Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lvbronx
    replied
    Easy one...who was the first Bronco offensive lineman to play in the Pro Bowl?

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    ^^^^Thanks for another Q&A Sam_Z!

:thumb:

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
    CB Willie Brown
    Winner

The Hall of Famer, Willie Brown was undrafted. He was signed by the Houston Oilers of the American Football League (AFL), but was cut from the team during training camp. He made his debut with the Denver Broncos, even though the best part of his career with the Oakland Raiders. He was a Bronco from 1963-66, and was traded to Oakland in 1967, playing there for 12 seasons.

The corner from Grambling State was a massive hitter and the all-time leading Raider in interceptions, He was named to five AFL All-Star games and four NFL Pro Bowls. He was also named All-AFL three times and All-NFL four times. In 1984 he was inducted into the NFL Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Last edited by CanDB; 07-23-2019, 05:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• EddieMac
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    Which former undrafted NFL star, who made his debut as a Denver Bronco, was inducted into the pro football Hall of Fame long before John Elway?
    CB Willie Brown

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Which former undrafted NFL star, who made his debut as a Denver Bronco, was inducted into the pro football Hall of Fame long before John Elway?

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    BTW...thx to Sam_Z for the last trivia question!!

:thumb:

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    Merlin Olsen
    Winner!

Merlin Jay Olsen was a Hall Of Fame player, announcer, and actor. He played his entire 15-year professional football career in the National Football League as a defensive tackle with the Los Angeles Rams. He was selected to the Pro Bowl a record 14 straight times, missing selection only in the last year of his career. Olsen is a member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame and the College Football Hall of Fame. As an actor, he portrayed farmer Jonathan Garvey on Little House on the Prairie. After leaving that series, he starred in his own NBC drama, Father Murphy.

Coming out of college, Olsen had offers from both the Los Angeles Rams of the National Football League and the Denver Broncos of the rival American Football League. He chose the security of the NFL and signed with the Rams.

Olsen was also known as an NFL commentator for making the assumption that Jim McMahon left a game from whiplash, when in fact, the 1984 match up between the Bears and Raiders (dubbed the most violent NFL game of all time) resulted in McMahon actually suffering from a lacerated kidney!

Leave a comment:

• FL BRONCO
    replied
    Merlin Olsen

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Another clue:

This player played his entire career with The LA Rams.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    Here's one offered to me by a fellow member:

Which former Denver Broncos draft pick once referred to a Jim McMahon injury as just whiplash?
    He never played a down with The Broncos, but played 15 years with another NFL team.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Here's one offered to me by a fellow member:

Which former Denver Broncos draft pick once referred to a Jim McMahon injury as just whiplash?

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by Shiz View Post
    Rick Parros!! He started all 16 games his rookie year and followed up with 17 more starts the following 5 years and his yardage is comparable to. I don’t know him and would never have guessed this as I was born 1980 but with intense research the past 10 minutes, I got it.

Make the CPs rain down on me!
    WINNER!

Rick Parros was drafted by the Denver Broncos in the fourth round of the 1980 NFL Draft, for whom he played from 1981 through 1984. He was Denver's leading rusher in 1981 with 749 yards on 176 carries. Parros also played for the Seattle Seahawks from 1985 through 1987.

Though he led The Broncos in his rookie season, he only managed another 632 yards rushing for the rest of his career, Therefore he had over 54% of his rushing career in year one.

Leave a comment:

• EddieMac
    replied
    Originally posted by Shiz View Post
    A hair too late there, EM.

Dam.. and honestly I didn’t see your answer before I posted...I decided to chase down the answer and never even looked in While I was researching.... you google way faster. Haha

. good work...CP of course..
    Last edited by EddieMac; 07-20-2019, 08:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Shiz
    replied
    Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
    Rick U. Parros (born June 14, 1958) is a former American football running back in the National Football League. He was drafted by the Denver Broncos in the fourth round of the 1980 NFL Draft, for whom he played from 1981 through 1984. He was Denver's leading rusher in 1981 with 749 yards on 176 carries. He played college football at Utah State

Parros also played for the Seattle Seahawks from 1985 through 1987.
    A hair too late there, EM.

Leave a comment:

• EddieMac
    replied
    Rick U. Parros (born June 14, 1958) is a former American football running back in the National Football League. He was drafted by the Denver Broncos in the fourth round of the 1980 NFL Draft, for whom he played from 1981 through 1984. He was Denver's leading rusher in 1981 with 749 yards on 176 carries. He played college football at Utah State

Parros also played for the Seattle Seahawks from 1985 through 1987.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X