No announcement yet.

Bronco Daily Fun Facts And Trivia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haha thanks for running this It's quite fun to look up old stats and see how the Broncos did back then.

Comment

• Originally posted by denverbroncofrk
      Haha thanks for running this It's quite fun to look up old stats and see how the Broncos did back then.
      Thanks. It's my pleasure to share these old memories. I have had several people comment about how cool this is to take a look back at the roots of the team and the accomplishments over the years.

I was so happy when I received this calendar with all these fun facts and trivia questions on it.
      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning Everyone! :wave:

Today is Tuesday June 12th the 163rd day of the year with 202 to go.

89 days until Buffalo.

JWinn rubbing in the 30SPF

Todays Fun Fact:

Dan Reeves won 117 games (inlcuding postseason) in 12 years as the Broncos' coach from 1981 to 1992

Another insteresting fact today regarding coach Reeves. We just had a thread discussing his approval rating. With an average of just under 10 games a season, that isn't too shabby IMO.

sigpic

Comment

• Happy Hump Day :wave:

It is Wednesday June 13th the 164th day of the year with 201 to go.

88 days until the season opener at Buffalo.

Today's Question:

Who was the head coach that led the Broncos to their first winning season (7-5-2) in 1973?

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69
            Happy Hump Day :wave:

It is Wednesday June 13th the 164th day of the year with 201 to go.

88 days until the season opener at Buffalo.

Today's Question:

Who was the head coach that led the Broncos to their first winning season (7-5-2) in 1973?
            John Ralston

Al Davis leads yet another squad to the brink of mediocrity.

Code Of Conduct
            ARTICLE VI: I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States Of America.

Comment

• Originally posted by Davii
              John Ralston
              Correct!!

John was the coach for 5 seasons and ended with a .507 mark. After he left the Broncos, that is when Red Miller took over and got us in the playoffs for 3 consecutive years. The first year under coach Miller was the infamous 1977 season.

Linky to coaching history:

"you must spread around before giving to Davii again"

sigpic

Comment

Correct!!

John was the coach for 5 seasons and ended with a .507 mark. After he left the Broncos, that is when Red Miller took over and got us in the playoffs for 3 consecutive years. The first year under coach Miller was the infamous 1977 season.

Linky to coaching history:

"you must spread around before giving to Davii again"
                I loved ole Red! He was a fireball who demanded nothing but the best from his players. Can you imagine Randy Moss playing for him?
                ~RSth Lncus [email protected] mO Po*

Its what a man knows about himself inside that makes him afraid!

UNC Tarheels!!!!

Comment

• Good Morning Everyone! :wave:

Today is Thursday June 14th the 165th day of the year with 200 to go.

:usa: It Is Flag Day! :usa:

87 days until Buffalo.

Today's Fun Fact:

John Elway (1997) and Jake Plummer (2004) share the Broncos' record for touchdown passes in a season.

That's all it said.

So I went and looked it up. The number of TD passes was 27 for those seasons.

Linky:

sigpic

Comment

• another reason I like this thread is it keeps me updated how long I gotta wait 4 tha season 2 start!
                    Sept. 10, 2006, [email protected] 10-18, Sept. 28, 2008, [email protected] 19-33, Nov. 16, 2014, [email protected] 7-22 <--Broncos games I've attended

Comment

• Originally posted by ozzies94ta
                      another reason I like this thread is it keeps me updated how long I gotta wait 4 tha season 2 start!
                      I got a PM message a while ago about preseason. So perhaps starting tomorrow, I will include the countdown to the first preseason game at San Francisco.

Monday Night Game on ESPN 5pm Pacific in just......

60 DAYS!!

sigpic

Comment

• Hehe, I already have my game on a count down 72 days left.

Comment

Hehe, I already have my game on a count down 72 days left.
                          You must be the proud owner of a seat at the first home game in preseason against the Browns.

sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning Everyone and Happy Friday!! :wave: :dance:

It is Friday June 15th the 166th day of the year with 199 to go.

86 days until the regular season opener at Buffalo

59 days until the preseason opener at San Francisco.

3 More Days JWinn!! Aloha!!

Today's Question is another no brainer:

What year did the Broncos make the playoffs for the first time?

sigpic

Comment

You must be the proud owner of a seat at the first home game in preseason against the Browns.
                              Sure am, will be my first game.

Comment

Sure am, will be my first game.
                                Cool. Your first ever live game at Invesco eh? You will get goosebumps when you walk out of your tunnel and see the stadium from the inside. It will be a moving experience..... Trust me.

I have not been in Invesco yet.

But I spent plenty of time in ol' Mile High.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X