Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bronco Daily Fun Facts And Trivia

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by sbutk View Post
    Haha. Even you acknowledge this one is a no-brainer... Wade Phillips.

    Whadda ya mean "even me"? LOL

    All 3 of you got rewarded.

    LET'S GO BRONCOS!! Finish Off These Steelers!!
    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

    sigpic

    Comment


    • Good Morning Everyone! :wave:

      Smilies all around in Bronco Nation today!

      Today is Monday October 22nd the 295th day of the year with 70 to go.

      Preseason Record:

      2-2

      W ~ Broncos 17 49ers 13
      L ~ Broncos 20 Cowboys 31
      L ~ Broncos 16 Browns 17
      W ~ Broncos 21 Cardinals 3

      Regular Season Record:

      3-3

      W ~ Broncos 15 Bills 14
      W ~ Broncos 23 Raiders 20
      L ~ Broncos 14 Jaguars 23
      L ~ Broncos 20 Colts 38
      L ~ Broncos 3 Chargers 41
      W ~ Broncos 31 Steelers 28

      The next game is next Monday Night as we stay at home and in the National Spotlight against the Green Bay Packers. Kick off is scheduled for 8:30 EST.

      Today's Fun Fact:

      Defensive end Trevor Pryce earned four consecutive Pro Bowl selections following the 1999-2002 seasons.
      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

      sigpic

      Comment


      • Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
        The next game is next Monday Night as we stay at home and in the National Spotlight against the Green Bay Packers. Kick off is scheduled for 8:30 EST.

        :offtopic:


        Anybody have any (realistic) advice for us low-lifes without ESPN, for catching this game? Suddenly I have a little more confidence in this team.

        ...Sopcast, or anything like that?


        sigpic
        They're your teammates, now.
        Best of luck, TT!
        ...Always a class act - in any uniform.



        sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

        Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by sbutk View Post
          :offtopic:


          Anybody have any (realistic) advice for us low-lifes without ESPN, for catching this game? Suddenly I have a little more confidence in this team.

          ...Sopcast, or anything like that?


          Possibly sopcast, though there have been rumors that it has been shut down. Worse comes to worse, its Monday Night Football. Any local bar or restaurant should have it on a few screens. When I want to see a ball game with some friends, we go to Hooters for a few hours. Just an idea


          My 2007 Adopt a Broncos are Brandon Marshall and Erica Weston

          Comment


          • Good Day Folks! :wave:

            Please Note: Due to the possibility of the World Series game 5, ESPN has changed our start time next Monday Night from 8:30 EST to 8:05 EST.

            Today is Tuesday October 23rd the 296th day of the year with 69 to go.

            Preseason Record:

            2-2

            W ~ Broncos 17 49ers 13
            L ~ Broncos 20 Cowboys 31
            L ~ Broncos 16 Browns 17
            W ~ Broncos 21 Cardinals 3

            Regular Season Record:

            3-3

            W ~ Broncos 15 Bills 14
            W ~ Broncos 23 Raiders 20
            L ~ Broncos 14 Jaguars 23
            L ~ Broncos 20 Colts 38
            L ~ Broncos 3 Chargers 41
            W ~ Broncos 31 Steelers 28

            The next game is next Monday Night as we stay at home and in the National Spotlight against the Green Bay Packers. Kick off is scheduled for 8:05 EST.

            Today's Question:

            What NFL team hired Mike Shanahan as its head coach in 1988?
            :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

            sigpic

            Comment


            • Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
              Good Day Folks! :wave:

              Please Note: Due to the possibility of the World Series game 5, ESPN has changed our start time next Monday Night from 8:30 EST to 8:05 EST.

              Today is Tuesday October 23rd the 296th day of the year with 69 to go.

              Preseason Record:

              2-2

              W ~ Broncos 17 49ers 13
              L ~ Broncos 20 Cowboys 31
              L ~ Broncos 16 Browns 17
              W ~ Broncos 21 Cardinals 3

              Regular Season Record:

              3-3

              W ~ Broncos 15 Bills 14
              W ~ Broncos 23 Raiders 20
              L ~ Broncos 14 Jaguars 23
              L ~ Broncos 20 Colts 38
              L ~ Broncos 3 Chargers 41
              W ~ Broncos 31 Steelers 28

              The next game is next Monday Night as we stay at home and in the National Spotlight against the Green Bay Packers. Kick off is scheduled for 8:05 EST.

