Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay this is ridiculous

Also Wednesday, the owners:

-- approved a 5-yard penalty for players spiking the ball or throwing it up in the air on the field after a play;

That is just dumb. Big deal if they spike it! If somebody just caught a first down on 3rd and 23 after being smashed between a safety and a linebacker, they're going to have some serious adrenaline pumping through their body. So now you're telling me if they stand up and spike or throw the ball in the air, they don't get that first down? That's just stupid.

i like it. i work as a shipping manager at an offroad shop; i don't spike my tape gun every time i succesfully package an order.

i'm tired of seeing celebrations after every play. not just on offense, but defenders dancing after making a standard (or even ugly/lucky) tackles.

just do your job, and celebrate when you actually do something extraordinary.

"Don't let anyone say you can't do anything. Look what Dee achieved in 24 years."
    We all Miss you D-Will and Damien. RIP Broncos forever. :salute:

Comment

i read somewhere the penalty was for players if they spike it outside of the endzone.....but i could be wrong on that

sig by Skywalker
      thanks Skywalker

Comment

Originally posted by Shawshank24
        i like it. i work as a shipping manager at an offroad shop; i don't spike my tape gun every time i succesfully package an order.

i'm tired of seeing celebrations after every play. not just on offense, but defenders dancing after making a standard (or even ugly/lucky) tackles.

I bus tables for a living (16 years old )

One time i spiked a cup after i bussed a table of 16 people by myself
        Last edited by str8jacket; 03-28-2007, 05:25 PM.

Comment

I think its a good idea. These men are professionals it's not too much to ask them to act like it.
          2014 adopt a Bronco #63 Ben Garland

Comment

They are literally taking a lot of fun in this game from the players. I am all for reducing horsing around on the field, but they have been taking it a step to far these past couple of seasons. The rule of "no team celebrations" always makes me a bit unhappy. We'll never see the Mile High Salute again they way it once was used because of rules like that. I think if the celebration involves more then two - three players, yeah, penalize (like the bowling ball celebration a few years back) but this IMO is another example of old rich men expecting everyone to play a tough sport in a civilized manner. Let the players have some fun!
            sigpic
            The only thing that can stop the ninja.
            Setting yourself on fire so they can't catch you!

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117
              So now you're telling me if they stand up and spike or throw the ball in the air, they don't get that first down? That's just stupid.
              are you sure they would take away the first down in that situation? if so that does seem quite harsh and potentially game changing for such an act as spiking the ball
              Pro McD

Comment

I'm back and forth on this one, I don't like the little celebrations after every little play, but some plays are just huge, and if it's a clear momentum changer in a game, I like to see the pure, natural, adrenaline rush experienced by a player, and the result of that big play in all it's glory. So, there are positives, and negatives to the rule. LOL at Shawshank, spiking a tape gun.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBroncLove
                  this IMO is another example of old rich men expecting everyone to play a tough sport in a civilized manner.
                  is there a problem with this?
                  Pro McD

Comment

Originally posted by scotto291
                    is there a problem with this?
                    My word choice was a little off. I didn't mean civilized in the sense of Haynesowrth type of civilized. I meant they want the players to show as little emotion as some of these old guys do. Sorry about the bad word choice, it didn;t get my poit across at alll.....

So let me ask you this. As a fan do you celebrate big 1st downs? or long strikes down the field? If we fans are expected to celebrate during plays like that, why cna't a player show a fraction of that on the field?
                    Last edited by BigBroncLove; 03-28-2007, 05:06 PM.
                    sigpic
                    The only thing that can stop the ninja.
                    Setting yourself on fire so they can't catch you!

Comment

i like it because they're delaying the game, and it's a delay of game penalty
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shawshank24

They're out there to have fun and be entertainers.

I would hardly consider someone with a tape gun an ''entertainer.''
                        Go Huskers.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick7
                          They're out there to have fun and be entertainers.

I would hardly consider someone with a tape gun an ''entertainer.''
                          I dunno, it could be entertaining

Comment

Originally posted by str8jacket
                            I dunno, it could be entertaining
                            Maybe if he started spiking it, he would.
                            sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
                            Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

Originally posted by Lorcust
                              Maybe if he started spiking it, he would.
                              Heck yeah!

Might as well have fun with your job right?

Tape gun or not

Comment

Working...
                              X