Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today’s trivia...........

Random fact of the day

The first quarterback to have a 3,000 yard passing season for the Denver Broncos was Frank Tripucka in the franchise’s first year in the pro football, 1960. It wouldn’t happen again for 21 years when Craig Morton passed the mark in 1981. These would be the only 3,000 yard seasons either Tripucka or Morton would ever have for the team.

Random quote of the day

Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.

—Will Rogers

This month in Broncos history

April 10, 1999 - Chinese Premier Zhu Rongji visits the Paul D. Bowlen Memorial Broncos Centre as part of a nine-day U.S. tour to promote trade with China.

April 23, 1995 - Terrell Davis is drafted out of Georgia in the sixth round (196 overall) of the draft by the Denver Broncos.

Upcoming team events

April 20 - Deadline for restricted free agents to sign offer sheets.

April 26-28 The 2018 NFL Draft is held at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, TX.

Today’s trivia

Which eventual star was selected by the Chicago Blitz in the 21st round of the USFL Draft, choosing The Broncos instead?

Comment

• Karl Mecklenburg
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
        Karl Mecklenburg
        WINNER!!! (DB....is this getting too easy now?! CPs to follow)

In 1983, the Denver Broncos drafted Karl Mecklenburg in the 12th round with the 310th pick overall. He was also selected by the Chicago Blitz in the 21st round of the USFL Draft. In spite of his low selections, Mecklenburg went on to become an integral part of the Broncos' Super Bowl teams of the 1980s. He played in six Pro Bowls. His 79.5 sacks is the second highest total in franchise history; he is one of only three Broncos with four sacks in a game, and the only one to do so twice. In 2001, during half time of a game against the Baltimore Ravens, he and Dennis Smith were inducted into the Denver Broncos Ring of Fame. He is also in the Colorado Sports Hall of Fame and serves on the Broncos Alumni Council.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
          WINNER!!! (DB....is this getting too easy now?! CPs to follow)

In 1983, the Denver Broncos drafted Karl Mecklenburg in the 12th round with the 310th pick overall. He was also selected by the Chicago Blitz in the 21st round of the USFL Draft. In spite of his low selections, Mecklenburg went on to become an integral part of the Broncos' Super Bowl teams of the 1980s. He played in six Pro Bowls. His 79.5 sacks is the second highest total in franchise history; he is one of only three Broncos with four sacks in a game, and the only one to do so twice. In 2001, during half time of a game against the Baltimore Ravens, he and Dennis Smith were inducted into the Denver Broncos Ring of Fame. He is also in the Colorado Sports Hall of Fame and serves on the Broncos Alumni Council.

Nope just one of my favorite childhood Broncos
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
            Nope just one of my favorite childhood Broncos
            I get it. If we are big fans of certain players, or teams, we tend to know more of the details. Good on you!:thumb:

Think I'll throw in another question shortly, just for fun.

Comment

• OK....(at least) one more trivia question till next week:

Of the eight original founding AFL teams, why are the Denver and Buffalo organizations different from the rest?

(ongoing note: if more than one good answer, I CP!)

Comment

OK....(at least) one more trivia question till next week:

Of the eight original founding AFL teams, why are the Denver and Buffalo organizations different from the rest?

(ongoing note: if more than one good answer, I CP!)
                They're the only 2, that never changed their name/moved?
                "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                  They're the only 2, that never changed their name/moved?

WINNER!!
                  (need to spread)

Of the eight original founding AFL teams, only the Denver Broncos and Buffalo Bills have never moved from their original city.

Comment

• Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                    One could make the argument that SEA & SF are DEN's biggest problems. The 2 largest SB blowouts IN HISTORY!
                    Not quite. Seattle beat us by 35, but the Bears beat the Pats by 36 pts in SBXX.

And Dallas beat Buffalo by 35 pts in SBXXVII.
                    Last edited by 80stheman; 04-19-2018, 03:11 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Today’s trivia...........

Random fact of the day

Before John Elway arrived in a trade with the Baltimore Colts, the Broncos had gone through more than 24 different starting quarterbacks in its 23 year history.

Random quote of the day

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.

—Kurt Vonnegut

April 10, 1966 - Former Broncos Defensive End Neil Smith was born. (running low on April dates!). This 6 time Pro Bowler, 2 time SB Champ with The Broncos was so impactful they even named a rule after him....in 1998 The Neil Smith rule was enacted, to prevent a defensive lineman from flinching to induce a false start on the offence.

Upcoming team events

Today’s trivia

This Bronco was briefly engaged to an eventual Senior Official of The US Federal Government.

Comment

Today’s trivia...........

Random fact of the day

Before John Elway arrived in a trade with the Baltimore Colts, the Broncos had gone through more than 24 different starting quarterbacks in its 23 year history.

Random quote of the day

—Kurt Vonnegut

April 10, 1966 - Former Broncos Defensive End Neil Smith was born. (running low on April dates!). This 6 time Pro Bowler, 2 time SB Champ with The Broncos was so impactful they even named a rule after him....in 1998 The Neil Smith rule was enacted, to prevent a defensive lineman from flinching to induce a false start on the offence.

Upcoming team events

Today’s trivia

This Bronco was briefly engaged to an eventual Senior Official of The US Federal Government.
                        Rick Upchurch => Condy Rice

Comment

• Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
                          Rick Upchurch => Condy Rice
                          => WINNER!!!

During the 1970s, Broncos’ wide receiver and punt returner Rick Upchurch was briefly engaged to future United States Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice.

Hmmm....now I see the problem.

Comment

• Question: John Elway threw 44 TD passes against this team, more than he threw against any other team in The NFL. Which team?

Comment

Question: John Elway threw 44 TD passes against this team, more than he threw against any other team in The NFL. Which team?
                              I would assume it would have to be a division rival so I'm just going to guess 1 of the 3 and if I'm wrong someone else can take a stab.

San Diego?
                              sigpic

Comment

Random quote of the day

—Kurt Vonnegut
                                I thought Stephen Wright said that.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X