Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bronco Daily Fun Facts And Trivia

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    Today's Trivia......

    Random Fact of the Day

    Who was the first male cheerleader in Denver Broncos history? Robin Williams. At a 1979 home win, the actor showed up in boots and a glittering mini-skirt. With pom-poms waving, Williams rallied 74,000 fans as Mork—his extraterrestrial character on ABC’s popular sitcom Mork & Mindy. Fourteen days later, footage from the stunt appeared in a season two episode.

    Random Quote of the Day

    Everyone is a genius at least once a year. The real geniuses simply have their bright ideas closer together.

    —Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

    This Month in Broncos History

    March 20, 2012 - Denver signs #18, quarterback Peyton Manning.

    March 16, 2014 - The Broncos sign WR Emmanuel Sanders from the Steelers. A No. 3 receiver in Pittsburgh, Sanders makes a successful transition to an every-down role and in 2014 smashes every previous career standard he had set while making his first Pro Bowl.



    Upcoming Team Events

    March 12-14: During the period beginning at noon ET, on March 12th and ending at 3:59:59 p.m ET, on March 14th, clubs are permitted to contact, and enter into contract negotiations with, the certified agents of players who will become Unrestricted Free Agents upon the expiration of their 2017 player contracts at 4 p.m. ET, on March 14.

    March 14: The 2018 League Year and Free Agency period begin at 4 p.m. ET. The first day of the 2018 League Year will end at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on March 14.

    March 14: Trading period for 2018 begins at 4 p.m. ET, after expiration of all 2017 contracts.

    Today’s Trivia

    Name an aspect in Broncos history where we are either leading by (or some die hards might say losing by) 15 to 0.
    The Superbowl loss to SEA?
    "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

    Comment


    • Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
      The Superbowl loss to SEA?
      Sorry HC....keep trying!!:thumb:

      Comment


      • Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
        The Superbowl loss to SEA?
        I don’t think he is referring to a game. I think he is referring to some statistic where we have 15 more than someone else. But it’s not a statistic you want to be leading in. Just my guess.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
          I don’t think he is referring to a game. I think he is referring to some statistic where we have 15 more than someone else. But it’s not a statistic you want to be leading in. Just my guess.
          You're a bit warmer (not a game)....want to say more but lets see where this goes.

          Comment


          • New info.....

            Today's trivia:

            Name an aspect in Broncos history where we are either leading by (or some die hards might say losing by) 15 to 0. Think eras.

            Comment


            • D, this thing looks headed to 'unsolvables,' where it can properly age as a good vintage trivia, and accrue cp interest. :thumb:
              To infinity...and beyond.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
                D, this thing looks headed to 'unsolvables,' where it can properly age as a good vintage trivia, and accrue cp interest. :thumb:
                Could be another one Gman.

                WTH......I'll add this. Think about the entire history of this organization...more than one phase to it.

                Comment


                • I don’t mean to complain and I greatly appreciate you two revamping this thread. But i feel like the current trivia question is much to vague. And even the clue didn’t really help one bit. At least not me anyway. I feel like it’s searching for a needle in a haystack if it’s not pertaining to a game score. It could be anything.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                    I don’t mean to complain and I greatly appreciate you two revamping this thread. But i feel like the current trivia question is much to vague. And even the clue didn’t really help one bit. At least not me anyway. I feel like it’s searching for a needle in a haystack if it’s not pertaining to a game score. It could be anything.
                    Sorry DB. When creating these questions there is a whole lot of grey area. If it is too easy, the first person who sees it, or googles it, will put a quick end to it. If too hard, it makes folks think way too hard. Even with the clues, we do not want to give it away. We are basically feeling this thing out. So yes, maybe I messed up. But if I may ask for your patience while we find our sweet spot.

                    I think in time, if more folks take guesses, it too will help, because we can home in quicker into what's close and what's not.

                    So here's another clue.....

