Bronco Daily Fun Facts And Trivia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sbutk View Post
    I'll take a crack at this one, too: John Engleberger, if I'm not mistaken.

Correct.

We sent cornerback Willie Middlebrooks to San Francisco.
    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning Everyone. :wave:

Today is Tuesday September 4th the 247th day of the year with 118 To go.

I certainly hope everyone had a great Labor Day weekend. It was an interesting college ball weekend that's for sure.

And I am major league bummed out I will miss opening weekend as I will be in San Antonio this weekend probably stuck watching Kubiak and the Texans.

Preseason Record:

2-2

Broncos 17 49ers 13
      Broncos 20 Cowboys 31
      Broncos 16 Browns 17
      Broncos 21 Cardinals 3

Here is a link to the preseason stats if anyone is interested in reviewing them.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=98

We head to Buffalo in 5 days for opening day. Kickoff is slated for 1pm EST on Sunday.

Today's Fun Fact:

Chris Myers was a three-year starter in college at Miami who played center, both guard positions, and right tackle on the Hurricanes' offensive line.

sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning Gang.:wave:

Today is Wednesday September 5th the 248th day of the year with 117 to go.

Preseason Record:

2-2

Broncos 17 49ers 13
        Broncos 20 Cowboys 31
        Broncos 16 Browns 17
        Broncos 21 Cardinals 3

Here is a link to the preseason stats if anyone is interested in reviewing them.

Regular season kicks off at Buffalo in 4 days. Kickoff is slated for 1pm EST 10am PST this Sunday.

Today's Question:

Defensive end Trevor Pryce entered 2005 with 12 multi-sack games in his Broncos' career. Who was the only player in club history with more? (since the NFL offically began tracking the statistic in 1982)

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post

Today's Question:

Defensive end Trevor Pryce entered 2005 with 12 multi-sack games in his Broncos' career. Who was the only player in club history with more? (since the NFL offically began tracking the statistic in 1982)

It's probably one of two players, but I'll limit myself to one...

Simon Fletcher?

Comment

Good Morning Gang.:wave:

Today is Wednesday September 5th the 248th day of the year with 117 to go.

Preseason Record:

2-2

Broncos 17 49ers 13
            Broncos 20 Cowboys 31
            Broncos 16 Browns 17
            Broncos 21 Cardinals 3

Regular season kicks off at Buffalo in 4 days. Kickoff is slated for 1pm EST 10am PST this Sunday.

Today's Question:

Karl Mechlenburgh

Comment

• Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
              It's probably one of two players, but I'll limit myself to one...

Simon Fletcher?
              Linebacker and Defensive End Simon Fletcher (1985-1995) had 20 Multi-Sack Games.

Before I saw the answer, I was thinking Karl as well Ravage.

WTG lvbronx

I just had to go look this up. Check out the sack stats.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=153
              Last edited by BroncoManiac_69; 09-05-2007, 09:15 AM.

sigpic

Comment

Linebacker and Defensive End Simon Fletcher (1985-1995) had 20 Multi-Sack Games.

Before I saw the answer, I was thinking Karl as well Ravage.

WTG lvbronx
                When I said I thought of two, Meck was the other one...

Comment

• Looking at that sack stat link, I didn't realize Simon was the clear leader in that category.

He also holds an NFL record of 10 consecutive games with a recorded sack.

I learned something new today.

sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning Troops :wave:

Today is Thursday September 6th the 249th day of the year with 116 to go

Preseason Record:

2-2

Broncos 17 49ers 13
                    Broncos 20 Cowboys 31
                    Broncos 16 Browns 17
                    Broncos 21 Cardinals 3

Regular season kicks off at Buffalo in 3 days. Kickoff is slated for 1pm EST 10am PST this Sunday.

Today's Fun Fact:

Linebacker Al Wilson captained Tennessee's undefeated national champions in 1998

sigpic

Comment

• OK my friends. I am leaving for Vegas here shortly then off to Texas tomorrow. I won't be back on line until Tuesday so...

Friday's Question:

With 60 sacks entering 2005, defensive end Trevor Pryce ranked third on the Broncos' career list in that category (since the NFL officially began tracking the statistic in 1982). What players ranked and two?

^^The answer to this one is just a click away in a previous post.^^

Fun Fact for the weekend Sept 8/9:

Linebacker Al Wilson earned three consecutive Pro Bowl selections following the 2001 to 2003 seasons.

Monday September 10th Question:

Who was the longest-tenured player on the Broncos' Kickoff Weekend roster in 2005?

I hope everyone has a great weekend and enjoys kick off weekend. Good luck to our beloved Orange and Blue in Buffalo. I hope to posted to a 1-0 record on Tuesday when I return.

CYA next week!

sigpic

Comment

Monday September 10th Question:

Who was the longest-tenured player on the Broncos' Kickoff Weekend roster in 2005?
                        I'll take a stab at this one...

Rod Smith (runner up would be Jason Elam? perhaps verse vice-a)

Comment

• Originally posted by TheGlue Factory View Post
                          I'll take a stab at this one...

Rod Smith (runner up would be Jason Elam? perhaps verse vice-a)

Kicker Jason Elam, who was in his 13th season with the club.

...and like the energizer bunny.. keeps going...and going....and going...

And come on gang. Let's not be too hard on him this week.

sigpic

Comment

• Friday's Answer:

Simon Fletcher (97.5) and Karl Mecklenburg (79.5)

sigpic

Comment

• Ok.. Moving On and Good Morning Everybody :wave:

I am so glad to be home. The trip to San Antonio was an exhausting one that would require it's own thread in ABF to get into.

I didn't even hear the results of the game until late Sunday night and I got a play by play on the phone from a friend in Vegas regarding the way this game ended. I finally saw the final few minutes on ESPN last night while sitting on a brand new Frontier jet watching it in HD. That was so sweet!

First off:

Thoughts and Prayers go out to Buffalo Bill's tight end Kevin Everett. What a tragic event. May he recover to the fullest extent possible after such a devastating injury. The thought of him possibly losing his life over this is gut wrenching. God bless him and his family during this crisis.

My goodness. when I heard the news, I felt numb. And to beat them the way we did almost didn't seem fair after that but this game can have no mercy.

Today is Tuesday September 11th the 254th day of the year with 111 to go.

As we remember back to the attacks 6 years ago today, may prayers and thoughts continue to go out to the loved one's of the the lives lost that horrifying day.

Moving on...

Preseason Record:

2-2

Broncos 17 49ers 13
                              Broncos 20 Cowboys 31
                              Broncos 16 Browns 17
                              Broncos 21 Cardinals 3

Regular Season Record:

1-0

Broncos 15 Bills 14

The next game is this Sunday September 16th at Invesco field 4:15pm EST against our dreaded rivals the Oakland Raiders.

Today's Fun Fact:

With 109 tackles in 2004, linebacker Al Wilson topped the century mark for the fifth consecutive season in that category.

sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning Everyone. :wave:

It was a big relief to hear that Kevin Everett's prognosis is much better today and now they believe he will walk again.

Preseason Record:

2-2

Broncos 17 49ers 13
                                Broncos 20 Cowboys 31
                                Broncos 16 Browns 17
                                Broncos 21 Cardinals 3

Regular Season Record:

1-0

Broncos 15 Bills 14

The next game is this Sunday September 16th at Invesco field 4:15pm EST against our dreaded rivals the Oakland Raiders.

Today's Question:

What 1994 draft choice was still with the Broncos in 2005?

And he's still on the team.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X