• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Canmore
    Do. Do not...No Try!
    • May 2007

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    Here's the Back To The Future trivia question:

Who was the best Broncos draft pick taken in this year's draft, based on round taken and all other intangibles?

I will award points in a few years....or more....or soonafter answers are received, for fellow time travellers.
    Chubb or Freeman. Chubb is the easy answer since he never should have been available at pick number five. I like Royce Freeman though. This year we have a running game.
    sigpic

Adopted Bronco: Von Miller

Comment

• CanDB
      Football Immortal
      • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Canmore View Post
      Chubb or Freeman. Chubb is the easy answer since he never should have been available at pick number five. I like Royce Freeman though. This year we have a running game.
      If I say that you are correct, some folks might get anxious about my "powers", so lets just say I need a few years to assess.

Comment

• CanDB
        Football Immortal
        • Mar 2008

Today’s trivia...........

Random fact of the day

The Denver Broncos played thirteen years (1960-1972) before having their first winning season in 1973.

Random quote of the day

Some people like my advice so much that they frame it upon the wall instead of using it.
        —Gordon R. Dickson

This month in Broncos history

MAY 7, 1970 - Bobby Anderson is the first Broncos first-round pick since Floyd Little in 1967, and just the second to sign with the team in its 10-year history.

MAY 17, 2012 - Former wide receiver Rod Smith is selected as the 23rd member of the Denver Broncos Ring of Fame.

The Draft

Round 1, No. 5 overall: Bradley Chubb, DE, NC State

Round 2, No. 40: Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU
        Round 3, No. 71: Royce Freeman, RB, Oregon
        Round 3, No. 99: Isaac Yiadom, CB, Boston College
        Round 4, No. 106: Josey Jewell, LB, Iowa
        Round 4, No. 113, DaeSean Hamilton, WR, Penn State
        Round 5, No. 156, Troy Fumagalli, TE, Wisconsin
        Round 6, No. 183: Sam Jones, G/C, Arizona State
        Round 6, No. 217, Keishawn Bierria, LB, Washington
        Round 7, No. 226 overall: David Williams, RB, Arkansas

UFDAs (feel free to update if relevant)

WR Jimmy Williams, LB Jeff Holland, OL Leon Johnson, RB Phillip Lindsay, DT Lowell Lotulelei, DB Trey Marshall, OL Austin Schlottman, WR Jimmy Williams

Today’s trivia

Give an example of a Bronco who proved he could play O, D and Special Teams in a game.

Comment

• FL BRONCO
          Traveling Mod
          • Mar 2010

Random fact of the day

The Denver Broncos played thirteen years (1960-1972) before having their first winning season in 1973.

Random quote of the day

Some people like my advice so much that they frame it upon the wall instead of using it.
          —Gordon R. Dickson

MAY 7, 1970 - Bobby Anderson is the first Broncos first-round pick since Floyd Little in 1967, and just the second to sign with the team in its 10-year history.

MAY 17, 2012 - Former wide receiver Rod Smith is selected as the 23rd member of the Denver Broncos Ring of Fame.

The Draft

WR Jimmy Williams, LB Jeff Holland, OL Leon Johnson, RB Phillip Lindsay, DT Lowell Lotulelei, DB Trey Marshall, OL Austin Schlottman, WR Jimmy Williams

Today’s trivia

Give an example of a Bronco who proved he could play O, D and Special Teams in a game
          Mitch Unrein
          My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

• samparnell
            Soy Capitan Meshpoint
            • Nov 2007

Spencer Larsen at Atlanta 16 November 2008: Fullback, Linebacker and KO team.
            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• lvbronx
              Old School
              • Jul 2005

Random fact of the day

Random quote of the day

—Gordon R. Dickson

The Draft

Today’s trivia

Give an example of a Bronco who proved he could play O, D and Special Teams in a game.
              Dennis Smith. He'd play safety, on special teams and on offense on "Hail Mary" plays.

