Our Starting Wide Recievers this year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Starting Wide Recievers this year

It seems that with the overwhelming talent we seem to have at wide Reciever this year and ed McCaffery's departure it seems like it is time to re-evaluate our Wide Reciever Position.

Of Course, obviously Rod Smith is number 1 and will stay there until he retires....

WR #2- Here comes the question. Is Lelie ready to set up into a starting role. He seemed like he showed some flash last year but lacked the everyday starting role consistency needed in our offense. He didn't show great hands or body control last year and I think his stock is declining. Adrian Madise seems to be stepping up with the adding competition around him and seems like a better option atthis point. Why? If you look at him he's just as explosive as Lelie but has better hands and body control over the middle of the field and seems more inept to take the void McCaffery left.

WR #3- Heres the open gap. Will someone be demoted or will someone step up? I possibly see Lelie falling here. Or Maybe Willie Jackson stepping in. Where does that leave Darius Watts though, or if they decide Lelie is there man, which he very well could be. Where is Adrian Madise in all this. I guess im pro-madise right now, and Id like to see him get his chance but it seems as if he might be left out this year.

Denver's Projected Lineup
    1. Rod Smith
    2. Ashley Lelie
    3. Willie Jackson

What I'd like to see as the lineup
    1. Rod Smith
    2. Adrian Madise
    3. Lelie/Watts

"OFTEN IMITATED NEVER DUPLICATED!"

"....knee injuries did something opposing defenses could not. Stop Terrell Davis."

"My Last game in a Cardinals uniform, I heard them say...."WE WANT JAKE.....WE WANT JAKE!!! and all the while I was thinking, "I want you too."- Jake Plummer

RE

FOR ME ABOUT WR:

rod smith
    ashley lelie
    darius watts

ABOUT RB :

tatum bell
    Last edited by donovan; 05-18-2004, 05:28 AM.

Comment

Still waaaaaaaaaay to early to tell, but I think Lelie will stay at #2, he showed that he can be good last year, and I think hes gained enough confidence now to go out and rip ****.

Comment

Re: Our Starting Wide Recievers this year

Originally posted by RebelSyxx
        It seems that with the overwhelming talent we seem to have at wide Reciever this year and ed McCaffery's departure it seems like it is time to re-evaluate our Wide Reciever Position.

Of Course, obviously Rod Smith is number 1 and will stay there until he retires....

WR #2- Here comes the question. Is Lelie ready to set up into a starting role. He seemed like he showed some flash last year but lacked the everyday starting role consistency needed in our offense. He didn't show great hands or body control last year and I think his stock is declining. Adrian Madise seems to be stepping up with the adding competition around him and seems like a better option atthis point. Why? If you look at him he's just as explosive as Lelie but has better hands and body control over the middle of the field and seems more inept to take the void McCaffery left.
        THIS LAST SENTENCE...........Don't you mean..."seems more ADEPT (not inept).....?

WR #3- Heres the open gap. Will someone be demoted or will someone step up? I possibly see Lelie falling here. Or Maybe Willie Jackson stepping in. Where does that leave Darius Watts though, or if they decide Lelie is there man, which he very well could be. Where is Adrian Madise in all this. I guess im pro-madise right now, and Id like to see him get his chance but it seems as if he might be left out this year.

Denver's Projected Lineup
        1. Rod Smith
        2. Ashley Lelie
        3. Willie Jackson

What I'd like to see as the lineup
        1. Rod Smith
        2. Adrian Madise
        3. Lelie/Watts
        Ron

Comment

Rod Smith, Ashley Lelie, Darius Watts

Willie Jackson and Adrian Madise will be key backups.

I seriously think Watts can contribute a lot faster.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
          2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

what about Nate Jackson ???
            no place for him this season at the Broncos Wide Receiver Team ?

Hopelessly devoted to the Prankster

Comment

I dunno about Nate...he's too "plain" to me. I mean....he's not big, nor fast....I watched him play in NFLE and I'm not too impressed.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
              2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

hmmm maybe you´re right
                I didn´t see him on the field very often. after first NFLE game against cologne he hat this knee injury, and back to Europe after
                3 odr 4?! weeks (it was the game against Amsterdam Admirals) most of the time (not to say all the time) he moves, makes a lot of warm up, streching and all that and I watcht him and think
                ~oh man, go on the field, kick them ass, show your talend, I know you get it...~ but "nothing" happend
                Possible that "our" Rhein-Fire Head Couch P.Kuhareck dosn´t trust him enough after his injuri.

but...don´t ask me why...I believe in this man, I believe in his talent, I think his big hour will come.

