No announcement yet.

Bronco Daily Fun Facts And Trivia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK......well now, Lum's was a bit difficult and mine was a bit easy. We got a whole lot of middle to go after!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
      Lets just say that Lumiere might like that answer. Lets see what he says....
      Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
      He’s correct. I googled Broncos coaching history earlier today and saw it on Wiki. I just didn’t want to cheat and put it here when I looked it up.
      Unsolved no more. Now we need another crazy hard trivia! :doh:
      To infinity...and beyond.

Comment

OK......well now, Lum's was a bit difficult and mine was a bit easy. We got a whole lot of middle to go after!!!
        Cheers to that!

Comment

• I actually thought the pro bowl one was going to be a hard one because it's a bit random. But FL Bronco got it pretty fast.

I googled 1990 pro bowl and got nothing special or new related other than the rosters, coaches and score.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
            I actually thought the pro bowl one was going to be a hard one because it's a bit random. But FL Bronco got it pretty fast.

I googled 1990 pro bowl and got nothing special or new related other than the rosters, coaches and score.
            FL was on a wave today!!!

Lum's quiz lasted 4 days or so, and he hits the mark on both. And based on what you said, it makes me feel a wee bit better.....our goal is to be google proof, but it is not easy to know what tidbit will open the door wide open....thx to that internet fad!!!

Comment

FL was on a wave today!!!

Lum's quiz lasted 4 days or so, and he hits the mark on both. And based on what you said, it makes me feel a wee bit better.....our goal is to be google proof, but it is not easy to know what tidbit will open the door wide open....thx to that internet fad!!!
              I'll admit I didn't try very hard to crack the pro bowl code. But I didn't know what else to try other than 1990 pro bowl.

On the coaching one all I did was go to the wiki page of all Broncos head coaches (there is a page where all are listed in one list). And then just started clicking on each of them and looking at their resumes.
              sigpic

Comment

I'll admit I didn't try very hard to crack the pro bowl code. But I didn't know what else to try other than 1990 pro bowl.

On the coaching one all I did was go to the wiki page of all Broncos head coaches (there is a page where all are listed in one list). And then just started clicking on each of them and looking at their resumes.
                I believe you and I use roughly the same approach.....although I am not in that mode while GMan and I coordinate this thread.

But yes, start with something and sniff it out, one piece at a time.

Comment

That's how I would have approached it as well.

Like the man said, Can and I try to make these Google proof...these aren't the Patriots boards.

Comment

• Random fact of the day

Katharine Lee Bates claims that her timeless classic “America the Beautiful” was inspired by a climb up Pikes Peak.

Random quote of the day

"The talent is so close in the NFL that you're standing on the razor's edge of being an elite team and being a mediocre team.” – Stink

This month in Broncos history

March 21, 2012 - Denver trades quarterback Tim Tebow to the New York Jets.

March 28, 1976 - QB Charley Johnson announces his retirement after 15 seasons, the last four of which were spent in Denver.

Upcoming team events

March 12-14: During the period beginning at noon ET, on March 12th and ending at 3:59:59 p.m ET, on March 14th, clubs are permitted to contact, and enter into contract negotiations with, the certified agents of players who will become Unrestricted Free Agents upon the expiration of their 2017 player contracts at 4 p.m. ET, on March 14.

March 14: The 2018 League Year and Free Agency period begin at 4 p.m. ET. The first day of the 2018 League Year will end at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on March 14.

March 14: Trading period for 2018 begins at 4 p.m. ET, after expiration of all 2017 contracts.

March 25-28: Annual League Meeting, Orlando, Florida.

Today’s trivia

I was drafted by the Broncos in the first round, spent eight years in Denver, was a five time pro-bowler, and finished my career with 700+ tackles (solo + assisted).

Comment

• Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
                      Random fact of the day

Katharine Lee Bates claims that her timeless classic “America the Beautiful” was inspired by a climb up Pikes Peak.

Random quote of the day

"The talent is so close in the NFL that you're standing on the razor's edge of being an elite team and being a mediocre team.” – Stink

This month in Broncos history

March 21, 2012 - Denver trades quarterback Tim Tebow to the New York Jets.

