Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andre Hall!!

Dear Bronco Fan,

I would like to share some info on Andre Hall.

First a little bit about myself.

I am a USF grad and am currently pursing my PhD in Electrical Engineering. I am also a Bucs fan and have followed them since the Orange and White days (sigh). I have followed the USF Bulls since 2000. And this is of course Andre Halls alma mater.

Ok about Andre Hall.

Draft and Cuts . . .
    -------------------------
    I was sincerely disappointed that he was not drafted last year he is an amazing back. Being cut from Bucs was an obvious scenerio being that we drafted Cadallic Williams, Gruden loves Pittman, we have the A-train. Same applys for the Bears, they were stacked at running back. If you do happen to watch some of his preseason games on the bears, for the couple of minutes he got towards the end of games, Andre did exactly what he did in the Conference USA and the BIG EAST (the BEAST), which is break tackles, drag people, and keep his legs movin.

What's not on paper . . .
    -------------------------------
    Hall is just elusive in the back field. His smaller stature makes him hard to find. He has such a burst that he can easily turn the corner or bust it up the middle. His vision is uncanny. Andre is not your typical runner he is patient, knows when to cut back and knows when to follow a block. He is just an instinctive runner. He is also strong. When I watched him play, it would be amazing to see him drag guys (since he is not the biggest RB) or run LBs over. And his balance amazing. I cannot count the number of times he would get hit in the back field by a number of players he would just spin out or bump and keep running.

About Strength of College Schedule and USF. . .
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Some of you may not know much about USF but my prediction is if you follow College football you will hear about USF this 07-08 Season, maybe as THE BEAST champions. Andre played against teams like West Virgina, TCU, Louisville . . . USF has played legitamite opponents and Andre shined against all of them. Andre ran with a decent offensive line but only Andre could do what he did as far as running goes. Meaning, you could not stick any RB behind our O-line when Hall was there and get results. Hall did because he was special. Not only that but we had no passing game. Teams knew that our only offensive weapon was HALL so they would stack the line, LB would play up and it didn't matter. That was very satisfying, no matter how they game planned Andre they could not stop him and if you look up USF's passing and rushing numbers you will see that to be true. If HALL could have been one year younger, with our Freshman phenom QB Grothe last year, USF would have been in the top 10 last year. It was a reversal of the previous years with Hall. We had a QB last year with no RB.

In conclusion . . .
    ----------------------
    I would like to leave you with a little video I found of Mr Andre Hall on youtube. It sounds like Andre has a fair shot at actually making your squad and believe me if he does it will be to your benefit. If I can answer anything I will try my best to do so.

Good luck to you in 07.

This video was posted below but added it here for convience Andre Hall is Number 2 and is mixed in with other plays.
    Last edited by USFBULL; 04-18-2007, 04:39 AM.

He certainly seems to have good vision.

Doesn't seem to have a ton of break away speed. But not a lot of RB's are faster than corners. I'll check him out at camp.

Comment

He is fast enough . . .

It's hard to tell really when you break off 40, 50 yard runs and corners/safetys are sitting back. But I would agree he is not going to break NFL speed records

Let me know how he does in camp.

Also forgot to mention that he has a good head on his shoulders. Good work ethic and humble.

Anyways, that is enough braggin you would think I am related to him or something. I just want to pass some excitement along about Hall and given the chance I think he will show why.

Comment

This guy is definitely a friend or relative of Hall, like.

Comment

I absolutely agree with you on Hall. I was excited when we signed him and I think he fits into the mold of a prototypical Broncos back. I actually nabbed him as my Adopt-a-Bronco right after they signed him.

While I am not a USF fan, I have watched quite a few of their games over the last few years. As I have a friend who is also a USF grad(and a season ticket holder for the Bulls and Bucs), I had the pleasure of flying down to Tampa from Phoenix to attend the Bulls/Pitt game last season. Grothe is a stud, and he made a couple of unbelievable plays in the game. The upcoming season definitely looks promising for your boys, and I will be rooting them on from Arizona.