I hope I´m right oh yes I hope it deep from my heard.

Hopelessly devoted to the Prankster

Comment

I agree with AO here. Watts has something special. I really think Ashley will be something special as well. IMO we have 2 great WRs that will be around with us for a long time.

1. rod
                  2. ash
                  3. watts

JIM is the man!!

"Listen to the footsteps of those who have gone before you. They speak to you of honor and the importance of duty. They remind you of your traditions." Casper W. Weinberger

Comment

Contribute or go!!

The competion will help all of the WR's this year, tremendously. They have it in their face to produce or go elsewhere. Either way they are going to represent above their norm because they want an NFL roster spot. There is no room for psyhological let downs and stuff like "will Lelie return to his former self...yadah yadah".

Be sure the coaches have and will make this known to them right off. Who will handle it and succeed I haven't got a clue??? There is no way to predict the no. 2 and no. 3 slots on this team.

That said, Rod knows the deal and will be "Rod".
                    This is the NFL!!

Don't sing it... Bring It!!!!!

Go Broncos!!!!!!!

Comment

Madise is still developing, Willie Jacksonobvioulsy has the most experienced out of all of our wide receivers, so I see him, at least in the beginning, being our #3. But it'll be switched up during games, and when Watts breaks loose, that's when he becomes our #3.

Zero Wing, the greatest Japanese to English translation ever...

Comment

I am also of the opinion that Lelie will step it up a notch this year and become the clear #2. I'm also a big Madise fan and would love to see him compete for the #3. He'll be there somewhere along with Jackson (if he still has his legs) and Watts.

Also, don't forget about BJ "Overshadowed" Johnson. He may be the biggest surprise this year and I wouldn't count him out.

All in all I think that our receivers look pretty good.

So, I've mentioned six, right?

Smith
                        Lelie
                        Madise
                        Watts
                        W. Jackson
                        Johnson

Still left to consider...

Charlie Adams
                        Romar Crenshaw
                        Atnaf Harris
                        Nate Jackson
                        MarTay Jenkins
                        Triandos Luke

Man, we have a lot of receivers right now.
                        Winter is Coming!

Comment

starting WRs

1. Smith
                          we all know he's our best WR.

2. Lelie
                          this year should determine whether or not we can call him Shanny's latest 1st round bust.

3. Jackson
                          Jackson will be the starting #3 against KC. Watts will not be ready to contribute much right off the bat.

4. Watts/Madise
                          these 2 will rotate at the #4 spot. If Watts shows he can make plays he will be promoted to #3.

Wild Card: Champ Bailey
                          Both Shanny and Champ have said they would possibly entertain the idea of Champ playing a little WR.
                          The Denver Broncos - 6 Time AFC Champions ('77, '86, '87, '89, '97, '98)

2 Time NFL Champions ('97, '98)

Stomping on the Competition since 1960.

Comment

Gah!! Get Willie Jackson off the team!! He's so damn slow the guy is sprouting roots for Christs' sake! I see the lineup like this:

1. Rod
                            2. Ashley
                            3. Watts-purely because if he DOES live up to the coaches expectations, he has been a 4 yr college starter and has played in a pro style offense all those years. I think he'll be able to contribute right away. You don't spend a 2nd round pick on a receiver to sit on the bench behind some old fogy/roster fodder.
                            4. Madise-I think with his second year in the system Madise has a solid chance at grabbing this receiving spot, although if Watts doesn't live up to the talk Madise could possibly make the jump to 3 if he's developed enough. And whoever said he's as fast as Lelie better do their homework (All I know is Lelie ran a freaking 4.25 in the 40, that's like the wind; I've never heard of Madise running that fast).
                            5. I know many of you would like to have some experience on the receiving team so possibly MarTay Jenkins here. But I think there must be a reason the guy was out of football last year, so I'd rather see one of our speedy, very OVERLOOKED and UNDERAPPRECIATED late draft picks (Triandos Luke) or UFA's (like someone else said, B.J. Johnson I guarantee will impress this year, and Romar Crenshaw looks like a diamond in the rough to me) take the spot and also serve as our punt returner and one of our kick off returners.

Comment

This whole thread just shows me that we will struggle this year. Everyone is counting on Lelie, Madise, Watts, Jackson, and a bunch of other scrubs. What will the team be without smith? If he gets hurt or has to miss games for any reason, the team will be helpless. The only thing we can hope for is one of the rookies step up, cause all the receivers(not named Smith) from last year are suspect.

Comment

Working...
                              X