                    Think Denver Broncos - AFL and NFL.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                      Sorry DB. When creating these questions there is a whole lot of grey area. If it is too easy, the first person who sees it, or googles it, will put a quick end to it. If too hard, it makes folks think way too hard. Even with the clues, we do not want to give it away. We are basically feeling this thing out. So yes, maybe I messed up. But if I may ask for your patience while we find our sweet spot.

                      I think in time, if more folks take guesses, it too will help, because we can home in quicker into what's close and what's not.

                      So here's another clue.....

                      Think Denver Broncos - AFL and NFL.
                      Yeah, that really helps I LOVED the easy questions, these I dread
                      "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                        Sorry DB. When creating these questions there is a whole lot of grey area. If it is too easy, the first person who sees it, or googles it, will put a quick end to it. If too hard, it makes folks think way too hard. Even with the clues, we do not want to give it away. We are basically feeling this thing out. So yes, maybe I messed up. But if I may ask for your patience while we find our sweet spot.

                        I think in time, if more folks take guesses, it too will help, because we can home in quicker into what's close and what's not.

                        So here's another clue.....

                        Think Denver Broncos - AFL and NFL.
                        Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                        Yeah, that really helps I LOVED the easy questions, these I dread
                        I absolutely don’t want easy to solve in seconds questions. They should make you think a little. But they shouldn’t be so vague that no one has a clue what the subject is other than it somehow pertains to the Broncos.

                        I will say I thought the Pro Bowl one was hard but FL Bronco got it pretty fast. So just because it’s hard for me doesn’t mean it’s hard for everyone. But when the trivia is now constantly taking days for posters to solve I think perhaps the issue is in the trivia.

                        Perhaps the reason more guesses aren’t being taken is because no one has a clue what to guess.

                        Again I apologize for the criticism. I do greatly appreciate the thread being rebooted. I just hope you take this as constructive criticism and not personally.


                        In Can and Lumiers defense the HC from several organizations was not a super difficult question. It just involves hundreds to potentially thousands of people who came through the Broncos organization. And the Coaching clue helped narrow it down.
                        Last edited by DenverBlood; 03-16-2018, 12:12 PM.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • What two people associated with the Broncos previously played for the same team where they both had the same number and nickname? Who are they and what was the number and nickname they shared?
                          Last edited by lvbronx; 03-16-2018, 01:21 PM.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                            In Can and Lumiers defense the HC from several organizations was not a super difficult question. It just involves hundreds to potentially thousands of people who came through the Broncos organization. And the Coaching clue helped narrow it down.
                            It’s definitely not an exact science. The ideal trivia question is engaging, thought provoking, and moderately difficult to solve. Being that the winner will almost always receive cp as a prize, it’s kind of a throwaway to make the question really easy. But then again…strategy can be anything. A super easy question can be won by whomever happens to be online and be the first correct responder (like a radio station prize). Gnarly hard trivia can stick around for a bit longer.

                            Sometimes the questions contain things that can be googled with some Sherlock Holmes style sleuthing. For example, the Ray Malavasi trivia…had I stated “Australia” as opposed to “Southern Hemisphere,” you could simply Google “Denver Broncos Rams Raiders Australia” and his name is the first thing to pop up. But of all the places in the Southern Hemisphere where American Football is played, Australia is generally the most popular and the first country to pop up if that search is queried on Google. The question in its original form wasn’t impossible to solve…just tricky.

                            We’ll do our best to mix things up…not too easy not too hard. It’s all in good fun. :thumb:
                            To infinity...and beyond.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                              New info.....

                              Today's trivia:

                              Name an aspect in Broncos history where we are either leading by (or some die hards might say losing by) 15 to 0. Think eras.
                              ANOTHER CLUE.....

                              Compare the AFL Broncos vs The NFL Broncos.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                                ANOTHER CLUE.....

                                Compare the AFL Broncos vs The NFL Broncos.
                                Denver Broncos have 15 Division titles compared to 0 division titles in the AFL?
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X