Bronco Daily Fun Facts And Trivia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
    Commentary: What is up with that game last night? They block it except for dish networks? Rabbit ear antennas and cable networks were not showing it. We have DirecTV and got it at our house but, we had several people around here pretty upset about that. My garage TV on antenna simply showed a "no signal" message the entire time. Does the NFL have that big of an ego now?
    It's a local game for us. But, we still didn't get to see it. Cable and internet went out. Hubby was not a happy Redskins fan (even more so when he saw the final score). Was it an NFLN broadcast? I didn't think it was and those usually get blacked out for us.
    Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFaninMD View Post
      It's a local game for us. But, we still didn't get to see it. Cable and internet went out. Hubby was not a happy Redskins fan (even more so when he saw the final score). Was it an NFLN broadcast? I didn't think it was and those usually get blacked out for us.
      Firstly I was pretty busy and didn't sit and watch the whole thing but checked in on the score as my Giants fan bud was calling me for updates and he was really TICKED OFF!!

What I found odd about the broadcast was I swear I saw ESPN logos. They are in cahoots with ABC. ESPN handles the Monday Night games. The game was shown on NBC with Al Michaels and John Madden, the Sunday Night crew. The NFL Network did all the pre game hype.

Something just wasn't right.
      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Firstly I was pretty busy and didn't sit and watch the whole thing but checked in on the score as my Giants fan bud was calling me for updates and he was really TICKED OFF!!

What I found odd about the broadcast was I swear I saw ESPN logos. They are in cahoots with ABC. ESPN handles the Monday Night games. The game was shown on NBC with Al Michaels and John Madden, the Sunday Night crew. The NFL Network did all the pre game hype.

Something just wasn't right.
        According to my sat buddies it was NBC.com. Ads during the game said you could watch it on the puter also. They must have bought the rights from ESPN or Fox. Although what's weird is Denver's Thursday night game aginst the Browns shows the broadcaster as NFLN. I thought when you bought the rights to something you bought all the rights.
        Those Indians could prove troublesome...General George Armstrong Custer

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris Wade View Post
          According to my sat buddies it was NBC.com. Ads during the game said you could watch it on the puter also. They must have bought the rights from ESPN or Fox. Although what's weird is Denver's Thursday night game aginst the Browns shows the broadcaster as NFLN. I thought when you bought the rights to something you bought all the rights.
          Starting week 10, NFLN does get a game each Thursday night. Week 16 they get a Thursday and Saturday. I have been seeing those ads on NFLN and our game with the Browns is their first one for this season. They did the same thing last year.

But what's up with NBC regarding last night? Why buy the rights to a game and then only show it to the dish network people? They just lost the opportunity to show their commercials to who knows how many people. As mentioned, just in our little town numerous people were upset about being blocked on the local cable network Bressnan.

The whole thing is just plain stupid.

sigpic

Comment

• Roger that and muchas gracias.

Comment

• I just heard from a friend in Frederick Colorado and she said they watched the game on their cable. No dish. So evidently the Denver area wasn't blocked?

This is so bizarre.

sigpic

Comment

I just heard from a friend in Frederick Colorado and she said they watched the game on their cable. No dish. So evidently the Denver area wasn't blocked?

This is so bizarre.
                Bro if I had a nickel for every nasty phone call ,e-mail or letter I've sent to the networks over the years. I could buy us season tickets and hire a private jet to fly us to denver to watch the game. Out here they'll list the Broncos and show the New York teams every time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris Wade View Post
                  Bro if I had a nickel for every nasty phone call ,e-mail or letter I've sent to the networks over the years. I could buy us season tickets and hire a private jet to fly us to denver to watch the game. Out here they'll list the Broncos and show the New York teams every time.
                  Cash in those nickels and let's party!! :thumb:

sigpic

Comment

• It's time for the weekend!! :dance:

Good Luck to you all you fantasy junkies as week 1 of the 2008 Season kicks into high gear on Sunday!!

September 6th is:

Fight Procrastination Day

September 7th is:

Neither Rain Nor Snow Day (Nice day all around the league)
                    Google Commemoration Day
                    Grandma Moses Day
                    National Grandparent's Day
                    Salami Day

Here is our trivia question for the weekend of September 6th/7th:

What player started 151 games at center for the Broncos from 1977 to 1988?

Have a great weekend everyone and enjoy those games on Sunday!!

I never thought I would say this, but I can't WAIT until Monday.

sigpic

Comment

• [QUOTE=BroncoManiac_69;2307567]It's time for the weekend!! :dance:

Good Luck to you all you fantasy junkies as week 1 of the 2008 Season kicks into high gear on Sunday!!

September 6th is:

Fight Procrastination Day

September 7th is:

Neither Rain Nor Snow Day (Nice day all around the league
                      Google Commemoration Day
                      Grandma Moses Day
                      National Grandparent's Day
                      Salami Day

Here is our trivia question for the weekend of September 6th/7th:

What player started 151 games at center for the Broncos from 1977 to 1988?

Have a great weekend everyone and enjoy those games on Sunday!!

I never thought I would say this, but I can't WAIT until Monday. [/QUOT

Pretty sure it was Bill Bryan........

Comment

• Yes it was Billy Bryan.

And apparently I need to spread around.....

Edit: Success.
                        Last edited by BroncoManiac_69; 09-08-2008, 07:25 AM.

sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning Broncomaniacs!! :wave:

VERY Interesting day yesterday around the league.

Today is Monday September 8th, the 252nd day of the year with 114 to go.

It is:

National Date Nut Bread Day
                          Pardon Day
                          International Literacy Day
                          National Boss/Employee Exchange Day

Preseason Record:

2-2

L ~ Broncos 16 Texans 19
                          W ~ Broncos 23 Cowboys 13
                          L ~ Broncos 24 Packers 27
                          W ~ Broncos 28 Cardinals 14

The wait is over as our season kicks off TONIGHT!!

The Broncos are in Oakland to take on the Raiders. Kick off for this double header evening is a late one being 10:15pm EST. Let's hope the Packers and Vikings don't go into overtime.

NFL Schedule

Today's Fun Fact:

Quarterback John Elway gained 3,407 yards on the ground in his 16 seasons with the Broncos from 1983 to 1998. He averaged 4.4 yards each time he ran the ball.

LET'S GO BRONCOS!!

sigpic

Comment

• Good one Army. Good picking BM . All is right with the world today.

Comment

Good Morning Broncomaniacs!!

VERY Interesting day yesterday around the league.

Today is Monday September 8th, the 252nd day of the year with 114 to go.

It is:

International Literacy Day

In honor of literacy day, I thought I'd post some pictures I took of some of you reading:

Law Giver:

MD:

Legendary30:

Chris Wade:
                              Last edited by Flatlander Fan; 09-08-2008, 08:10 AM.
                              Originally posted by Broncoholic3233
                              FF is awesome!

Comment

• Leonardo my favorite turtle.

Comment

Working...
                                X