X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I thought maybe he led the team in rushing when we basically used a FB as a RB. And I was also thinking he basically fell off after Cleveland.
    It was a good guess my friend. I am being a bit picky on this one....yet again!!

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    Sorry DB. I am not aware of any Bronco stats he was leading in as a rookie, he played for 4 NFL teams, and as far as I can tell, he had some success after his rookie season. Please try again!:thumb:
    I thought maybe he led the team in rushing when we basically used a FB as a RB. And I was also thinking he basically fell off after Cleveland.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post
    Mike Anderson? I know I'm wrong ... but he had a great rookie season, and then some ... felt like throwing a name out...
    Good try pal! Mike Anderson had a fabulous rookie season, and did play on another NFL team. But in the key stats, his rookie year was less than 1/2 of his entire career. Because you got several parts of this correct (good rookie season/declined performance/2 NFL teams) I'm sending some points!:thumb:

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Peyton Hillis?
    Sorry DB. I am not aware of any Bronco stats he was leading in as a rookie, he played for 4 NFL teams, and as far as I can tell, he had some success after his rookie season. Please try again!:thumb:

Leave a comment:

• Sophia23
    replied
    Following on the theme regarding players who had better rookie seasons....

This player played 4 seasons with Denver and then another couple on another NFL team.

He led The Broncos in a key category in his rookie season, but that was over 1/2 of his production for his entire 6 seasons. Who is he?
    Mike Anderson? I know I'm wrong ... but he had a great rookie season, and then some ... felt like throwing a name out...

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied

This player played 4 seasons with Denver and then another couple on another NFL team.

He led The Broncos in a key category in his rookie season, but that was over 1/2 of his production for his entire 6 seasons. Who is he?
    Peyton Hillis?

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
    Eddie Royal
    Winner

Eddie Royal was drafted by The Broncos in the second round of the 2008 draft, and had an immediate impact. In his rookie season he had 91 receptions for 980 yards, and scored 5 TDs. But he was very versatile as well, with 140 punt return yards, 600 kickoff return yards (1 for 95) and even managed another 109 rushing yards on 11 carries. His 91 receptions are 2nd all time for a rookie.

Royal played 4 seasons with Denver before moving on to San Diego for three, and Chicago for two. And though he had a good career, with 400 receptions including 1,188 and 1,375 yards in punt and kickoff returns (respectively), it was his rookie year that stands out, and for which he still has a number of Bronco records.

Leave a comment:

• EddieMac
    replied
    Eddie Royal

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    This former Bronco played for 9 NFL seasons (on 3 teams), but never matched his rookie season.

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    WINNER!!!

Only 2 players in Broncos' history have had a last name starting with "Z".....Gary Zimmerman and Bob Zeman!

Edward Robert Zeman was an American football defensive back who played six seasons in the American Football League from 1960 to 1966.

Zeman was drafted by the Los Angeles Chargers in the 1960 AFL draft. He was part of a stellar defense nicknamed the "Seven Pirates" — a squad which intercepted an AFL record 49 passes during the 1961 season.

He then played 2 seasons for The Denver Broncos, and in his first season, garnered a Pro Bowl selection on the strength of six interceptions; one was returned for a touchdown.

Zeman also coached with the Broncos, between 1978 and 1982.

17 of those INTs were made by guys named Zeman, Goose, and Wahoo. Also had 2 LBs punting and our kicker returning kicks that year

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    Beast and I have a good thing going. I trust he knows what I meant.

And this is in fun, but typically there's one winner, and it's the first one to respond correctly. Sometimes rewards are provided, if one feels the respondent is deserving.

Movin on.....
    I was agreeing with you. Just want to clarify in case any new (to the thread) members stopped by.

Yes, let's move on.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by Peanut View Post
    If this was a real contest, you would be correct. But since this is all for fun, it's a good thing you were just joking.
    Beast and I have a good thing going. I trust he knows what I meant.

And this is in fun, but typically there's one winner, and it's the first one to respond correctly. Sometimes rewards are provided, if one feels the respondent is deserving.

Movin on.....

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    No problem Beast! I was joking a bit with you, given I had posted it earlier, and that you clearly did not see. I will look like the culprit. I'm cool with that. I guess I thought that the first person to answer correctly is the so called winner, and CPs awarded accordingly. Maybe I have been following my own guidelines. (And no, I am not looking for CPs)
    If this was a real contest, you would be correct. But since this is all for fun, it's a good thing you were just joking.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    It’s all good. But to answer your question that DB is Bob Zeman.
    WINNER!!!

Only 2 players in Broncos' history have had a last name starting with "Z".....Gary Zimmerman and Bob Zeman!

Edward Robert Zeman was an American football defensive back who played six seasons in the American Football League from 1960 to 1966.

Zeman was drafted by the Los Angeles Chargers in the 1960 AFL draft. He was part of a stellar defense nicknamed the "Seven Pirates" — a squad which intercepted an AFL record 49 passes during the 1961 season.

He then played 2 seasons for The Denver Broncos, and in his first season, garnered a Pro Bowl selection on the strength of six interceptions; one was returned for a touchdown.

Zeman also coached with the Broncos, between 1978 and 1982.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X