Funny How $$$ Solves All For Ol Dre'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by orangenblue420
    To ANYONE who says any of these guys has a right to complain if they dont get their money are the ones who dont live in the real world - how many of you guys would ride the bench - never playing a down in the NFL just to make the minimum salary - I freakin would - hell I would be glad to clean their jock straps for 50k a year - so dont give me that crap about it being business blah blah blah

Its not like he went from making 25k to 3 million per year - when you get into the figures these guys make its like trying to make the distinction between 25 below zero and 50 below zero - at that point all it is is MF'n COLD!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only thing I can understand is the length of contract - thereby job and $$$ security but players who bytch n moan because someone else in their position is making 500k more than them even though they make 2.5 mill a year is total BS to me - and its one of the reasons this country has turned into what it is all about the bling - and thats not what it was meant to be

Maybe its us old timers who will never be able to quite grasp the concept of sports being all about business and not about loyalty and winning -

:jumpsoffsoapbox:
    Youre sooo cute when on-top of the box..

Comment

Maybe its us old timers who will never be able to quite grasp the concept of sports being all about business and not about loyalty and winning -

:jumpsoffsoapbox:
      That'd be my guess.

Comment

Originally posted by horsesense
        Youre sooo cute when on-top of the box..

I dont know about cuter but I love the height it adds

Comment

Me 60+ and still struggle to pay my bills and never have money for emergencies - and these guys want to boo hoo over their multi MILLION dollar contracts - whoa is them
          So, obviously you want to make more in your business, correct?

They want to make more money in their biz, as well. Gross differential in wages, but still, they're in the biz they're in.

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
            So, obviously you want to make more in your business, correct?

They want to make more money in their biz, as well. Gross differential in wages, but still, they're in the biz they're in.

My point is when is it ever going to be enough - why do you thnk the NFL has a CAP - at some point you have to say this is too much money - but ALL the teams have to do it -

And I could make more money at my job but I choose this job for several reasons that have nothing to do with money - believe it or not a lot of people do that - you just dont hear about them cause its not news worthy or exciting or controversial -

They make enough - period!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Me 60+ and still struggle to pay my bills and never have money for emergencies - and these guys want to boo hoo over their multi MILLION dollar contracts - whoa is them
              I see you live in Oklahoma too

Actually there is opportunity here just like anywhere else. I am on the brink of one myself
              sigpic

http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_1804775

Comment

Lots of money. Lots of taxes. Pay out - what? - 50% in taxes unless you have a good agent who knows how to hide it.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that Bly grew up near Washington.

That was a big part of any hesitation that he might have had as well. But you can blame San Fran and Clements for the money deal. If you're Bly, you probably hold out a little to test the waters. 99% of anyone in the world would do the same. and if you say you're that 1% I don't beleive you and you'll never be able to prove it.

Comment

Originally posted by kristian824
                    That was a big part of any hesitation that he might have had as well. But you can blame San Fran and Clements for the money deal. If you're Bly, you probably hold out a little to test the waters. 99% of anyone in the world would do the same. and if you say you're that 1% I don't beleive you and you'll never be able to prove it.
                    On the other hand - how about players who take pay cuts or reconstruct their contracts so they can stay with their team abd help their team be a better team - to win a SB - so IMO, there are players out there that dont do that

This whole money thing has just been what the last 15/20 years - and its only getting worse

Do I think they deserve a very high salary - yes

So I think its fair that they get paid a million times more (as do actors etc) than teacher, doctors, policemen - etc etc etc == HELL NO

Comment

So what, I wanted more money, and went and applied for a job somewhere else.

They offered me more money than I was making, so I gave my employer a chance to match. My boss gave me more money, and I was like ----- who?

Comment

On the other hand - how about players who take pay cuts or reconstruct their contracts so they can stay with their team abd help their team be a better team - to win a SB - so IMO, there are players out there that dont do that

This whole money thing has just been what the last 15/20 years - and its only getting worse

Do I think they deserve a very high salary - yes

So I think its fair that they get paid a million times more (as do actors etc) than teacher, doctors, policemen - etc etc etc == HELL NO
                        Ya, but who wants to watch a doctor catch touchdowns on sundays??

Comment

Working...
                        X