of Miami?

Comment

hehehe *laughs*.. ahaha U of M!!

Comment

Working...
                              X