X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
    Tom nalen for most games played as a Bronco
    WINNER!!!

Tom Nalen was drafted by the Denver Broncos with the 218th overall pick in the seventh round of the 1994 NFL Draft and played primarily at center. He won two Super Bowls as a member of the Broncos and played in five Pro Bowls. Six different running backs have had 1,000-yard rushing seasons behind Nalen and the Broncos' offensive line.

Nalen finished 3rd on the list of Broncos for games played, with 194 (behind Elam - 263, and Elway - 234).. He started 188 of them.

Comment

• Today’s trivia...........

Random fact of the day

Denver’s current mayor is an ex-Broncos mascot. In the 1980s, the NFL decided to come out with a series of characters, called Huddles, that represented each team. Denver’s anthropomorphic pony was played by 17-year-old Michael Hancock; he was paid $25 per game.

Random quote of the day

Before I got married I had six theories about bringing up children; now I have six children and no theories.

—John Wilmot

This month in Broncos history

April 27, 1983 - Karl Mecklenburg is drafted out of Minnesota in the 12th round (310 overall) of the draft by the Denver Broncos.

April 23, 1990 - Shannon Sharpe is drafted out of Savannah State in the seventh round (192 overall) of the draft by the Denver Broncos. “You won’t regret picking me,” Shannon says.

Upcoming team events

April 16 - Clubs with returning head coaches may begin offseason workout programs. It'll be the Broncos first chance to work with their newly-signed free agents and returning players.
      April 20 - Deadline for restricted free agents to sign offer sheets.
      April 26-28 The 2018 NFL Draft is held at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, TX.

Today’s trivia

This back ran for an 82 yard touchdown. What's the significance, who was he and in what year did he make the gallop?

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
        Today’s trivia...........

Random fact of the day

Denver’s current mayor is an ex-Broncos mascot. In the 1980s, the NFL decided to come out with a series of characters, called Huddles, that represented each team. Denver’s anthropomorphic pony was played by 17-year-old Michael Hancock; he was paid $25 per game.

Random quote of the day

Before I got married I had six theories about bringing up children; now I have six children and no theories.

—John Wilmot

This month in Broncos history

April 27, 1983 - Karl Mecklenburg is drafted out of Minnesota in the 12th round (310 overall) of the draft by the Denver Broncos.

April 23, 1990 - Shannon Sharpe is drafted out of Savannah State in the seventh round (192 overall) of the draft by the Denver Broncos. “You won’t regret picking me,” Shannon says.

Upcoming team events

April 16 - Clubs with returning head coaches may begin offseason workout programs. It'll be the Broncos first chance to work with their newly-signed free agents and returning players.
        April 20 - Deadline for restricted free agents to sign offer sheets.
        April 26-28 The 2018 NFL Draft is held at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, TX.

Today’s trivia

This back ran for an 82 yard touchdown. What's the significance, who was he and in what year did he make the gallop?
        On Oct 5 1962 Gene Mingo ran for an 82 yard TD against our friends the Raiders.... it is still the longest TD run in franchise history
        sigpic

Comment

On Oct 5 1962 Gene Mingo ran for an 82 yard TD against our friends the Raiders.... it is still the longest TD run in franchise history
          WINNER (AGAIN)! (cps to come later)

In 1960, Mingo had the first punt return for a touchdown in the American Football League, for the Denver Broncos. That touchdown won the first-ever American Football League game, as the Broncos defeated the Boston Patriots. Mingo also scored the first points in Mile High Stadium, then called Bears Stadium, with an 18-yard field goal. In the 1961 season opener at War Memorial Stadium against the Buffalo Bills, Mingo threw a touchdown pass, from the halfback position, to help the Broncos win 22-10: a 50-yarder to Lionel Taylor in the first quarter. Mingo kicked the PATs after each score. He led the American Football League in scoring as a rookie in 1960 with 123 points and in 1962 with 137 points. Mingo holds the Broncos' franchise record for the longest touchdown run, an 82-yarder against the Raiders in 1962. He also played for the Oakland Raiders, Miami Dolphins, Washington Redskins and Pittsburgh Steelers in a career than spanned from 1960-70.

Comment

• Been blanked for so long... feels good to actually get a couple.
            sigpic

Comment

Been blanked for so long... feels good to actually get a couple.
              I'll have another one this weekend....

Comment

• Ok one from me....

Who did the Broncos beat to win their first AFC championship to advance to their first Super Bowl?
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by eddiemac View Post
                  ok one from me....

Who did the broncos beat to win their first afc championship to advance to their first super bowl?
                  oakland, 20-17
                  "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• Well done,....
                    sigpic

Comment

• Quickie Question:

Which 2 teams have been the biggest playoff problem for The Broncos?

Comment

Quickie Question:

Which 2 teams have been the biggest playoff problem for The Broncos?
                        The Colts and the Ravens.
                        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                          The opposite of that: 2 teams we have beaten the most is:

Pittsburgh and New England

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                            Half right Sam! Try again.

Comment

• Originally posted by johntbronco View Post
                              The opposite of that: 2 teams we have beaten the most is:

Pittsburgh and New England
                              Interesting....but not my answer!

Comment

Interesting....but not my answer!
                                We lost to Indy Jan 2015, Jan 2005, Jan 2004, and Jan 2002 = 4
                                We lost to Pittsburgh Jan 2006, Dec 84 and Dec 78 =3 (We aslo beat them 4 times)

ravens we only lost twice Jan 2013 and Dec 2000
                                We lost to Seattle twice Feb 4th (superbowl) and Dec 83 when they were in our division

Comment

Working...
                                X