Unfortunately, we also attended the Bucs/Saints game the following day. Great stadium...terrible game.

Comment

Not a relative . . .

being that I am a white male, I also have never meet him before either. But I am a die hard USF Fan and I also have seen what Hall can do. But believe what you would like.

Found another video of USF with Hall in many highlights.

By the way

this little guy is throwing the USF Bull hornz in the air, good deal.

Comment

Originally posted by JOHNKILEY58
              I absolutely agree with you on Hall. I was excited when we signed him and I think he fits into the mold of a prototypical Broncos back. I actually nabbed him as my Adopt-a-Bronco right after they signed him.

While I am not a USF fan, I have watched quite a few of their games over the last few years. As I have a friend who is also a USF grad(and a season ticket holder for the Bulls and Bucs), I had the pleasure of flying down to Tampa from Phoenix to attend the Bulls/Pitt game last season. Grothe is a stud, and he made a couple of unbelievable plays in the game. The upcoming season definitely looks promising for your boys, and I will be rooting them on from Arizona.

Unfortunately, we also attended the Bucs/Saints game the following day. Great stadium...terrible game.
              About the Bulls,

Yeah I am really excited about this season. The spring game looked very promising. Grothe seems to be developing well and is ready to play. The defense is going to be scary this year. Offense now has about 5 running backs to help Grothe out including Mike Ford. USF is hopefully going to be really good this year.

Bucs that is another story. I would be surprised if this is the last year Gruden is the head coach in Tampa. He dismantled Tony Dungy's team and has made crucial personal mistakes to prove that he can win with his own team. Point and case is John Lynch. Why in the world would you get rid of a safety like that. We didn't even offer him a contract. There are so many others like that, where if you are not a "Gruden boy " thats it. But our loss was your gain.

If Denver keeps Hall, I will have to start to follow those Bronco's a little more closely.

PS Do you guys want Plummer back, j/k.
              Last edited by USFBULL; 04-17-2007, 09:59 AM.

Comment

I'm very high on Andre Hall. Hopefully, we give him a chance.

Comment

i'm not sure how much of a chance andre has with us, i would have liked to see them send him to NFL Europe for some more experience and to have a good look at him. we'll see how he pans out

i honestly thought that in pre-season last year, Cedric Cobbs earned more carries than he got so that doesn't mean a whole lot. Andre has speed but if he's getting caught by college DBs, what is he going to look like against NFL ones?
                  Andre is certainly a 1000 yard runner in denver's system (as are many people). Regardless of what many believe, not just anyone can run for 1000 behind denver's line...it does take a certain amount of skill. I have a feeling that unless Hall shows something spectacular in camp, he will be released or practice squaded.
                  Last edited by Bronco_Rob; 04-17-2007, 02:52 PM.

Comment

RB situation . . .

Not really sure how deep you are at running back but I know you lost a running back in Nash (my condolences) so that only leaves Cobbs to beat out. Please correct me if I am wrong.

What is the situation with Mike and Tatum Bell are they your starters? Are you targeting other RBs in the draft?

I think if Hall gets an honest shot he will not let down.

As far as the DBs, down south, even the D line is fast. I dont think it will be a problem . If I recall he had one of the faster time at the Combine.

Comment

Originally posted by USFBULL
                      Not really sure how deep you are at running back but I know you lost a running back in Nash (my condolences) so that only leaves Cobbs to beat out. Please correct me if I am wrong.

What is the situation with Mike and Tatum Bell are they your starters? Are you targeting other RBs in the draft?

I think if Hall gets an honest shot he will not let down.

As far as the DBs, down south, even the D line is fast. I dont think it will be a problem . If I recall he had one of the faster time at the Combine.
                      We traded Tatum Bell to Detriot...and signed Travis Henry so that puts Hall at #4 at best...not to mention if the need arose, we'd go with Cecil Sapp (our 2nd fullback) before Andre Hall would get a shot...which honestly, I think Cecil could carry the load and do a damn good job of it if he were called upon. He had what, two 30 yard runs against Indy last season?
                      Last edited by Bronco_Rob; 04-17-2007, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by USFBULL
                        Dear Bronco Fan,

I would like to share some info on Andre Hall.

