New Power Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Power Rankings

CBS Sportsline has the Broncos ranked number 2 going into the new season. Check the link to see.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/7340580
    Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

its nice to read.. but it doesn't mean anything. I think we have too many questions that need to be answered and too many people that need to Step it UP for us to succeed for us to be ranked this high, this early. I hope they are right... Ijust don't see it yet.

Comment

Re: New Power Rankings

While I like to see the Broncos get national respect, I think #2 might be overdoing it. I think we have major questions that need to be answered, particularly on offense.

Anyway, we all know that power rankings this far out should all be taken with a grain of salt. Let's just hope we end the season with the #1 ranking.
      "You can't take the sky from me..."
      ------
      "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Re: Re: New Power Rankings

Originally posted by Javalon
        While I like to see the Broncos get national respect, I think #2 might be overdoing it. I think we have major questions that need to be answered, particularly on offense.

Anyway, we all know that power rankings this far out should all be taken with a grain of salt. Let's just hope we end the season with the #1 ranking.
        Dido dude.
        John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Even that guy think we should do well#@!

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
          2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

I'm a little surprised they hace cincinnati ranked so low at 21, they barley missed they playoffs although they were 8-8, i say they are more around 14 0r 15
            sigpic

Comment

Remember last year?

We were ranked similarly by cbssportsline last year
              ...I think these guys have a 'thing' for Shanahan...

whatever the case, they made no note of the numerous question marks on offense which make that ranking a definite reach...
              Boss

Comment

Re: Remember last year?

Originally posted by BossBruce

whatever the case, they made no note of the numerous question marks on offense which make that ranking a definite reach...
                what are the numerous questions? i can only see maybe 2, who will start arunning back & how will the line do with foster? Other than that everthing else is basicly the same, plummer , smith, lelie the line mostly the same & chamberlin in for sharpe.
                sigpic

Comment

Re: Remember last year?

I'm so tired of this biased media crap. The Broncos are obviously #1.
                  Suck is NOT a bronco fan.

Comment

Re: Re: Remember last year?

Originally posted by wesuckrealbad
                    I'm so tired of this biased media crap. The Broncos are obviously #1.
                    Haha.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA
                      what are the numerous questions? i can only see maybe 2, who will start arunning back & how will the line do with foster? Other than that everthing else is basicly the same, plummer , smith, lelie the line mostly the same & chamberlin in for sharpe.
                      Will we have three solid recievers? Who is going to be our TE? Who will replace Sharpe as the team leader? Who is our runningback? How will our line perform without Gibbs? How will our line do with position changes?

Comment

Are you kidding me?

Plummer's 'improvement' isn't a definite...the O-line you mentioned plus the loss of the O-line coach...and its not just foster being added, we lost epharim at left tackle and stuck in lepsis in his place...

Lelie was not our number two last year... the assumption is that he'll be that this year...if how he will perform as the number 2 is not a question, i dont know what is...

rod's isn't exactly in his prime...

oh and yea - we just plugged chamberlain in for sharpe, no big deal...

c'mon man - being a fan doesn't imply baseless optimism...
                        Boss

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Remember last year?

Are you kidding me?

Plummer's 'improvement' isn't a definite...the O-line you mentioned plus the loss of the O-line coach...and its not just foster being added, we lost epharim at left tackle and stuck in lepsis in his place...

Lelie was not our number two last year... the assumption is that he'll be that this year...if how he will perform as the number 2 is not a question, i dont know what is...

i do believe chamberlin went to the pro-bowl in sharpes absence in baltimore so i'm not concerned about that & oh so now your now supposed to think that a player (plummer) or any player for that matter will not get better with time, but maybe they will get worse , come on man that's just dumb.
                          sigpic

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Remember last year?

i do believe chamberlin went to the pro-bowl in sharpes absence in baltimore so i'm not concerned about that & oh so now your now supposed to think that a player (plummer) or any player for that matter will not get better with time, but maybe they will get worse , come on man that's just dumb.
                            It's called age, my friend...

And I'm not saying that Plummer won't get better - it's just foolish to assume the guy's going to be a pro-bowler just because it's his second year...

And about Chamberlain...Pro-Bowl caliber TEs don't get cut...
                            It's been 5 years, man...again - I dont know what to expect, nor does anyone else but you can't argue that these aren't questions...
                            Boss

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Remember last year?

Are you kidding me?

I agree lots of question marks, however One constant is Shanahan. I have serious questions about his in game coaching, but I think he is outstanding at gameplanning to find matchups to give us an advantage.

TD, Eddie Mac, CP, Sharpe were all great players, but I think Shanny deserves credit in putting them in position to be great. Between Denver and San Francisco, his offenses have consistently been in the top ten each year with a variety of different personnel. I have faith that he will do the same this year and give us a competitive offense. (Maybe not top ten, but atleast top 15)

Comment

Working...
                              X