X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
    Lionel Taylor?
    WINNER!!!

Lionel Taylor first played eight games as a linebacker with the Chicago Bears of the National Football League before moving to the Denver Broncos of the AFL for the 1960 season. With the Broncos, he switched positions and became a receiver. Third in all-time receptions (543) and receiving yards (6,872) for the Denver Broncos, Taylor was the Broncos' team MVP in 1963, 1964 and 1965, and an AFL All-Star in 1961, 1962 and 1965. An original Bronco, Taylor was part of the team's inaugural Ring of Fame class in 1984. Along with Lance Alworth, Charlie Hennigan and Sid Blanks, he shares the record for most receptions in one game with 13, doing so against the Oakland Raiders on November 29, 1964.

Taylor was the first professional football receiver ever to make 100 catches in a single season, accomplishing the feat in only 14 games (1961). He had four seasons with over 1,000 yards receiving, and averaged 84.7 catches per year from 1960 to 1965, then the highest six-year total in professional football history. As of 2017, his 102.9 yards per game in 1960 remains a Broncos franchise record. Taylor completed his career with the Houston Oilers in 1967 and 1968.

After his playing career, Taylor went into a long career as a coach. He was an assistant coach for the Super Bowl championship teams of the Pittsburgh Steelers in the 1970s.

Comment

• Question:

Who is this Bronco who had a 7 year career in The NFL, and recorded 10 of his 24 career sacks as a rookie?

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
        Question:

Who is this Bronco who had a 7 year career in The NFL, and recorded 10 of his 24 career sacks as a rookie?
        Mike Croel

10 sacks in 1991 with 24 career

1991-1998 1st 4 years with the Broncos

Comment

• Originally posted by johntbronco View Post
          Mike Croel

10 sacks in 1991 with 24 career

1991-1998 1st 4 years with the Broncos
          WINNER!!! (must spread CPs around....)

In a seven-year NFL career, Mike Croel played for the Denver Broncos, New York Giants, Baltimore Ravens and Seattle Seahawks of the NFL and the Los Angeles Xtreme of the XFL.

Croel was selected by the Broncos in the first round of the 1991 NFL Draft. In 1991, he was chosen as the NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year and the UPI AFL-AFC Rookie of the Year award. In that same rookie year, Croel recorded ten sacks, his single-season high. In 101 career games, Croel scored one touchdown, recorded 24.0 sacks, two interceptions and 38 yards.

Comment

• I like these trivia questions. Can I add some when I have the time?
            :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
              I like these trivia questions. Can I add some when I have the time?
              You certainly can! I was mistaken a while back, not knowing the history of this thread, and how anyone can contribute.

I like it......I can try to solve them too!:thumb:

Comment

• Today’s trivia...........

Random Fact of the Day

The first former Broncos player elected to the Hall-of-Fame was Cornerback Willie Brown who played with the team for four seasons (1963-1966).

Random Quote of the Day

Some people like my advice so much that they frame it upon the wall instead of using it.

—Gordon R. Dickson

This Month in Broncos History

May 7, 2012 - The Broncos and General Manager Brian Xanders part ways.

May 17, 2012 - Former wide receiver Rod Smith is selected as the 23rd member of the Denver Broncos Ring of Fame.

The Draft

Round 1, No. 5 overall: Bradley Chubb, DE, NC State
                Round 2, No. 40: Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU
                Round 3, No. 71: Royce Freeman, RB, Oregon

Round 3, No. 99: Isaac Yiadom, CB, Boston College
                Round 4, No. 106: Josey Jewell, LB, Iowa
                Round 4, No. 113, DaeSean Hamilton, WR, Penn State
                Round 5, No. 156, Troy Fumagalli, TE, Wisconsin
                Round 6, No. 183: Sam Jones, G/C, Arizona State
                Round 6, No. 217, Keishawn Bierria, LB, Washington
                Round 7, No. 226 overall: David Williams, RB, Arkansas

UFDAs (feel free to update if relevant)

WR Jimmy Williams, LB Jeff Holland, OL Leon Johnson, RB Phillip Lindsay, DB Trey Marshall, OL Austin Schlottman, WR Jimmy Williams

Today’s trivia

Despite losing their last 10 games, The Broncos had the Rookie of The Year. What year and who was the player?

