Bronco Daily Fun Facts And Trivia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Initially I saw your random fact and was sure that Tom Brady has beaten every team, but then I realized that he'd only have beaten 31 teams. Drew Brees has the chance to join Manning and Favre this year if he can beat the Ravens.

To add to it, only 4 QBs have beaten every team but their own: John Elway, Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger and Aaron Rodgers.
    i take it by every team but there own thats not including teams past there time. IE John elway never played when the texans where a thing. so i don't think he could have beat them
    sigpic
    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
      i take it by every team but there own thats not including teams past there time. IE John elway never played when the texans where a thing. so i don't think he could have beat them
      That's right, every team in existence when they played. Elway would have never beaten the new Browns and the Texans. Although since the new Browns kept the old Browns history you could argue that he beat them.

Comment

• I'll add a clue tomorrow if no one guesses the answer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
          That's right, every team in existence when they played. Elway would have never beaten the new Browns and the Texans. Although since the new Browns kept the old Browns history you could argue that he beat them.
          He beat the browns and he beat the Ravens as the Ravens in 1996. I am kinda surprised Marino not on the list.
          sigpic
          oakland raders gm
          latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• Ha ha....my random fact is more interesting than the trivia question!

Okay then....

RANDOM CLUE:

The emergency role was linked to our SB back to backers.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
              Ha ha....my random fact is more interesting than the trivia question!

Okay then....

RANDOM CLUE:

The emergency role was linked to our SB back to backers.
              Anything to do with Howard Griffith spelling TD due to migraines?
              sigpic

Comment

• Let's go with Rod Smith at qb
                My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                  Anything to do with Howard Griffith spelling TD due to migraines?
                  Sorry DB.....good try!

Comment

• Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
                    Let's go with Rod Smith at qb
                    WINNER!!!

Rod Smith was not only a great Wide Receiver, but he also served as the emergency Quarterback in Denver's back to back Super Bowl championships (97 and 98). Fortunately, The Broncos had John Elway to handle business in both those games! In the Broncos' 34–19 win in Super Bowl XXXIII, Smith had 5 receptions for 152 yards, tied for 5th most in Super Bowl history. His 80 yard TD reception put the dagger in any hopes of The Falcons.

He played 13 seasons and had 849 career receptions and 11,389 receiving yards. Smith was the first undrafted player to reach 10,000 receiving yards.

This Ring of Famer made 3 Pro Bowl appearances and was selected to 2 All Pro second teams.

Comment

• Random fact of the day

Elway’s come-from-behind victory in the 1986-'87 AFC championship game—a.k.a. “The Drive”—is one of the greatest wins in franchise history. That day, the visiting Broncos beat the Cleveland Browns, whose fans had tried to keep Denver’s players awake the night before by driving around the squad’s hotel and honking.

Random quote of the day

"I don't care about money. I don't care about, 'Oh, you are a superstar. You are a celebrity.' To me, all that is crap, I just care about winning." - Rod Smith

This month in Broncos history

July 24, 1987 - Safety Steve Foley announces his retirement. “I first thought about retirement after the Super Bowl,” Foley said. “I decided not to make any decisions hastily. I decided to let it go and see if the desire to come back was really there. It wasn’t.”

Initial Schedule​

Sat, Aug. 11 vs Minnesota​
                      Sat, Aug. 18 vs Chicago​
                      Fri, Aug. 24 @ Washington​
                      Thu, Aug. 30 @ Arizona​
                      Season Opener​
                      Sun, Sep. 9 vs Seattle​

The Draft​

Round 1, No. 5 overall: Bradley Chubb, DE, NC State​
                      Round 2, No. 40: Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU​
                      Round 3, No. 71: Royce Freeman, RB, Oregon​
                      Round 3, No. 99: Isaac Yiadom, CB, Boston College​
                      Round 4, No. 106: Josey Jewell, LB, Iowa​
                      Round 4, No. 113, DaeSean Hamilton, WR, Penn State​
                      Round 5, No. 156, Troy Fumagalli, TE, Wisconsin​
                      Round 6, No. 183: Sam Jones, G/C, Arizona State​
                      Round 6, No. 217, Keishawn Bierria, LB, Washington​
                      Round 7, No. 226 overall: David Williams, RB, Arkansas​

Today’s trivia

I was drafted in the seventh round by the Redskins, and in the two years I was here, I quarterbacked 14 games for the Broncos as a backup. I had an average rating of 91.9.

Prior to joining the Broncos, I suffered a notable infamy during a Sunday Night Football game.
                      To infinity...and beyond.