              Today's Question:

              What NFL team hired Mike Shanahan as its head coach in 1988?
              I wont answer this because Ive answered way too many . But change the game from 8:30 to 8:05??? What exactly is that going to do???


              My 2007 Adopt a Broncos are Brandon Marshall and Erica Weston

              Comment


              • Originally posted by TheFuture6 View Post
                I wont answer this because Ive answered way too many . But change the game from 8:30 to 8:05??? What exactly is that going to do???
                right there with you on that one! on both accounts!:

                Comment


                • Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
                  Today's Question:

                  What NFL team hired Mike Shanahan as its head coach in 1988?

                  I believe that would be the Oakland Raiders.




                  But change the game from 8:30 to 8:05??? What exactly is that going to do???
                  My initial thought was to alleviate the traffic snarl just a bit (by having fewer fans trying to arrive simultaneously to the Broncos and Rockies games). But since it's ESPN's doing, and not the NFL's... I'm not sure.

                  Last edited by sbutk; 10-23-2007, 09:21 AM.
                  sigpic
                  They're your teammates, now.
                  Best of luck, TT!
                  ...Always a class act - in any uniform.



                  sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

                  Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by TheFuture6 View Post
                    I wont answer this because Ive answered way too many . But change the game from 8:30 to 8:05??? What exactly is that going to do???
                    I believe the change was due to traffic issues. Buses, taxi's I would imagine are factors as well. The Rockies game will start aproximately 40 minutes later at 8:45 EST. As it was, there was only a 15 minute window between the two. Not that 25 minutes earlier would make that big of a difference but will help.

                    And remember TV controls everything these days. The Broncos attempted to change the date back to Sunday but the league said no.

                    That's the only logical thing I can come up with.
                    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by sbutk View Post
                      I believe that would be the Oakland Raiders.

                      Part of that answer is correct.
                      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
                        Part of that answer is correct.
                        The LA Traiders? I suppose the Faiders hadn't moved back north yet.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by TheGlue Factory View Post
                          The LA Traiders? I suppose the Faiders hadn't moved back north yet.
                          Correct. They were still in Los Angeles at the time.

                          The Raiders only won 8 of 20 games in Shanahan's brief rookie coaching stint.
                          :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
                            I believe the change was due to traffic issues. Buses, taxi's I would imagine are factors as well. The Rockies game will start aproximately 40 minutes later at 8:45 EST. As it was, there was only a 15 minute window between the two. Not that 25 minutes earlier would make that big of a difference but will help.

                            And remember TV controls everything these days. The Broncos attempted to change the date back to Sunday but the league said no.

                            That's the only logical thing I can come up with.
                            I personally would like to see the World Series game 5 be moved to a day game? Would that at all be possible? It would be a terrible thing to have to divide fans like that.

                            Here's to the Rockies sweeping the Sox in 4, and this not being a problem


                            My 2007 Adopt a Broncos are Brandon Marshall and Erica Weston

                            Comment


                            • Good Morning Gang :wave:

                              Please Note: Due to the possibility of the World Series game 5, ESPN has changed our start time next Monday Night from 8:30 EST to 8:05 EST.

                              Today is Wednesday October 24th the 297th day of the year with 68 to go.

                              Preseason Record:

                              2-2

                              W ~ Broncos 17 49ers 13
                              L ~ Broncos 20 Cowboys 31
                              L ~ Broncos 16 Browns 17
                              W ~ Broncos 21 Cardinals 3

                              Regular Season Record:

                              3-3

                              W ~ Broncos 15 Bills 14
                              W ~ Broncos 23 Raiders 20
                              L ~ Broncos 14 Jaguars 23
                              L ~ Broncos 20 Colts 38
                              L ~ Broncos 3 Chargers 41
                              W ~ Broncos 31 Steelers 28

                              The next game is next Monday Night as we stay at home and in the National Spotlight against the Green Bay Packers. Kick off is scheduled for 8:05 EST.

                              Today's Fun Fact:

                              Defensive tackle Monsanto Pope had a sack in his NFL debut against St. Louis in 2002. Later in the year, he had 2 sacks against Oakland in his first starting assignment.


                              Good Luck to the Rockies in game 1 tonight!
                              :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
                                Part of that answer is correct.

                                Hahaha, ya got me. ...Thanks, Glue Factory.


                                :doh:
                                sigpic
                                They're your teammates, now.
                                Best of luck, TT!
                                ...Always a class act - in any uniform.



                                sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

                                Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X