March 28, 1976 - QB Charley Johnson announces his retirement after 15 seasons, the last four of which were spent in Denver.

Upcoming team events

March 12-14: During the period beginning at noon ET, on March 12th and ending at 3:59:59 p.m ET, on March 14th, clubs are permitted to contact, and enter into contract negotiations with, the certified agents of players who will become Unrestricted Free Agents upon the expiration of their 2017 player contracts at 4 p.m. ET, on March 14.

March 14: The 2018 League Year and Free Agency period begin at 4 p.m. ET. The first day of the 2018 League Year will end at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on March 14.

March 14: Trading period for 2018 begins at 4 p.m. ET, after expiration of all 2017 contracts.

March 25-28: Annual League Meeting, Orlando, Florida.

Today’s trivia

I was drafted by the Broncos in the first round, spent eight years in Denver, was a five time pro-bowler, and finished my career with 700+ tackles (solo + assisted).
                      Al Wilson

Comment

• Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                        Al Wilson

Winner! :clap: That was even the photo I had. :thumb:

Al Wilson

Smoke Dog was drafted after his final year at Tennessee as the 31st pick in the first round of the 1999 NFL Draft and signed to the Denver Broncos. Wilson became the anchor of the Broncos' defense and earned five Pro Bowl selections. He was one of the fastest middle linebackers in the league and was very good in pass coverage. He passed the 100-tackle mark in five consecutive seasons, including 109 tackles (73 of which were solo) in 2004 to rank second on the Broncos. Wilson led the Broncos in tackles for the second consecutive year in 2003 with 128 tackles.

On December 3, 2006, Wilson suffered a neck injury during a fake field goal attempt against the Seattle Seahawks during the Sunday Night Football game. He was carted off the field and immediately taken to a hospital, but was cleared by the Denver Broncos to return the following week to help Denver try to make the playoffs. The Denver Broncos signed many free agents during the 2007 offseason, such as running back Travis Henry and quarterback Patrick Ramsey, resulting in some salary cap trouble. The Broncos attempted to trade Wilson to the New York Giants, but Wilson failed his physical and the trade talks died down.

Wilson was released by the Denver Broncos on April 13, 2007, due to injuries and salary cap problems.

Comment

• Today's Trivia......

Random Fact of the Day

Who was the first male cheerleader in Denver Broncos history? Robin Williams. At a 1979 home win, the actor showed up in boots and a glittering mini-skirt. With pom-poms waving, Williams rallied 74,000 fans as Mork—his extraterrestrial character on ABC’s popular sitcom Mork & Mindy. Fourteen days later, footage from the stunt appeared in a season two episode.

Random Quote of the Day

Everyone is a genius at least once a year. The real geniuses simply have their bright ideas closer together.

—Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

This Month in Broncos History

March 20, 2012 - Denver signs #18, quarterback Peyton Manning.

March 16, 2014 - The Broncos sign WR Emmanuel Sanders from the Steelers. A No. 3 receiver in Pittsburgh, Sanders makes a successful transition to an every-down role and in 2014 smashes every previous career standard he had set while making his first Pro Bowl.

Upcoming Team Events

Today’s Trivia

Name an aspect in Broncos history where we are either leading by (or some die hards might say losing by) 15 to 0.

Comment

• day 2.....

Comment

day 2.....
                              I think people missed this in all of the Free Agency fiasco yesterday.

I’m going to go with the Tim Tebow led comeback win against the Dolphins.

Where we were down 15-0 in the fourth quarter and had them right where we wanted them. And tied it up and won in OT.

I’m also realizing you may be referring to a statistic rather than a game. In which case I have no idea.
                              Last edited by DenverBlood; 03-14-2018, 10:03 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

I think people missed this in all of the Free Agency fiasco yesterday.

I’m going to go with the Tim Tebow led comeback win against the Dolphins.

Where we were down 15-0 in the fourth quarter and had them right where we wanted them. And tied it up and won in OT.

I’m also realizing you may be referring to a statistic rather than a game. In which case I have no idea.
                                Good guess pal, but no cigar. Sometimes the answers we hear are better than ours!!!

:thumb:

Comment

Working...
                                X