No announcement yet.

Sauerrbaun BACK IN DENVER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I definitely think that Sauerbrun would be a good addition. There is no question Ernster should get another shot also. The more the better.

Comment

When was he not on the team?

Did we release Mike Myers last year, I could of sworm he played for us? I say this because it mentions us trying to "bring him back"

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBailey024
        I didn't say he was bad, I said that I am not happy with his punting.

He may have a decent average as a rookie but it seemed that in the clutch his punts were always horendous.
        That is one thing that Sauerbrun is good at. He is very clutch, ask the Patsies (both for them and against)

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBailey024
          I didn't say he was bad, I said that I am not happy with his punting.

He may have a decent average as a rookie but it seemed that in the clutch his punts were always horendous.
          It seemed when Erster job was secure, his punting went downhill.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy
            It seemed when Erster job was secure, his punting went downhill.
            Well technically, his job was never secure, as we could have re-signed Sauerbrun nearly until the end of the season.

But he did fall off after week 5. He had a 38.5 net avg. before Sauerbrun was cut. Afterwards, he must have had around a 35 yard average (I don't want to crunch that many numbers. ).

Comment

Originally posted by CinnaMunMun
              Fine, I'll prove it. Then decide if you still want to stand by them.

Paul Ernster was in his rookie year (technically, since he was PSed last year and never saw a snap). Rookie punters (actual rookies or technical ones) NEVER come in and immediately succeed. Never. People assume that punters have no learning curve. Take a look at all the top punters, then take a look at their rookie years. You will be surprised they still have a job. So here are some stats to prove this:

Paul Ernster:
              41.7 yard average, 23 I20, 7 TB, 36.6 net average, 6.87 avg. return.

Todd Sauerbrun-Denver (rookie year in paranthasis):
              43.8 yard average (37.8), 24 I20 (16), 6 TB (6), 38.0 net avg. (31.1), 7.38 avg. return (9.18).

Dustin Colquitt (best punter in the NFL last year):
              44.3 yard average (39.4), 23 I20 (24), 5 TB (5), 39.3 net avg. (35.2), 7.93 avg. return (7.78).

Brian Mooreman:
              43.6 yard average (40.8), 33 I20 (16), 7 TB (7), 39.2 net avg (33.8), 7.36 avg. return (10.45)

And I could go on. Ernster reminds me of a young Colquitt (well, less experienced since I think technically they are the same age with Colquitt having one more year). So if he improves like most rookie punters do, Sauerbrun better start packing his ephedra for another town.

Ernster also has the following qualities: He is an EXCELLENT kickoff man (arguably the best in the NFL), he is clean, he is young, he is versatile as he can kick field goals and punts, and he is cheap.

I could also post some stats for kickoffs, but instead just know that the Broncos have the highest kickoff average in the NFL (67.9 yards) and before you say: Well, he should, he is kicking in thin air. Well remember this: Sauerbrun had the same air and couldn't.

LOL not riding his jock again are ya?

Comment

Working...
              X