New Power Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#2 is great, but...

Will we have three solid recievers? Who is going to be our TE? Who will replace Sharpe as the team leader? Who is our runningback? How will our line perform without Gibbs? How will our line do with position changes?

But I agree with luvdembroncs on there being a few areas the Broncos need to address before we can seriously call them SB contenders.

Will we have three solid receivers?
    I believe this is the area of greatest concern for the Broncos. The Broncos haven’t had a solid #2 WR since EddieMac broke his leg and lets not even address the #3 WR position. The Broncos really need for a couple of their young WRs to step it up this year.

Who is going to be our TE?
    I think the combination of TEs the Broncos currently have on the roster we be able to fill in for Sharpe. I believe Sharpe had played great since his return from Baltimore, but not like the dominate Sharpe he was in the Broncos SB days.

Who will replace Sharpe as the team leader?
    The Broncos have signed enough FA leaders to replace Sharpe’s leadership.

Who is our runningback?
    I believe the Bronco’s running system will prevent a drop off in this area as long as the O-line isn’t struggling.

How will our line perform without Gibbs?
    The Broncos have been weaning themselves of Gibbs since he went into semi-retirement a couple of years ago

How will our line do with position changes?
    This is the other area I’m really concerned about. A lot of changes have been made to the O-line and it will take some time for the line to gel. The O-line is such an important part of the Bronco running game that a dysfunctional O-line=dysfunctional running game.

With that said, if the Broncos struggle with WR and O-line problems, it could be a long year for the Bronco D and it tries to carry the Broncos to the playoffs. I would guess a 9-7 record if the Broncos struggle in these areas.

But if these two areas perform average to above average, then IMO the Broncos are legitimate SB contenders.
    Bronco Fan 4 Life

Comment

(Already Posted This)

It's great to be ranked this high. I just hope we can live up to that number two ranking and hopefully later down the season we move up one spot higher for that top number one ranking.

Go Broncos!

Comment

Re: #2 is great, but...

Originally posted by EPBroncFan
        Will we have three solid recievers? Who is going to be our TE? Who will replace Sharpe as the team leader? Who is our runningback? How will our line perform without Gibbs? How will our line do with position changes?

But I agree with luvdembroncs on there being a few areas the Broncos need to address before we can seriously call them SB contenders.

Will we have three solid receivers?
        I believe this is the area of greatest concern for the Broncos. The Broncos haven’t had a solid #2 WR since EddieMac broke his leg and lets not even address the #3 WR position. The Broncos really need for a couple of their young WRs to step it up this year.

Who is going to be our TE?
        I think the combination of TEs the Broncos currently have on the roster we be able to fill in for Sharpe. I believe Sharpe had played great since his return from Baltimore, but not like the dominate Sharpe he was in the Broncos SB days.

Who will replace Sharpe as the team leader?
        The Broncos have signed enough FA leaders to replace Sharpe’s leadership.

Who is our runningback?
        I believe the Bronco’s running system will prevent a drop off in this area as long as the O-line isn’t struggling.

How will our line perform without Gibbs?
        The Broncos have been weaning themselves of Gibbs since he went into semi-retirement a couple of years ago

This is the other area I’m really concerned about. A lot of changes have been made to the O-line and it will take some time for the line to gel. The O-line is such an important part of the Bronco running game that a dysfunctional O-line=dysfunctional running game.

With that said, if the Broncos struggle with WR and O-line problems, it could be a long year for the Bronco D and it tries to carry the Broncos to the playoffs. I would guess a 9-7 record if the Broncos struggle in these areas.

But if these two areas perform average to above average, then IMO the Broncos are legitimate SB contenders.
        Great! All my questions have been answered...
        Boss

Comment

I have heard about this one guy, who's name is Bruce and some people call him the 'Boss'. Is he you? I don't remember much about him but boy, he played some truly agonizing music. Eww.

Anyways, how do you know for sure Chamberlain got cut? I don't see anything about it. I hope you remember a TE named Shannon Sharpe who used to be with Denver; we "cut" him for salary cap reasons. He was pretty good too, maybe even 'pro bowl caliber'!!

Comment

Re: #2 is great, but...

Originally posted by EPBroncFan
            A lot of changes? Ridding ourselves of a poor pass blocker is bad? Putting in a 1st rd. behemoth is bad? I'd say we're fine. It might take a while for them to gel, but that's what camp/exhibition games are for.
            If Shanny's worried, look for pickups after June 1.
            "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
            tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
            men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X