Around the Horn DISSING the Broncos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Around the Horn DISSING the Broncos

I was watching ESPN's "Around the Horn" on May 18 when one of guests (forget which one, just not Woody), while speaking on the subject of Sharpe's retirement, said that Sharpe was smart to leave for tv and get off the Brobnco's "sinking ship." He said that Denver without portis and with "Jake Plummer at the helm" is going downhill fast. I already disliked the show since Max Kellerman left, but now i just wont watch it at all.
    Superintendent Chalmers: "Thank the Lord"? That sounded like a prayer. A prayer in a public school. God has no place within these walls, just like facts don't have a place within an organized religion."

I agree with you that the new host totally SUCKS. Max was the one thing that made that show respectable but now it is a joke. The new host can't keep a straight face and he doesn't even listen to what the reporters say. Not to mention the fact that he knows less about sports than my little sister.

Anyway as for the guy who was dissing the broncos, his statements alone strip him of any credibility he may have had. Any NFL analyst who knows anything about NFL football knows that Denver made themselves a better team this offseason.

What good is having a great RB if you can't stop guys like Peyton Manning late in the season or in the playoffs?

Having Jake Plummer at the helm is a good thing. We all know he's way better than the oaf we had in there before him.

Guessing from the blatent stupidity of the comments im guessing it was either Jay Mariotti or some [email protected] from Boston who made them. Bottom line is whoever made those comments was not thinking about what he said. He was caught up in the heat of the moment on the show and said those things to try to get the crappy host to throw some points his way.
    The Denver Broncos - 6 Time AFC Champions ('77, '86, '87, '89, '97, '98)

2 Time NFL Champions ('97, '98)

Stomping on the Competition since 1960.

Comment

It was Tim Cowlishaw (or however the **** you spell it) from the Dallas Morning News. Figures, Dallas. *looks towards the sky and shakes his fists* CCOOOWWWLLLLLIIIISSSSHHHHHAAAAAWWWWWW!!!!!!

Comment

Cowlishaw is a moron....

Thanks to Jim for this awesome sig

Captain Hoagie "The Ox"
        Concierge of the Wiseguys

I do smoke; so if this bothers anyone...I suggest you take a look around at the world we live in ...........and shut the frigg up.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Chaz
          It was Tim Cowlishaw (or however the **** you spell it) from the Dallas Morning News. Figures, Dallas. *looks towards the sky and shakes his fists* CCOOOWWWLLLLLIIIISSSSHHHHHAAAAAWWWWWW!!!!!!
          Thanks for the name, i liked the ending there too.
          Superintendent Chalmers: "Thank the Lord"? That sounded like a prayer. A prayer in a public school. God has no place within these walls, just like facts don't have a place within an organized religion."

Comment

and woody didnt even say anything after tim said that. i was waiting for woody to open up his big mouth. but the one time he doesnt.

Comment

The only thing cowlishaw is good for is nascar. He is stupid and so is the host. The host is a foul who acts like he is 60 years old. cowlishaw has no credibilty. He doesnt even give a good analysis of the Cowboys. I cant stand that redneck.

Comment

Around the horn sucks, I can't wait till' we shove it in his face!
                sigpic

Comment

Did that stupid host give cowlishaw points for that comment?

Comment

Dallas guy huh? Maybe he is compensating and trying to bring down other good teams, since his cowboys are going to get ramrodded this season by the Eagles and Portis with the Skins.
                    The Game Day Thread: Year 17 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

The only time I ever like Cowlishaw is with some beans and a steak.

Comment

Callishow or whatever really only knows hockey and Nascar. Most people just say crap about the Broncos because Woody (who is the man on that show) is so outspoken. Last year he predicted the Broncos would go 16-0. I love it but I can see how it makes everyone else on the show have to be against the Broncs. Tim has no idea what he is talking about with this.

As for Tony Reali the host he's alright though Max was better. Max actually listened to the arguments rather than just giving points based on what he agrees with. When Max was on there someone could actually argue that the Yankees suck on showdown and if they out argued the other guy they could get the point. Stat Boy just gives the point to whichever he agrees with no matter what. Stat Boy is alright atleast he doesn't do that irritating pointing thing Max did. I do miss the siembodied voice however.
                        My Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey

Comment

I can't believe there are actually some people around the country that are blind to the fact that the Broncos are going to the SB next season!

I mean Plummer!!! What more do they need?
                          Suck is NOT a bronco fan.

Comment

Originally posted by wesuckrealbad
                            I can't believe there are actually some people around the country that are blind to the fact that the Broncos are going to the SB next season!

I mean Plummer!!! What more do they need?
                            A pass rush, a proven winner at QB. Plummer really hasn't done anything. A HB a d-line and safeties.

Thanks to Jim for this awesome sig

Captain Hoagie "The Ox"
                            Concierge of the Wiseguys

I do smoke; so if this bothers anyone...I suggest you take a look around at the world we live in ...........and shut the frigg up.

Comment

Re: Around the Horn DISSING the Broncos

Originally posted by chickennob2
                              I was watching ESPN's "Around the Horn" on May 18 when one of guests (forget which one, just not Woody), while speaking on the subject of Sharpe's retirement, said that Sharpe was smart to leave for tv and get off the Brobnco's "sinking ship." He said that Denver without portis and with "Jake Plummer at the helm" is going downhill fast. I already disliked the show since Max Kellerman left, but now i just wont watch it at all.

He's right, we had the 4th ranked D last year and we still barely got 10-6, this year, we might have a good D but the offense will suck, 6-10 here we come. I agree!
                              I am the ghost, I was once here, then I died, now I have come back to haunt each and every one of you, that's what you get for getting rid of me.

Comment

Working...
                              X