ESPN NFL 2005 info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN NFL 2005 info

I figured since they have info on the second best football game but with the best sales I'd post info on the best football game with second best sales.

E3 is going on in Cali right now and the people are crowning ESPN NFL 2005 football king again but yet Madden still comes away with more copies sold.

From what people are saying at E3 even EA is giving Visual Concepts their props on ESPN NFL 2005

ESPN videogames info

IGN sports info on ESPN NFL 2005

Operation Sports E3 footage of ESPN NFL 2005

From this hands-on report Madden isn't doin very well.

E3 report on ESPN NFL 2005 over at ESPN videogames forums

Comment

Doesn't matter with EA on live now Madden will def be king.
      Go Broncos, Capitals, and Orioles

Thanks SNK16

Comment

I have always played Madden, I don't know if I can switch. I guess I'll get whatever my friends get so that way we can all play each other.

Comment

Madden is only better in sales and that doesn't make it the best football game.

And all the little bit of new stuff you do get on Madden is due to the fact that EA knows ESPN is the better game. All that new stuff in Madden we had for years in the 2K/ESPN games. Here you might want to read these

From Larry Probst:

LP: A prime example is a few years ago when we came to the show and saw Sega's football game. Our development guys looked at it and said, "Oh, my god, their game looks better than ours, plays better than ours, and they're going to launch in three months!" I mean, they went away from the show, doubled down, put more resources into the team, and caught up in terms of quality.

At the same time we said, "You know, even if we get people on quality, we have to outmarket these guys." And so, coming right out of the show we said, "OK, new game plan. We've got to double down on the resources, we've got to outmarket these guys, we've got to get really aggressive." And that plan won the day. We ended up with 80 percent market share, and Sega got 20 percent. And at the show, arguably somebody could have said that was going to be reversed, because Sega had a much better looking game. So E3 gives us an opportunity to look at the competition and we're--and coming out we're very systematic about what we need to do.

Link to Larry Probst of EA interview

Looks like their plan worked and they got all the little brainwashed fools to buy their football game. After even themselves admitting their game wasn't as good as VC's. They threw enough money at Madden to pull the wool over everybody's eyes. Why you think Sony and EA get along so well. Throw enough money at it and the weak minded and uninformed will buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Creeping Death
            I have always played Madden, I don't know if I can switch. I guess I'll get whatever my friends get so that way we can all play each other.
            Hey Creepy buy a used version of ESPN NFL Football and if you play it long enough to get the controls down you'll have a very hard time going back to just playing Madden I guarantee.

ESPN NFL Football has a certain "pop", "hipness" or "flare" that is sorely missing in Madden but at the same time very realistic. Go to the links I have posted and actually read up on all the stuff that EA will eventually copy and put in Madden.

You can actually start with the link below

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/511/511168p1.html
            sportsgeist
            Practice Squad
            Last edited by sportsgeist; 05-15-2004, 01:13 AM.

Comment

The new copied piece is the hit stick vs the maxmium tackle feature who ripped who?
              sigpic
              PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
              You Shed Tears of Scarlet

Comment

EA ripped VC and implemented what EA calls "the hit stick". It's just like Maximum Tackle from what I've heard, but it's not as good.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMMERFAN16
                  EA ripped VC and implemented what EA calls "the hit stick". It's just like Maximum Tackle from what I've heard, but it's not as good.
                  what isn't as good the hit stick or maximum tackling?
                  sigpic

Comment

ESPN info

http://www.vgsportsinc.com/forums/sh...&threadid=9138
                    sigpic

Comment

I haven't bought a sports title since nfl2k3 however I may pick up madden since it's on live now
                      Go Broncos, Capitals, and Orioles

Thanks SNK16

Comment

you guys all seem toown xbox, which is good cos thats what i own and it is better than PS2, i have Madden 2003 and NFL Fever 2003 but I have never played ESPN football for xbox last year I heard from a few buddies it wasn't as good but i dont know. Do any of you guys know if you can import a draft class into ESPN? It's not that big of a deal to me i just want to know, also which do you guys think is better for xbox ESPN 2005 or Madden 2005

Comment

Re: ESPN info

So this guy's whole deal for not liking the game was the way the players run and floaty passes? It's only 75% complete, and the passes were fine in last year's version. I too hate the way the players run, but it's alot better in this year's version. I'll probably end up getting both since Madden hits a month before ESPN, but ESPN's franchise mode and features are just too good to miss.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMMERFAN16
                            Well The hit stick was waving around 1st so VC ripped it off EA ^_^. They added an auto face up feature in Madden 05 no more bad angles, lay the wood hit stick baby.
                            vicious2500
                            Bench Warmer
                            Last edited by vicious2500; 05-16-2004, 09:20 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

interesting.....

Thanks to Jim for this awesome sig

Captain Hoagie "The Ox"
                              Concierge of the Wiseguys

I do smoke; so if this bothers anyone...I suggest you take a look around at the world we live in ...........and shut the frigg up.

Comment

Working...
                              X