Al Wilson Gone? (merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Al Wilson Gone? (merged)

What is your take on the possible loss of Al Wilson? I think it will hurt us since we also let Chuckwura go. Just curious on the thoughts from fellow fans.
    sigpic

God please no. Lets give it a run this year and if we can't do it, then fine. like to see him get to the SB with us.

Comment

Adam Schefter just reported the Giants are trying to acquire him.

Comment

I hope we can get that #2 pick.I would rather see the Lions get him.

Comment

DJ Williams better bring the whole package this year.

Comment

It would be said to see him go. I think after this crazy off season it would be hard to lose the captin of the defense. All we can do now is wait and see. Patrick was not a big lose at all, he was a rush end who was listed at LB, Webster is a better LB the Chuck. Chuck leaving really has no impact on the LB core.
            Thanks WhiteDragon!

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=85326 Last years 1st RD Mock
            GM Draft-#24-CB Aqib Talib Kansas
            #54-WR Earl Bennett Vandy
            #85-G Roy Schuening OSU
            #114(via HOU-Pacman Trade) TE Brad Cottam TEN
            #120 LB Ben Moffit USF
            Block: TE Troupe RB Brown DT Starks

Comment

I think Wilson is a great guy and a great LB but let's be honnest his best years are behind him. Not to say he still isn't a great LB but I think by moving DJ into the middle and drafting a LB in an early round we can replace him without losing much overall, not to mention save much needed cap space. If we can get a 1st rounder for him that would give us a very flexible stance on the draft. We could package both our 1st for a top 10 pick or even just draft 2 in the 1st and address more glaring needs. Anything less then a 1st or early 2nd would not be acceptable.

Comment

I posted this in the thread in 07' draft forum as well but I think it fits here as well.

I cant help but agree witht eh idea of his value at this point, and feel he is at a premium right now.

That aside, this is the worst possible timing for the players of this team. We lost one of our young stars to a tragic murder. We lost another player to a very unexpected death.

Breaking apart the core players could completely level the moral of this team.
                You need look no further than Al standing beside Tatum(someone said this earlier in the thread) to appreciate what his role is on this team.

Declining skills or not Al has/is/was the leader of the D. Taking them out for dinner once a week, standing by his teamates when they needed support. You cant replace that for 5.2 mil a year, draft picks, or free agents.

Great idea, poor timing.

Comment

i like al and think he is a good player, he is not a beast just a solid player that can definitly be replaced talent wise..... with that said i know he is the emotional leader and it might be hard to replace but i think if he can get awsome value for him then we should pull the trigger, i think Dj would be an absoulte stude at MLB, far more a better player in my opinon, and i think we could get a OLB in the middle rounds to play where dj did, we also have other leaders on this team who have just as much an influence on the players as al does and their names are champ bailey and john lynch

Comment

Originally posted by Krugan
                    I posted this in the thread in 07' draft forum as well but I think it fits here as well.

I cant help but agree witht eh idea of his value at this point, and feel he is at a premium right now.

That aside, this is the worst possible timing for the players of this team. We lost one of our young stars to a tragic murder. We lost another player to a very unexpected death.

Breaking apart the core players could completely level the moral of this team.
                    You need look no further than Al standing beside Tatum(someone said this earlier in the thread) to appreciate what his role is on this team.

Declining skills or not Al has/is/was the leader of the D. Taking them out for dinner once a week, standing by his teamates when they needed support. You cant replace that for 5.2 mil a year, draft picks, or free agents.

Great idea, poor timing.
                    The defense was nothing to brag about last season,maybe this move could help.I hope Al wasnt one of the players that Darrant Williams was speaking of saying"Their are players packing it in for the season."

Comment

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOJUST WHEN YOU THINK YOUR TEAM GETS BETTER,THEY SUCK A GREAT ONE AWAY

sigpic

Comment

id become a giants fan like my dad then

RIP Darrent It's been one year, Gone but never Forgotten.

I Adopted JayCutler4MVP!!! and DJ Williams

Comment

I dont agree with this at all... Al has played here for his entire career and has played his heart out here and I think the Broncos owe it to him to keep him a Bronco... I'm sure he would re-structure if he were asked.

Comment

Originally posted by CHARLIEADAMSFAN
                            id become a giants fan like my dad then
                            I thought that you were going to be a Texans' fan?

Comment

Well, it could shape up a package deal with the #21, Al and Bly to the Lions for #2 and a 3rd round.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X