Bronco Daily Fun Facts And Trivia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheGlue Factory View Post
    3rd longest current streak in the NFL. Packers and Washington both beat us out. And to think we almost lost the Broncos in '65.

Everyone here should send a big THANK YOU to the Phipps brothers for purchasing 52% of Empire Sports enabling them to keep the Broncos in Denver.
    I believe we are #2 with the Redskins in 1st place. I'm pretty sure that is the case.

I attempted to find a link to the attendance sell out streaks but came up empty. Sometimes those search functions really tick me off.

On NFL.com, I simply put "Denver Broncos Attendance" and the first article listed was about yesterday's Charger game. I don't have the time or patience at the moment to sort through 25 pages of nonsense.

:brick:
    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
      I believe we are #2 with the Redskins in 1st place. I'm pretty sure that is the case.

I attempted to find a link to the attendance sell out streaks but came up empty. Sometimes those search functions really tick me off.

On NFL.com, I simply put "Denver Broncos Attendance" and the first article listed was about yesterday's Charger game. I don't have the time or patience at the moment to sort through 25 pages of nonsense.

:brick:
      I would find it hard to believe that Green Bay didn't beat us also. The only reason I'd even consider it is if they had a break where a game or two didn't sell out when they were pitiful in the 70's & 80's.

Comment

• Good Morning Everyone :wave:

Brrrrrrr.

I want to attempt to find that info today Glue.

Today is Tuesday January 8th, the 8th day of the year with 358 to go.

109 days until the draft.

Today's Trivia:

Name the defensive back who was penciled into the Broncos' starting lineup for 156 consectutive games from 1971 to 1981.

This is a name I haven't heard in a very long time.

sigpic

Comment

I have attempted to locate these facts via numorous websites with no luck today.

I did get close I thought on CBS Sportsline when I found the Redskin's noted about their sellout streak. Clicking that link led me to a story about Andy Reid and drugs in his house.

I would like to neg those search functions as I AM THE LAW GIVER!. :hammer:

However I will CP the first person to post a link regarding the sellout streaks in the NFL.

sigpic

Comment

Today's Trivia:

Name the defensive back who was penciled into the Broncos' starting lineup for 156 consectutive games from 1971 to 1981.

This is a name I haven't heard in a very long time.
            Was it Billy Thompson?
            I know he played during the 70's but I'm not sure
            Last edited by jetrazor74; 01-08-2008, 11:14 PM.

Comment

I have attempted to locate these facts via numorous websites with no luck today.

I did get close I thought on CBS Sportsline when I found the Redskin's noted about their sellout streak. Clicking that link led me to a story about Andy Reid and drugs in his house.

I would like to neg those search functions as I AM THE LAW GIVER!. :hammer:

However I will CP the first person to post a link regarding the sellout streaks in the NFL.
              Here's a link an article by rick gosselin at Dallas News.com from August 2007 listing the current streaks as of that date. I can't find anything newer.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...r.2ff4723.html

unfortunately, they don't say where they got their numbers.

Comment

• Originally posted by jetrazor74 View Post
                Here's a link an article by rick gosselin at Dallas News.com from August 2007 listing the current streaks as of that date. I can't find anything newer.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...r.2ff4723.html

unfortunately, they don't say where they got their numbers.
                WOW!! It took a Dallas news article to find it. I have been SO frustrated as you know looking for that chart.

I don't mean to put Glue down, but I knew we were in 2nd years ago, just couldn't prove it. As Glue mentioned the Packers, one of the first clubs around, you would think they would be ahead of us.

I also knew that Pitt was not far behind.

THANKS so much for that link. Good work on the find.

You have been rewarded.

sigpic

Comment

WOW!! It took a Dallas news article to find it. I have been SO frustrated as you know looking for that chart.

I don't mean to put Glue down, but I knew we were in 2nd years ago, just couldn't prove it. As Glue mentioned the Packers, one of the first clubs around, you would think they would be ahead of us.

You have been rewarded.

Thanks although I didn't really do it for the cp!! I was starting to get frustrated as well.

I just kept trying different google searches.... Found several other message boards that were arguing over that same fact. I'm supprised it's not easier to find. You would think some of those sports sites like profootballreference.com would have stuff like that, but I couldn't find it there.

Anyway, it was a nice challenge, and allowed me to put off doing work for a while!!!

Comment

Thanks although I didn't really do it for the cp!! I was starting to get frustrated as well.

I just kept trying different google searches.... Found several other message boards that were arguing over that same fact. I'm supprised it's not easier to find. You would think some of those sports sites like profootballreference.com would have stuff like that, but I couldn't find it there.

Anyway, it was a nice challenge, and allowed me to put off doing work for a while!!!
                    I thought the same thing. It should be much easier to find out facts like this without being sent into some other time warp spending hours searching through their crap.

This includes

NFL
                    CBS
                    FOX
                    ABC
                    NBC

Just to name the majors.

Wikipedia had me so frustrated. :brick:

WELL DONE!!

sigpic

Comment

Was it Billy Thompson?
                      I know he played during the 70's but I'm not sure
                      Yes it was Billy.

sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning Gang! :wave:

Today is Wednesday January 9th, the 9th day of the year with 357 to go.

108 days until the draft.

Today's Fun Fact:

The Broncos led the NFL in total offense in back-to-back seasons in 1996 and 1997.

And for the NEXT two seasons I would like to see us lead in total defense.

EDIT: I just tracked the new calendar and it was scanned in Commerce City, CO at 1:00 am this morning. Scheduled delivery is tomorrow.

Woot Woot.
                        Last edited by BroncoManiac_69; 01-09-2008, 08:12 AM.

sigpic

Comment

You have been rewarded.
                          Well I sit corrected! I thought I had seen something a while ago that showed us behind GB. Good to know that we're only 19 games from tieing Washington. If they break their streak I know we'll overtake them on game #20.

Thanks for the correction to my erroneous data!

Comment

Well I sit corrected! I thought I had seen something a while ago that showed us behind GB. Good to know that we're only 19 games from tieing Washington. If they break their streak I know we'll overtake them on game #20.

Thanks for the correction to my erroneous data!
                            I remember when originally hearing our streak ranking, places like Green Bay, New York and Chicago immediately came to mind.

What I find fascinating about Washington is their new stadium holds around 90K which is obviously well over our capacity and they still sell it out.

Kudos to the Redskin fans!

sigpic

Comment

I remember when originally hearing our streak ranking, places like Green Bay, New York and Chicago immediately came to mind.

What I find fascinating about Washington is their new stadium holds around 90K which is obviously well over our capacity and they still sell it out.

Kudos to the Redskin fans!
                              I'm sure we'd still be selling out if Mile was increased to 90k+

Comment

I'm sure we'd still be selling out if Mile was increased to 90k+
                                Funny you mention this.

I remember many moons ago, before Invesco was designed, they actually wanted to knock out the old south stands and enclose that entire south end like the north end was. Make a giant bowl out of it.

It would have put us over the 100K mark. I believe they said around 105K. But the league said no.

As loud and crazy as the old Mile High Stadium was, can you imagine what it would have been like if they actually had done that???

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X