Okay this is ridiculous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got an Idea if they are gonna make stupid little rules like this why not

Dissolve the NFL, make the players learn how to play madden and we can all sit around watching our favorite teams play Madden NFL instead of them playing real football.

Thats how i see stupid little rules like this now. soon its gonna go to the point where, instead of tackling its going to be flag football. I fear for those days
    McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

Comment

If this helps getting rid of that idiotic jump shot everybody and their cousins have been doing after they make a tackle or a sack, or fall or drink a cup of gatorade. I think it is fair enough that people celebrate after taking a 50 yard interception to the house or sacking the QB on the last play of the game for the win or an 80 yard rushing TD, but celebrating after every stupid little play is just ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoKazuki
        Thats how i see stupid little rules like this now. soon its gonna go to the point where, instead of tackling its going to be flag football. I fear for those days

Not with "Jacked Up" running ever Sunday Night.

But again, we're back at a very fine line: big hits and aggressiveness are huge parts of the game, but if a receiver isn't paying attention across the middle (or gets strung out by the QB), the safety that lays him out is fined.

And the line gets thinner and thinner. I don't think it's heading towards flag football, but something has to give...
        "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is." -Yogi Berra

"All models are wrong, but some are useful."

Comment

that is retarded

lucky the Rams got some classy WRs

Comment

I am actually perfectly ok with this.

Note, it says "on the field", not on the sidelines or in the end zones.

But 5 yards is what, equivalent to a delay of game penalty? Or is that 10 yards?

No biggie.

I like it.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
            You should check these guys out

Comment

Originally posted by AsianOrange
              Well, I can see why the refs would want this rule. It kind of is like a delay of game. the official is running around and trying to get the ball spot and here comes Javon throwing the ball in the air.

I don't mind it. Speeds up the game.
              At first I like the sound of a sped up game, but the more I think about it the more I want them to be like 4 hours. I think after every play the guys should stand around for 2 minutes with their hands on their hips. During this time we can see a commercial with Peyton Manning in it! Oh wait, that's how it goes already.....Never mind, good rule!

Comment

master shake, i just wanted to say that i love your username / avatar combo

it is one of the best i have seen on theese boards

and i am NOT being sarcastic!

i like it a lot :laugh

Comment

Originally posted by MasterShake
                  At first I like the sound of a sped up game, but the more I think about it the more I want them to be like 4 hours. I think after every play the guys should stand around for 2 minutes with their hands on their hips. During this time we can see a commercial with Peyton Manning in it! Oh wait, that's how it goes already.....Never mind, good rule!

HHAHAHAHAHA

Nice.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                  You should check these guys out

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
                    I am actually perfectly ok with this.

Note, it says "on the field", not on the sidelines or in the end zones.

But 5 yards is what, equivalent to a delay of game penalty? Or is that 10 yards?

No biggie.

I like it.
                    Exactly. I think people are thinking its the NFL cracking down on endzone celebrations, when its not.

Simply put, players aren't allowed to delay the game by spiking when the drive is still going. Why would you anyways? It elongates the game (the bad part as in the time they aren't playing), its not something the fans love to see, and there are other ways of celebrating (butt slap, high five, or living with the satisfaction that you just made a good play).

Save the celebrating for touchdowns.

Comment

Originally posted by CinnaMunMun
                      Exactly. I think people are thinking its the NFL cracking down on endzone celebrations, when its not.

Simply put, players aren't allowed to delay the game by spiking when the drive is still going. Why would you anyways? It elongates the game (the bad part as in the time they aren't playing), its not something the fans love to see, and there are other ways of celebrating (butt slap, high five, or living with the satisfaction that you just made a good play).

Save the celebrating for touchdowns.
                      Well I think the idea of the ball delaying the game is blown slightly out of proportion. An average NFL game sees over 40 different balls used throughout the entirety of the game, so if the ball fly's extremely far away, all the ref has to do is ask for a new non-kicking ball (they use different balls for kicking then the ones you see for regular offensive snaps, ala Tony Romo last year).
                      sigpic
                      The only thing that can stop the ninja.
                      Setting yourself on fire so they can't catch you!

Comment

LOL!

shawshank, i got a good laugh out of your post. . . my dad is a roofer, and he has said for YEARS now "why do they have to celebrate after every play? it's their job-- should i get up and do a dance after every shingle i put on?"

i always tell him that he probably would if he were getting paid $500,000 per shingle. . . . .
                        Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

Originally posted by dogfish
                          LOL!

shawshank, i got a good laugh out of your post. . . my dad is a roofer, and he has said for YEARS now "why do they have to celebrate after every play? it's their job-- should i get up and do a dance after every shingle i put on?"

i always tell him that he probably would if he were getting paid $500,000 per shingle. . . . .
                          i can see that, but you think after your first 25 shingles it would seem a little redundant after a while and you might start only dancing when you get home every day. then eventually you think that finishing a day would lose it's gusto, and because you're a professional, maybe you only break it down old school when you finish a job...

people have already said it, "act like you been there before."

i'd spike my tape gun, but it's brand new cause i tripped and broke my old one. i think there is a 1 tape gun per year limit. i'll check my employee handbook, hold on.......

oh... ok. turns out that my work gives a 5 dollar penalty if i spike the tape gun in the shipping area. it's ok though, it makes sense.

"Don't let anyone say you can't do anything. Look what Dee achieved in 24 years."
                          We all Miss you D-Will and Damien. RIP Broncos forever. :salute:

Comment

Originally posted by BigBroncLove
                            Well I think the idea of the ball delaying the game is blown slightly out of proportion. An average NFL game sees over 40 different balls used throughout the entirety of the game, so if the ball fly's extremely far away, all the ref has to do is ask for a new non-kicking ball (they use different balls for kicking then the ones you see for regular offensive snaps, ala Tony Romo last year).
                            Well if you put it like that, of course its going to sound logical.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117
                              Also Wednesday, the owners:

-- approved a 5-yard penalty for players spiking the ball or throwing it up in the air on the field after a play;

That is just dumb. Big deal if they spike it! If somebody just caught a first down on 3rd and 23 after being smashed between a safety and a linebacker, they're going to have some serious adrenaline pumping through their body. So now you're telling me if they stand up and spike or throw the ball in the air, they don't get that first down? That's just stupid.
                              Unless they changed their minds, the penalty was supposed to be 5 yards but it would not take away a first down.

I don't have a problem with the rule. With the all the off field problems the league has had recently, it needs to instill some form of discipline. Maybe forcing players to behave like true sportsmen will help them develop the ability to behave as resposible citizens. It's absolutely ridiculous for players to treat a first down pick up as though it were the tie breaking touchdown with 3 seconds left in the game. There are plenty of ways for players to show their enthusiasm for the game without resorting to poor behavior or creating unnecessary delays in the game.
                              My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                              You Mad Bro?
                              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

hey broncolee, i agree with you on this! hoorah!

"Don't let anyone say you can't do anything. Look what Dee achieved in 24 years."
                                We all Miss you D-Will and Damien. RIP Broncos forever. :salute:

Comment

Working...
                                X