Comment

• Gus Frerotte!
                        :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                        sigpic

Comment

• He headbutted the goalpost.
                          :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
                            Gus Frerotte!
                            Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
                            He headbutted the goalpost.
                            Correct, and correctamundo! Housh for the win!

Gus Frerotte ~

In 2000, Gus was a backup for the Denver Broncos. After Brian Griese was injured, he led the Broncos to the playoffs. The team lost in the opening round to the eventual Super Bowl champion Baltimore Ravens. He remained the Broncos' backup until the 2001 NFL season was over.

Playing in 10 games (6 starts) subbing for the injured Griese, Frerotte lead Denver to four wins in his six starts, finishing the season with a 59.8% completion percentage (2nd best of career in a season with 6 or more starts), passing for 1,776 yards with nine touchdowns and eight interceptions. Frerotte finished 4th in the league in Average Yards Per Pass Completion (12.9) and 10th in Average Yards Per Pass Attempt (6.88).

Among his more notable performances, Frerotte quarterbacked a wild 38-37 win over Division Rival San Diego on November 19, overcoming 4 interceptions and a lost fumble by passing for a career-high 462 yards and 5 Touchdowns. He was far more efficient in wins over New Orleans on 12/03/00 (11 completions in 16 attempts for 201 yards, 1 touchdown and 0 interceptions) and in the regular season finale vs San Francisco on 12/23/00 (18 completions in 29 attempts for 205 yards, 1 touchdown and 0 interceptions). At one stretch Denver scored at least 38 points in three consecutive games with Frerotte starting at quarterback (11/19/00 vs San Diego, 11/25/00 vs Seattle, 12/03/00 vs New Orleans).

However, Frerotte is primarily remembered for spraining his neck by ramming his head into a padded cement wall during the Sunday night November 23, 1997 Giants vs. Redskins game at Jack Kent Cooke Stadium, in a touchdown celebration in a 7-7 tie.

To infinity...and beyond.

Comment

• OMG! I will post next week....which means we will be in or just before August. (Trivia of no real value: My fav months are August/September!!).

Which also means we are just one month away from the regular season!

This is just another of the many, many posts in Can's "Trivial" world....

Comment

• Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
                                Correct, and correctamundo! Housh for the win!

Gus Frerotte ~

In 2000, Gus was a backup for the Denver Broncos. After Brian Griese was injured, he led the Broncos to the playoffs. The team lost in the opening round to the eventual Super Bowl champion Baltimore Ravens. He remained the Broncos' backup until the 2001 NFL season was over.

Playing in 10 games (6 starts) subbing for the injured Griese, Frerotte lead Denver to four wins in his six starts, finishing the season with a 59.8% completion percentage (2nd best of career in a season with 6 or more starts), passing for 1,776 yards with nine touchdowns and eight interceptions. Frerotte finished 4th in the league in Average Yards Per Pass Completion (12.9) and 10th in Average Yards Per Pass Attempt (6.88).

Among his more notable performances, Frerotte quarterbacked a wild 38-37 win over Division Rival San Diego on November 19, overcoming 4 interceptions and a lost fumble by passing for a career-high 462 yards and 5 Touchdowns. He was far more efficient in wins over New Orleans on 12/03/00 (11 completions in 16 attempts for 201 yards, 1 touchdown and 0 interceptions) and in the regular season finale vs San Francisco on 12/23/00 (18 completions in 29 attempts for 205 yards, 1 touchdown and 0 interceptions). At one stretch Denver scored at least 38 points in three consecutive games with Frerotte starting at quarterback (11/19/00 vs San Diego, 11/25/00 vs Seattle, 12/03/00 vs New Orleans).

However, Frerotte is primarily remembered for spraining his neck by ramming his head into a padded cement wall during the Sunday night November 23, 1997 Giants vs. Redskins game at Jack Kent Cooke Stadium, in a touchdown celebration in a 7-7 tie.

loved the trivia today - first one in a long time I would have gotten without trying to google. I like Frerotte.... I liked him better than Griese myself .... he went through several trades. I remember him playing well with Moss and the vikings for a little while too....

Oh and I'll never forget that playoff game he led us to ... but also because of Sharpe and the ravens ... everytime Sharpe made a huge play, he would run by Shannyhan to rub it in something hard, then what was it the next year or two he was back with Broncos
                                Last edited by Sophia23; 07-26-2018, 05:54 PM.
                                sigpic
                                Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 :nono: to every player he covers
                                Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
                                Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
                                Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton

Comment

Working...
                                X