First a little bit about myself.

I am a USF grad and am currently pursing my PhD in Electrical Engineering. I am also a Bucs fan and have followed them since the Orange and White days (sigh). I have followed the USF Bulls since 2000. And this is of course Andre Halls alma mater.

Ok about Andre Hall.

Draft and Cuts . . .
                        -------------------------
                        I was sincerely disappointed that he was not drafted last year he is an amazing back. Being cut from Bucs was an obvious scenerio being that we drafted Cadallic Williams, Gruden loves Pittman, we have the A-train. Same applys for the Bears, they were stacked at running back. If you do happen to watch some of his preseason games on the bears, for the couple of minutes he got towards the end of games, Andre did exactly what he did in the Conference USA and the BIG EAST (the BEAST), which is break tackles, drag people, and keep his legs movin.

What's not on paper . . .
                        -------------------------------
                        Hall is just elusive in the back field. His smaller stature makes him hard to find. He has such a burst that he can easily turn the corner or bust it up the middle. His vision is uncanny. Andre is not your typical runner he is patient, knows when to cut back and knows when to follow a block. He is just an instinctive runner. He is also strong. When I watched him play, it would be amazing to see him drag guys (since he is not the biggest RB) or run LBs over. And his balance amazing. I cannot count the number of times he would get hit in the back field by a number of players he would just spin out or bump and keep running.

About Strength of College Schedule and USF. . .
                        -------------------------------------------------------------
                        Some of you may not know much about USF but my prediction is if you follow College football you will hear about USF this 07-08 Season, maybe as THE BEAST champions. Andre played against teams like West Virgina, TCU, Louisville . . . USF has played legitamite opponents and Andre shined against all of them. Andre ran with a decent offensive line but only Andre could do what he did as far as running goes. Meaning, you could not stick any RB behind our O-line when Hall was there and get results. Hall did because he was special. Not only that but we had no passing game. Teams knew that our only offensive weapon was HALL so they would stack the line, LB would play up and it didn't matter. That was very satisfying, no matter how they game planned Andre they could not stop him and if you look up USF's passing and rushing numbers you will see that to be true. If HALL could have been one year younger, with our Freshman phenom QB Grothe last year, USF would have been in the top 10 last year. It was a reversal of the previous years with Hall. We had a QB last year with no RB.

In conclusion . . .
                        ----------------------
                        I would like to leave you with a little video I found of Mr Andre Hall on youtube. It sounds like Andre has a fair shot at actually making your squad and believe me if he does it will be to your benefit. If I can answer anything I will try my best to do so.

Good luck to you in 07.
                        looks like he can hit the hole. with out missing a beat he looks like he has some quickness . just how small is he... kinda reminds me of queinten griffin
                        The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                        While he sits by his hearth at home.
                        Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                        That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

he's quite a bit slower than Q (Quentin Griffin)...Q is also shorter and lighter I believe. Q broke a run in the Hamburg game last weekend, Hamburg is my favorite NFL Europa team because of Teyo Johnson, Lamont Reid, and Quentin Griffin.

Comment

He is 5' 81/2" 205-210 Lbs, ran a 4.40 40 at the combine and a 1.54 10 yd run, pretty fast and quick, only Jones-Drew was faster and Addai quicker. He is taller and the same weight as Jones-Drew.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_Rob
                              he's quite a bit slower than Q (Quentin Griffin)...Q is also shorter and lighter I believe. Q broke a run in the Hamburg game last weekend, Hamburg is my favorite NFL Europa team because of Teyo Johnson, Lamont Reid, and Quentin Griffin.
                              Quentin ran a 4.48 at the combine and the same 10 yd run, so I don't think he is faster than Hall

Comment

Working...
                              X