X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutler reports

Broncos | Cutler reports early to camp
    Thu, 5 Apr 2007 22:00:31 -0700

Lee Rasizer, of the Rocky Mountain News, reporting for the Sporting News, reports Denver Broncos QB Jay Cutler has been a fixture at the team's training facility a month in advance of the start of the offseason conditioning program. He has been working on footwork and passing-related drills.

I was hoping this would happen, he is taking the whole process seriously. I don't think we'll see a sophmore slump out of Jay

Originally posted by JRWIZ
    DELETED

It's good Cutler likes to work out.
    Last edited by Javalon; 04-10-2007, 10:45 AM.

RIP D-Will and Nash

Comment

Originally posted by evendelae
      Oh Jesus not this again...

It's good Cutler likes to work out.
      You took the words out of my mouth.

I also believe it is good to see a rookie put in time that is not mandatory.

It can only help him get better and we all know he has bad habits to break. Now if we can get a couple of his WR in to work on timing all the better.

Comment

You took the words out of my mouth.

I also believe it is good to see a rookie put in time that is not mandatory.

It can only help him get better and we all know he has bad habits to break. Now if we can get a couple of his WR in to work on timing all the better.
        Your right JR. I do hope some receivers are there. If not you and I would have to take the field, and with our awesome speed Cutler could never hit us in full stride!!! Of course, that means the ball would be about 25 yds ahead of us, lol!!
        As the great divide in America continues we are causing harm to our future generations by avoiding what needs to be done.

More people recognize Britney Spears than Dick Cheney.

Comment

Water under the bridge.

Cutler was known as a worker before he was drafted, so he is staying true to form. There will be bumps in the road ahead, but I am pretty excited to see him play again.
          sigpic

http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_1804775

Comment

Frankly I'm glad the debate is over, or so I thought, over who should start, who is better, etc... JP or JC. It's a pretty good indication that JC takes his job seriously when he's taken some incentive to come in on his own time, to study, learn and sharpen his abilities, and hopefully show and make the transition into the leadership role as any great QB has done in the past. I'm excited to see where the Broncos go this season with JC at the helm. Hopefully he turns into a great role model and leader, he's shown glimpses here and there from last season, and I have a feeling he's going to build on that foundation.

Comment

Originally posted by ORANGE&BLUETRUE
              Frankly I'm glad the debate is over, or so I thought, over who should start, who is better, etc... JP or JC. It's a pretty good indication that JC takes his job seriously when he's taken some incentive to come in on his own time, to study, learn and sharpen his abilities, and hopefully show and make the transition into the leadership role as any great QB has done in the past. I'm excited to see where the Broncos go this season with JC at the helm. Hopefully he turns into a great role model and leader, he's shown glimpses here and there from last season, and I have a feeling he's going to build on that foundation.

You all seem to forget that playing in the NFL is indeed a year round job. Unlike the early days when players had to have second job in the off season to make ends meet.

One of my HS coaches was a Bronco lineman.

What else does he have to do in the off season but work on his game or be on vacation? After a couple of weeks most folks want to get back to there job to hone their skills.

Comment

You all seem to forget that playing in the NFL is indeed a year round job. Unlike the early days when players had to have second job in the off season to make ends meet.

What else does he have to do in the off season but work on his game or be on vacation? After a couple of weeks most folks want to get back to there job to hone their skills.
                Well that depends on what the job is, and how much these folks like thier jobs. I see your point though, lol, with the money these guys make, and the fun they get to have, and most importantly the competition for thier spots, they really can't afford to take much time off. Although vacation is always nice and hard to come back from though.

Comment

It may be a year round job for coaches but not for players. They all have a set amount of time they are allowed off if they so chose.

Comment

Originally posted by ORANGE&BLUETRUE
                    Well that depends on what the job is, and how much these folks like thier jobs. I see your point though, lol, with the money these guys make, and the fun they get to have, and most importantly the competition for thier spots, they really can't afford to take much time off. Although vacation is always nice and hard to come back from though.
                    Most folks regardless of the job, unless they just hate it, after a couple of weeks off and the work around the house is done, your back from your trip and not to forget you have that young whippersnapper kissing the bosses ass all the time.

Most folks are gonna go back to work to get better at what they do.

Wonder how many other players are at dove valley rehabbing or working on fitness or watching game film?

How many days a year do you think Rod has missed?

Do not make him a hero, as he is just doing his jobs like many other athletes are.

Comment

Originally posted by jvw
                      It may be a year round job for coaches but not for players. They all have a set amount of time they are allowed off if they so chose.
                      If they chose not to be working on their game they risk losing millions of dollars.

It is called the NFL Not For Long get the drift?

Comment

If they chose not to be working on their game they risk losing millions of dollars.

It is called the NFL Not For Long get the drift?
                        So if a player choses to spend a month with his family, when he is given the right to, he will lose his job?

Comment

Originally posted by jvw
                          So if a player choses to spend a month with his family, when he is given the right to, he will lose his job?
                          No he is risking not being ready for the season.

Comment

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx

bingo

we

have

winner!

Comment

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx
                              one month away from the game does not make a guy fat and lazy, it helps a player to take time off because he isn't constantly under pressure. Even superman has to take a break from the action once and a while. Take Andy Reid for an example, he took a leave of absence to be with his family. He may have been in touch with the organization the whole time but there were matters that needed attention. Every player in the NFL will tell you that they need a break at the end of the season, to clear their minds

Comment

Working...
                              X