Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Montrae Holland Expected To Start At Right Guard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dream
    Holland started in New Orleans, but was pretty much benched because he wasn't mobile enough to keep the starting job, and has an injury history. Good depth, decent signing for this year. Not a starter.
    Although he will compete from what has been said.
    Bronco fan from Packer Land.
    Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
    Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Originally posted by RunningWolf
      Wrong, he started 30 out of 52 career games.
      This past year, he did not start, obviously something went wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Road_Apples
        until such time as this particular page changes, I wouldn't hold much credence in what non-Bronco web sites or otherwise claim are the starters.
        http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=134

I for one am looking forward to seeing how we can improve our O-Line- because although it wasn't dismal, it was ineffective.
        Myers and Kuper:
        I would love to actually see what they can do, and within months we will.

Holland; May or may not beat out either of the Chris's, but the RG spot is wide open. With Nalen being nearly out of gas and likely damaged more often, I would bet that both the Chris's get on the field often for a look. Competition brings out the best in players, and if there is no competition we get less of a player for the dollar and play than could be otherwise.
        I suspect that Nalen will go down this year for several games due to strain or injury, and that will afford either of them the opportunity to get on the field. Unfortunately Center is a "QB" position on the O-Line and we haven't seen enough of the Chris's to say whether or not they are capable of this type of leadership. Hamilton will take that on.

In the end it should be a great battle to watch. I am pulling for the best players being on the field if that means replacing Hamilton I'd be all for that.
        I am not as enamored as some others by his play. It has improved over the years to a point where he is "adequate", but moving him over to Center if/when Nalen goes might help his play out.

Holland being shorter, but heavier and having a few years under his belt may or may not have any advantage over the two Chris's for the guard spot(s) who have been on the roster long enough to learn the system.

Both of the Chris's Dads post on here, and I assume read these threads and may be able to offer more insight into their view on the situation.

I have made an agreement with my son not to talk about any "inside" info I hear from him. All I can say is that he is working out daily and is as competitive a person as I know. With 4 boys in the family, belching is a competitive sport in our house so I'm pretty sure he is up for the challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by dbdom
          Cooper Carlisle is as good as gone, the front office has made no effort to re-sign him. Couple that with the signing of Holland, the emergence of young guys like Kuper, he wont be on this team next year. As for the starting RG spot, your guess is as good as mine, whatever depth chart they produce is merely guesswork, the job is definitely up for grabs and it'll be up to the best player during training camp. Montrae Holland has to show that for a big guy like him, he can move and get used to our scheme though.
          That's not true. The Broncos have a standing offer to both Carlise and Myers. The players are out seeing what other offers they can get. I do think Carlisle will sign somewhere else though.

Kuper probably has the inside track at starting although Holland was signed to push him.

Comment

Originally posted by str8jacket
            This past year, he did not start, obviously something went wrong
            now i may be wrong but i am pretty sure he did start every single game
            "If you fumble the ball, I will break off my foot in your John Brown hind parts; and then you will run a mile."My Adopted bronc is Duke Ihenacho

Comment

I'm more worried about left guard!

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos86

Lost his starting job to Jahri Evans.

Comment

If I were to guess, I think Kuper will get the nod.
                  sigpic

http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_1804775

Comment

Is Holland better than Carlisle,will this be an upgrade on the line

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy
                      Is Holland better than Carlisle,will this be an upgrade on the line
                      I'm not sure. I thouht Carlisle played fairly well, last year. I thought Hamilton was the Guard tht kept getting overpowered.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos86
                        Yep, youre wrong

Comment

Yes . . .

Originally posted by Dream
                          Holland started in New Orleans, but was pretty much benched because he wasn't mobile enough to keep the starting job, and has an injury history. Good depth, decent signing for this year. Not a starter.
                          Have to agree. Denver needs mobile linemen for their scheme. This is why I'm a big
                          fan of Kuper's. He's quick and incredibly strong. Personally, at this point, I don't see
                          anybody beating him out.

-----

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
                            Have to agree. Denver needs mobile linemen for their scheme. This is why I'm a big
                            fan of Kuper's. He's quick and incredibly strong. Personally, at this point, I don't see
                            anybody beating him out.

-----
                            We are going to start needing bigger guys to protect Cutler, so we don't lose important games like the finale last year by giving our quarterback one second before he is knocked out. Kuper looked good though I never heard any bad talk about him doing his job during the season when he filled in for Lepsis, why wasn't he taken higher in the draft?

Comment

Since Holland, Kuper and Myers are the only guys on the roster that can play right gaurd he may start.

Carisle isn't under contract, thats why he isn't listed on the depth chart.

Comment

Originally posted by speardog
                                I'm not sure. I thouht Carlisle played fairly well, last year. I thought Hamilton was the Guard tht kept getting overpowered.

Him too! Same difference.

Comment

Working...
                                X