Comment

Today’s trivia...........

Random Fact of the Day

The first former Broncos player elected to the Hall-of-Fame was Cornerback Willie Brown who played with the team for four seasons (1963-1966).

Random Quote of the Day

Some people like my advice so much that they frame it upon the wall instead of using it.

—Gordon R. Dickson

This Month in Broncos History

May 7, 2012 - The Broncos and General Manager Brian Xanders part ways.

May 17, 2012 - Former wide receiver Rod Smith is selected as the 23rd member of the Denver Broncos Ring of Fame.

The Draft

Round 1, No. 5 overall: Bradley Chubb, DE, NC State
                  Round 2, No. 40: Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU
                  Round 3, No. 71: Royce Freeman, RB, Oregon

Round 3, No. 99: Isaac Yiadom, CB, Boston College
                  Round 4, No. 106: Josey Jewell, LB, Iowa
                  Round 4, No. 113, DaeSean Hamilton, WR, Penn State
                  Round 5, No. 156, Troy Fumagalli, TE, Wisconsin
                  Round 6, No. 183: Sam Jones, G/C, Arizona State
                  Round 6, No. 217, Keishawn Bierria, LB, Washington
                  Round 7, No. 226 overall: David Williams, RB, Arkansas

UFDAs (feel free to update if relevant)

WR Jimmy Williams, LB Jeff Holland, OL Leon Johnson, RB Phillip Lindsay, DB Trey Marshall, OL Austin Schlottman, WR Jimmy Williams

Today’s trivia

Despite losing their last 10 games, The Broncos had the Rookie of The Year. What year and who was the player?
                  I'll guess Floyd Little 1967.

Comment

• Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
                    I'll guess Floyd Little 1967.
                    Good guess but not the winner. Mel Farr and Lem Barney were the Rookies of The Year in '67.

Comment

• CLUE: The player was on O.

Comment

• FB Billy Joe, 1963?
                        2014/2015 Adopt-A-Bronco : TJ Ward - GO DUCKS!

Comment

• Originally posted by ChupaThingy View Post
                          FB Billy Joe, 1963?
                          WINNER!!!

After finishing just 7-7 in 1962, the Broncos were looking to fill a need for a strong running back when they used their 11th round pick in the 1963 AFL Draft on a 6’2″, 235-lb. running back from Villanova named Billy Joe.

Billy Joe and veteran receiver, Lionel Taylor, were the Broncos main offensive weapons in 1963. From the Broncos backfield, Joe had 646 yards on 154 carries for a 4.2 average, and four rushing touchdowns. He also had 15 receptions for 90 yards and a touchdown catch. At the end of the season, Joe edged out the Chargers defensive back, Dick Westmoreland, as the AFL Rookie of the Year.

Despite the addition of Billy Joe to their offense, the Broncos put together a dismal 2-11-1 record in 1963. Joe’s second season in Denver ended with an identical 2-11-1 record, and in early 1965 he was traded to the Buffalo Bills for enigmatic running back, Cookie Gilchrist.

Comment

• Relative to the 2013 season, what unflattering distinction came the way of Aaron Brewer?

Comment

Relative to the 2013 season, what unflattering distinction came the way of Aaron Brewer?
                              He got a 39 on Madden and was dubbed "The Worst Player In the NFL"?
                              "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                                He got a 39 on Madden and was dubbed "The Worst Player In the NFL"?
                                WINNER! (I must spread around)

On May 3, 2012, Brewer signed with the Denver Broncos as an undrafted free agent. Brewer was the long snapper for Matt Prater’s NFL record 64-yard field goal on December 8, 2013.

Unfortunately, Brewer was the lowest rated player in the 2013 edition of Madden Football.

On March 8, 2016, the Broncos released Brewer along with tight end Owen Daniels and right guard Louis Vasquez.

Comment

Working...
                                X