Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is Denver going to replace this kind of production??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is Denver going to replace this kind of production??

Just read the newest article on denverpost.com, it sums up what I've been thinking about ever since Sharpe left. It says that Portis was responsible for something like 34% of our total offense, and Sharpe a quarter of our passing attack. Not to mention all the touchdowns they got (8 for Sharpe, dunno for CP). I think everyone who's crowing about the Super Bowl needs to calm down and wait until the season starts, we have way to many questions on offense to get all hyped up right now. Until we get an established runner and Ashley shows that he can fill the void left by Sharpe/Eddie, or one of the rookies steps up (less likely), I'm a little concerned about this upcoming season. Could be a tough one without as much offense. It means the D, however good it might end up being, will be on the field way too long to hold it's own.

post the article dude...

I think you're right bytheway
    Boss

Comment

http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,...157011,00.html
      Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

Comment

I DO agree... but, a lot of running backs take that kind of percentage of their offense..especially one that is a run-based system like ours. I wonder what the percentage was for Orlandis Gary and Mike Anderson when they were here? I guess what I'm saying is that even if we only get 1300 yrds from our runner...is that going to be a HUGE drop off from our running attack? 200 yrds for the year? 200/16 = 12.5 yrds a game.

When Sharpe went to the Ravens. We had a TE that ended up going to the pro-bowl and then winning a playoff game with Brian Griese. So can we substitute Sharpe on the offense? *shrugs*.. We have to a respectable level before.

We can't really say that McCaffrey was a big part of our offense since he had come back from his leg injury. I LOVE Ed McCaffrey, but we all have to admit that substuting his production after his leg injury isn't going to take a lot.

Am I saying we are Super Bowl contenders? Nooooo.. I'm not. We have too many questions and have to have a LOT of people step it UP this year for that to happen. I guess I'm just saying we are not DOOMED to be bottom dwellers.

Comment

I dont really think its going to matter who you have at RB , Wr or at TE. Where the Raiders have decided advantage is on both sides of the ball. That where the Raiders are going to dominate Broncos and it really wouldn't matter iF Sharpe, portis or mcCaffrey were still playing. Your only as good as what you have up front.
          http://www.raiders.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/ALELCOFJPHFH/112804gallery-sp10.jpg

Comment

Umm...sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!!

When Sharpe went to the Ravens. We had a TE that ended up going to the pro-bowl and then winning a playoff game with Brian Griese. So can we substitute Sharpe on the offense? *shrugs*.. We have to a respectable level before.

Ravage, just so you know, we never won a playoff game with Brian Greise. We played the Ravens who had Sharpe on their team and we had Frerotte starting the game if I remember correctly.

Comment

I don't know....

where that raiders comment came from...but IMO there will be little if any drop in production from the RB position. I also believe that a combination of the many TEs we have at camp will be able to fill in for Sharpe. IMO Sharpe was never his dominate self after he returned from Baltimore...good yes, but not dominate like how he was when played for the Broncos in the SB years. The position that concerns me, and has been a problem for the Broncos since EddieMac broke his leg is the WR position. Think about it, the last couple of years we haven't gotten a lot of production out of our WRs besides Rod Smith. We need a couple of our young WRs to step it up this year or its going to really hurt the Broncos offense. I would really hate to see a repeat of the year that our WRs all but disappered when Eddie broke his leg, and Rod was walking on crutches by mid-season. Big hole to fill, I just hope someone steps in and fills it.
                Bronco Fan 4 Life

Comment

Raiderjoe

you mean like last year?? *laughs*

Comment

thehoot79

Thats what I thought too... but I was listening to ESPN radio while I was typing that, and they mentioned that we won a playoff game.... so I just added that in. But I didn't think that sounded right to Me, I thought we lost our first playoff game that year as well. Now I have to look it up. Doesn't matter though. Most of what I said I will stand by *laughs*

Comment

Re: thehoot79

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
                      Thats what I thought too... but I was listening to ESPN radio while I was typing that, and they mentioned that we won a playoff game.... so I just added that in. But I didn't think that sounded right to Me, I thought we lost our first playoff game that year as well. Now I have to look it up. Doesn't matter though. Most of what I said I will stand by *laughs*
                      That's it, Ravage. You have just lost all credibility. Go to the Chiefs or Raiders boards from now on.

Comment

*laughs*.....

Comment

Originally posted by Raiderjoe
                          I dont really think its going to matter who you have at RB , Wr or at TE. Where the Raiders have decided advantage is on both sides of the ball. That where the Raiders are going to dominate Broncos and it really wouldn't matter iF Sharpe, portis or mcCaffrey were still playing. Your only as good as what you have up front.
                          Good joke.
                          John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Yeah guy I agree without Sharpe and Clinton our O must show all it's potential ands make big plays, Our atarter Rb must do a Great Job, lelie must show why he was a 1st rounder and Smith have to back to his old form and do a great season, if it doesn't happen I dont knoe if we have a great SB chance...

Look at this guy!!! He is kicking some asses!!!

|||||Broncos Rulez|||||

Comment

Working...
                            X