Comment

• CanDB
                Football Immortal
                • Mar 2008

Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
                Mitch Unrein
                I do not have him as my correct answer...can you provide specifics of a game situation? Thx!

Comment

• CanDB
                  Football Immortal
                  • Mar 2008

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                  Spencer Larsen at Atlanta 16 November 2008: Fullback, Linebacker and KO team.
                  WINNER!!!

On November 16, 2008, in a Broncos 24-20 road win over the Atlanta Falcons, Spencer Larsen became the first NFL player since 2003 (and only the fourth since 1990) to start a game on both offense (fullback) and defense (linebacker). The positions fullback and linebacker both involve considerably more contact than the wide receiver / cornerback positions played by other modern two-way players such as Troy Brown, Deion Sanders, Julian Edelman, and Champ Bailey. He also played on special teams during the game, including the opening kickoff. Larsen earned Diet Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Week honors for the first time in his career for his performance against the Falcons.

Comment

• CanDB
                    Football Immortal
                    • Mar 2008

Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
                    Dennis Smith. He'd play safety, on special teams and on offense on "Hail Mary" plays.
                    Again, not the answer I had...but if you can provide specifics on a game situation where he played all 3 facets of the game, I'll definitely listen!

Comment

• Peanut
                      ModNut
                      • Jan 2007

I seriously would like that! As you know, I am not the reason for this thread continuing. I said I'd partner with my pal Lum, but he is extremely busy these days, so I am trying to keep this flame alive. And to be honest, it is challenging finding great questions, those that one can not easily find online. It was much easier asking trivia questions back in the day, when most answers were from a person's memory rather than via google or whatever.

I've actually been a little vague at times with certain questions, because I feel the questions would be too easy to solve otherwise. My thinking is, if people guess I can at least gauge what clues to provide, to make it fairer.

So sure...if you send 'em, I will gladly accept them. If I do not use them, please understand.

Dave
                      I have not forgotten. Just can't find anything good, yet.
                      Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• FL BRONCO
                        Traveling Mod
                        • Mar 2010

I do not have him as my correct answer...can you provide specifics of a game situation? Thx!
                        My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

• CanDB
                          Football Immortal
                          • Mar 2008

Not sure if he covered all 3 facets of the game...within 1 specific game, but his versatility is worth a pat on the back (from me to you)!:thumb:

CPs included.

Comment

• Lumiere
                            All-Time Great
                            • Jan 2011

I seriously would like that! As you know, I am not the reason for this thread continuing. I said I'd partner with my pal Lum, but he is extremely busy these days, so I am trying to keep this flame alive. And to be honest, it is challenging finding great questions, those that one can not easily find online. It was much easier asking trivia questions back in the day, when most answers were from a person's memory rather than via google or whatever.

I've actually been a little vague at times with certain questions, because I feel the questions would be too easy to solve otherwise. My thinking is, if people guess I can at least gauge what clues to provide, to make it fairer.

So sure...if you send 'em, I will gladly accept them. If I do not use them, please understand.

Dave
                            Sorry, D. Bit by bit…things are moving forward. Hopefully when TC starts, I’ll be at Dove Valley and back in the saddle.

Here’s a lightning round trivia (with a side of mayo) ~

This wide receiver was serving up the fixings at a sammich shop, on the ultimate comeback route, just one year before being signed to Denver’s 53 man roster.
                            To infinity...and beyond.

Comment

• CanDB
                              Football Immortal
                              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
                              Sorry, D. Bit by bit…things are moving forward. Hopefully when TC starts, I’ll be at Dove Valley and back in the saddle.

Here’s a lightning round trivia (with a side of mayo) ~

This wide receiver was serving up the fixings at a sammich shop, on the ultimate comeback route, just one year before being signed to Denver’s 53 man roster.
                              Good to hear from you pal!

Comment

• Lumiere
                                All-Time Great
                                • Jan 2011

Good to hear from you pal!

:thumb:

To infinity...and beyond.

Comment

Working...
                                X