Bronco Daily Fun Facts And Trivia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning To All The People :wave:

Today is Monday June 4th the 155th day of the year with 210 to go.

97 days until we head to Buffalo.

JWinn is pacing.....

Today's Question:

What player led the Broncos in rushing in their inaugural season in 1960?
    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69
      Good Morning To All The People :wave:

Today is Monday June 4th the 155th day of the year with 210 to go.

97 days until we head to Buffalo.

JWinn is pacing.....

Today's Question:

What player led the Broncos in rushing in their inaugural season in 1960?
      Dave Rolle, 501 yds
      ~RSth Lncus [email protected] mO Po*

Its what a man knows about himself inside that makes him afraid!

UNC Tarheels!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by wncbronxx
        Dave Rolle, 501 yds
        BTW, George was Denvers very first qb, he took the first snap and was quickly replaced by the 2nd game by Tripucka who lead them to a 4-9-1 record.

UNC Tarheels!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by wncbronxx
          Dave Rolle, 501 yds
          501 yards for a team that rarely ran the ball isn't too shabby I suppose. David was a fullback.

As discussed earlier in the thread, we were a passing team and that is why Frank was able to rack up such big numbers.

sigpic

Comment

501 yards for a team that rarely ran the ball isn't too shabby I suppose. David was a fullback.

As discussed earlier in the thread, we were a passing team and that is why Frank was able to rack up such big numbers.
            501 was quite a feat with the Denver version of the run and shoot?

I enjoy your picks each day, it really makes us dig deeper for the histoy!

UNC Tarheels!!!!

Comment

• Good Morning Everyone :wave:

It is Tuesday June 5th the 156th day of the year with 209 to go.

96 days until the regular season kicks off in Buffalo.

Today's Fun Fact:

Quarterback John Elway was named the Associated Press' NFL MVP for 1987 after passing for 3,198 yards in only 12 games.

That is a lot of yards in only 12 games. And our beloved Three Amigos (80 Mark Jackson, 82 Vance Johnson and 84 Ricky Nattiel) were the recipients of those passes along with the 4th receiver I mentioned previously in this thread, 81 Steve Watson.

Our TE 47 Gerald Willhite also caught passes that season and I loved it when he got to score a touchdown because he would do his infamous back flip.

Here is a link to the team photo:

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=706

sigpic

Comment

• :offtopic:

Sheesh. What a day and night yesterday. Anybody else here in Utah can verify. The wind yesterday was unbelievable. 70 mph most of the day. When I got home from work, I found one of our house windows blown out, the patio furniture was whipped into the yard and destroyed, we have two of these really big wooden fan looking things to help support rose bushes and both of them snapped. Two brand new trees that snapped one of their support poles and ripped branches off. Then the lightening last night hit our house and all of our display panels on clocks etc are all burned out. My truck was in the garage and it is also burned out.

And dig this. Expected low tonight at 30 degrees with snow forecasted.

So I will be trying to check out early today dealing with the fallout of this.

Back on topic here:

Good Morning Everyone. :wave:

Today is Wednesday June 6th the 157th day of the year with 208 to go.

95 days until Buffalo.

Today's Question:

Who scored 123 points for the Broncos in their initial AFL season in 1960?

sigpic

Comment

:offtopic:

Sheesh. What a day and night yesterday. Anybody else here in Utah can verify. The wind yesterday was unbelievable. 70 mph most of the day. When I got home from work, I found one of our house windows blown out, the patio furniture was whipped into the yard and destroyed, we have two of these really big wooden fan looking things to help support rose bushes and both of them snapped. Two brand new trees that snapped one of their support poles and ripped branches off. Then the lightening last night hit our house and all of our display panels on clocks etc are all burned out. My truck was in the garage and it is also burned out.

Back on topic here:

95 days until Buffalo.

Today's Question:

Frank Tripuca, the QB.

Sorry to hear about your night. When I lived in Pa our house got hit by lightning due to a freak tornado about 20 miles away, same storm anyhow. Crazy stuff. Hopefully everything turns out well for you, and hopefully your insurance company is easy to deal with!

Al Davis leads yet another squad to the brink of mediocrity.

Code Of Conduct
                  ARTICLE VI: I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States Of America.

Comment

• Originally posted by Davii
                    Frank Tripuca, the QB.

Sorry to hear about your night. When I lived in Pa our house got hit by lightning due to a freak tornado about 20 miles away, same storm anyhow. Crazy stuff. Hopefully everything turns out well for you, and hopefully your insurance company is easy to deal with!
                    Thanks. Much appreciated. I am heading over to a window replacement place in about an hour. Our home insurance is through Metlife and we have never had to deal with them before this so could get interesting.

And your answer is incorrect.

sigpic

Comment

Back on topic here:

95 days until Buffalo.

Today's Question:

I'm going to guess Gene Mingo???

Comment

• Originally posted by lvbronx
                        I'm going to guess Gene Mingo???

Gene Mingo, a halfback who doubled as the team's kicker. He scored 6 touchdowns, kicked 18 field goals and 33 extra points.

He did all that while wearing the ugliest socks ever in professional sports.

WTG lvbronx

sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning Everyone! :wave:

It is Thursday June 7th the 158th day of the year and 207 to go.

94 more days until Buffalo. That still sounds like a long time away.

Today's Fun Fact:

Terrell Davis' 2,008-yard rushing season in 1998 earned him the Associated Press' NFL-MVP award for that year.

I am sure I speak for everyone when I say "I Miss TD"

sigpic

Comment

Good Morning Everyone! :wave:

It is Thursday June 7th the 158th day of the year and 207 to go.

94 more days until Buffalo. That still sounds like a long time away.

Today's Fun Fact:

Terrell Davis' 2,008-yard rushing season in 1998 earned him the Associated Press' NFL-MVP award for that year.

I am sure I speak for everyone when I say "I Miss TD"

That you do. I believe he was only the third or fourth RB to break 2k in a single season.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheGlue Factory
                              That you do. I believe he was only the third or fourth RB to break 2k in a single season.
                              He was only the 4th player to bust the 2K mark. And his total kept him in 4th place of most yards in a season.

Most Yards Gained, Season
                              2,105 Eric ****erson, L.A. Rams, 1984
                              2,066 Jamal Lewis, Baltimore, 2003
                              2,053 Barry Sanders, Detroit, 1997

2,008 Terrell Davis 1998

Linky:

http://www.nfl.com/history/randf/records/indiv/rushing

sigpic

Comment

Back on topic here:

95 days until Buffalo.

Today's Question:

GOOD GRIEF!

And I thought NJ had some weird weather, sometimes.

...Hope everything's ok, BM69.

sigpic
                                They're your teammates, now.
                                Best of luck, TT!
                                ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

Comment

Working...
                                X