Clear All

• Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    How about Ray Crockett
    Nope Not Ray.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
      Willie Middlebrooks?

Obviously I'm kidding with that. How about Louis Wright?
      Uuuuuuuh.....nope

Comment

• i'll throw out the guess, Rodgers-Cromartie
        sigpic
        Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 :nono: to every player he covers
        Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
        Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
        Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton

Comment

• I am wondering if this is a QB NOT a DB
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post
            i'll throw out the guess, Rodgers-Cromartie

Nope..........

Comment

• Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
              I am wondering if this is a QB NOT a DB
              Lol, I assure you it is a defensive player.

Comment

• Do you all want another hint or should I wait a bit?

Comment

• Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
                  I was a Denver Bronco. When my Topps card was released it WRONGLY stated I had 11 interceptions in a previous year.

Who am I?
                  New Clue — My very first interception of my career came against the Patriots.
                  Last edited by FL BRONCO; 06-14-2018, 06:40 AM.

Comment

• Goose Gonsoulin would be my next guess

Adopted Broncos:
                    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                    Adopted posters:
                    Everyone

Comment

• Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
                      New Clue — My very first interception of my career came against the Patriots.
                      Goose Gonsoulin
                      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
                        Goose Gonsoulin would be my next guess
                        Sorry took me a while, work is a pia. It really interferes with the important stuff.

Anyway, Ding...Ding...ding... we have a winner.

I thought that clue might give it away. I was gonna go with he was a Texan for a short time but figured that might give it away just the same.

Austin William "Goose" Gonsoulin (June 7, 1938 – September 8, 2014) was an American football player. He played professionally as a safety in the American Football League (AFL) for the Denver Broncos and in the National Football League (NFL) for the San Francisco 49ers. Gonsoulin played college football at Baylor University.

At the end of his stint with the Broncos, he was the AFL's all-time leader in interceptions with 40. He made the first interception ever in the AFL, in the first league game against the Boston Patriots. He had seven interceptions in his first three games, and his 11 pickoffs in 1960 are still a Denver club record. He shares the team record for interceptions in a game with four, a feat he accomplished September 18, 1960 at Buffalo.

Gonsoulin was a Sporting News AFL All-League player in 1960, 1962, and 1963, and an AFL Western Division All-Star in 1961, 1964 and 1966. His amazing durability and toughness enabled him to start 61 consecutive games at one point in his career. He was also the captain of his college team at Baylor. Gonsoulin was selected to the second unit of the American Football League All-Time Team.

the above is straight out of wikipedia.

He was originally drafted by the Dallas Texans but was traded to the Broncos in their first trade ever and started his first professional game as a Bronco. In that game he made his first interception vs the Patriots and it was also the first ever interception in the league.

At the end of his stint with the Broncos, he was the AFL's all-time leader in interceptions with 40

He is Original member of the Broncos and he had 11 interceptions in his rookie season.

He is a member of the Ring of Fame.

When Goose's 1965 nfl topps card came out it incorrectly said he had 11 interceptions in 1962. In 1962 he had 7 interceptions. In his rookie season 1960 he had 11.

I could not find a pic of the card that was not on a sales sight and I sure don't want to break the rules.

But you can easily find the the pic of the card by typing in the info on such sights as Ebay.

Nice going Birdman and nice runner up to Sam.

Comment

• I'll post the next question, if no one objects. What quarterback has the most passing yards in a single game for the Broncos?
                          "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• Jake Plumber

Comment

• Oops it's Jake Plummer. 499 passing yards against the Falcons 2004.

Comment

• Originally posted by DiehardDBF View Post
                                Oops it's Jake Plummer. 499 passing yards against the Falcons 2004.
                                Correct. I never thought that I'd have to say this, but I have to spread around
                                "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Working...
                                X