Okay this is ridiculous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shawshank24
    lol at my old job (bus boy) me and my friend used to tape everything in the restaurant. we would tape down the button on the phone so that no one could answer it, we would tape the time clock so the stupid waitresses would think it was broken, we would tape menus to the tables...

they loved us there too. they musta thought someone else was doing it haha
    sounds alot like what we do

Comment

Originally posted by str8jacket
      sounds alot like what we do
      haha, me and my friend quit on the same day (it was a summer job, we had to go back to school), and the boss wasn't there, so we taped EVERYTHING. even stuff that didn't make sense, we were like wrapping salt shakers in tape, taping up bundles of sugar packets, straws... our boss was super cool and thought it was funny, but it was probably a lot of work for the younger bus boys to untape everything.

kind of a way of letting everyone know that we had been the tapers of the past. who knew i'd deal with tape at later jobs as well...

"Don't let anyone say you can't do anything. Look what Dee achieved in 24 years."
      We all Miss you D-Will and Damien. RIP Broncos forever. :salute:

Comment

haha, me and my friend quit on the same day (it was a summer job, we had to go back to school), and the boss wasn't there, so we taped EVERYTHING. even stuff that didn't make sense, we were like wrapping salt shakers in tape, taping up bundles of sugar packets, straws... our boss was super cool and thought it was funny, but it was probably a lot of work for the younger bus boys to untape everything.

kind of a way of letting everyone know that we had been the tapers of the past. who knew i'd deal with tape at later jobs as well...
        You got alot of practice from what it sounds like

Comment

You got alot of practice from what it sounds like
          oh, i'm a professional. which is exactly why i find it unecessary to celebrate every little thing.

(see what i did there?)

"Don't let anyone say you can't do anything. Look what Dee achieved in 24 years."
          We all Miss you D-Will and Damien. RIP Broncos forever. :salute:

Comment

oh, i'm a professional. which is exactly why i find it unecessary to celebrate every little thing.

(see what i did there?)

Yep.....Id throw a CP your way but im fresh out

I'll hit you up tommora

Comment

Upon reading the comments, I started picturing a mental image of the refs chasing down a spiked or lobbed ball as it hits the ground. I guess that's extra work for them, and unnecessary delay, so a penalty would be okay, but first a delay of game warning.

There shouldn't be rules to prevent celebrating; taunting no, but celebrating pumps teammates up, and makes them play with a fire. Removing celebrations is counterproductive to the performance of teams.

Comment

I bus tables for a living (16 years old )

One time i spiked a cup after i bussed a table of 16 people by myself

That is awesome Str8

Are you really only 16 years old??? Damn son, I figured you to at least be like 21+...
                I owe CP's to: no one

Comment

dayummm 16? haha,

but ya, that rule sucks.
                  sigpic

Comment

NFL = No Fun League

Seriously, they're taking all the fun away from the game. Players should be allowed to give off celebrations after huge game changing plays or the game changing touchdown.

Plus, some of the touchdown celebrations were actually good.

Like the team Bowling Ball one, all or nearly all of Ocho Cinco's celebrations, most of Steve Smith's celebrations, even some of Ashley Lelie's celebrations.

Now they're all lame, like some kinda fake lame dancing that looks retarded (sorry Javon) and jumping up onto the goal post pads and hugging it (like Pacman Jones and Steve Smith).

Comment

Originally posted by TR3Y

That is awesome Str8

Are you really only 16 years old??? Damn son, I figured you to at least be like 21+...
                      Yep I'm 16

Comment

Originally posted by BigBroncLove
                        They are literally taking a lot of fun in this game from the players. I am all for reducing horsing around on the field, but they have been taking it a step to far these past couple of seasons. The rule of "no team celebrations" always makes me a bit unhappy. We'll never see the Mile High Salute again they way it once was used because of rules like that. I think if the celebration involves more then two - three players, yeah, penalize (like the bowling ball celebration a few years back) but this IMO is another example of old rich men expecting everyone to play a tough sport in a civilized manner. Let the players have some fun!
                        they dont call it the "No Fun Leauge" fornothing
                        The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                        While he sits by his hearth at home.
                        Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                        That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

man guys this was a funny thread i owe a couple of CP when i fill up this cracked me up specially the part about tapeing the phone
                          The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                          While he sits by his hearth at home.
                          Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                          That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by cadencesdad
                            I'm back and forth on this one, I don't like the little celebrations after every little play, but some plays are just huge, and if it's a clear momentum changer in a game, I like to see the pure, natural, adrenaline rush experienced by a player, and the result of that big play in all it's glory. So, there are positives, and negatives to the rule. LOL at Shawshank, spiking a tape gun.

My thoughts exactly

Comment

I'm a programmer...maybe I should spike my laptop the next time code compiles...

Oddly enough, I was thinking about a similar subject on the way home from work. Football is a sport of emotion, and it is a very fine line that we ask the players to walk: entertain us with acts of violence and aggression, but only within a narrow set of rules, and STOP when the whistle blows. I'm a proponent of the "act like you've been there before" school of behavior, but still: I know what happens when some jacka** cuts me off on the highway. Put me in an NFL-like situation, I may be spitting in faces and taking cheap shots while people are on the ground!

There needs to be limits on celebration: I'm not sure if spiking a ball is "unsportsmanlike." However, I can see it on the grounds of a Delay of Game. There's still the "First Down" signal, and plenty that can be done that lets the refs move the game long. Save the good stuff for the end zone.
                              "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is." -Yogi Berra

"All models are wrong, but some are useful."

Comment

Well, I can see why the refs would want this rule. It kind of is like a delay of game. the official is running around and trying to get the ball spot and here comes Javon throwing the ball in the air.

I don't mind it. Speeds up the game.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
                                2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Working...
                                X