Bronco Daily Fun Facts And Trivia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK...another quick one:

Who is the only Denver Bronco to be an All-Pro, but never a Pro-Bowler?

Comment

• John Mobley

Comment

• Originally posted by DiehardDBF View Post
        John Mobley
        WINNER!!!

John Ulysses Mobley was a first round draft pick who played eight seasons for the Denver Broncos from 1996 through 2003.

In Super Bowl XXXII, Mobley deflected a Brett Favre pass on 4th and 6 from the 31-yard-line with just over 30 seconds left in the game. The deflection sealed a 31-24 victory for the Broncos. ​

During his career, Mobley played in 105 career games, starting 102 of them, including two Super Bowls, during which he made 608 career tackles, 10.5 quarterback sacks, and five interceptions for 45 yards and a touchdown. ​

Mobley suffered a bruised spinal column during the 2003 season after he collided with his teammate Kelly Herndon in a game against the Baltimore Ravens, and the injury was severe enough that the Broncos cut him before the 2004 season in order to allow him time for recovery. He later re-signed with the Broncos and retired because of the injury. ​

Interestingly, Mobley was an All-Pro in 1997, but was never a Pro Bowler.​

Comment

• One more:

What was the good news and bad news about opening day in this new stadium?

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
            One more:

We're talking Broncos.

Comment

One more:

Well if we are talking opening day of the stadium not Broncos opening day then I would say the good news was the Eagles played. The bad news many complained about not being able to hear them

If we are talking Broncos opening day then
              My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

• Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
                Well if we are talking opening day of the stadium not Broncos opening day then I would say the good news was the Eagles played. The bad news many complained about not being able to hear them

If we are talking Broncos opening day then
                Note: it was a new Broncos stadium.

Comment

• Another clue.....new stadium, but the good and bad thing that happened involved the team result and the plight of a player.

Comment

Another clue.....new stadium, but the good and bad thing that happened involved the team result and the plight of a player.
                    The Broncos beat the Giants 31-20 but Ed McCafferey broke his leg.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                      The Broncos beat the Giants 31-20 but Ed McCafferey broke his leg.
                      WINNER!!!

On September 10, 2001, Sports Authority Field at Mile High hosted its first regular season NFL game, in which The Broncos defeated the New York Giants 31–20. The bad news, The Broncos star receiver Ed McCaffrey broke his leg during the game.

Comment

• Not to bring drama into it but the next morning was also 9/11. I remember watching the game the night before in my college dorm room and so I was asleep when my roommates woke me up about it.
                        sigpic

Comment

Not to bring drama into it but the next morning was also 9/11. I remember watching the game the night before in my college dorm room and so I was asleep when my roommates woke me up about it.
                          Although I will not get too off track here, I believe that recollection of such detail has a lot to do with the powerful affect of certain events in our lives......so powerful that they tie other events from that time period into the same memories. It's the ole, "where were you/what were you doing on the day that ______________________happened?"

Comment

• Random fact of the day

In week 16 of the 2014 season, Demaryius Thomas set a new franchise record for 100-yard receiving games in a single season; becoming only the third wide receiver in NFL history to achieve three consecutive seasons of at least 1,400 yards and 10 touchdown catches — the other two are Marvin Harrison and Jerry Rice.

Random quote of the day

"It's exactly like golf." - Jason Elam

This month in Broncos history

August 14, 1959 - The Broncos are born. The first American Football League organizational meeting is held in Chicago. Denver, with Bob Howsam as its principal owner, is named as a charter member along with New York, Dallas, Los Angeles, Minneapolis and Houston.

Initial Schedule

Sat, Aug. 11 vs Minnesota
                            Sat, Aug. 18 vs Chicago
                            Fri, Aug. 24 @ Washington
                            Thu, Aug. 30 @ Arizona
                            Season Opener
                            Sun, Sep. 9 vs Seattle

The Draft

Round 1, No. 5 overall: Bradley Chubb, DE, NC State
                            Round 2, No. 40: Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU
                            Round 3, No. 71: Royce Freeman, RB, Oregon
                            Round 3, No. 99: Isaac Yiadom, CB, Boston College
                            Round 4, No. 106: Josey Jewell, LB, Iowa
                            Round 4, No. 113, DaeSean Hamilton, WR, Penn State
                            Round 5, No. 156, Troy Fumagalli, TE, Wisconsin
                            Round 6, No. 183: Sam Jones, G/C, Arizona State
                            Round 6, No. 217, Keishawn Bierria, LB, Washington
                            Round 7, No. 226 overall: David Williams, RB, Arkansas

Today’s trivia

As a Broncos rookie, I became the first player in pro football history to lead the league in both kickoff and punt return averages in the same season.
                            To infinity...and beyond.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
                              Random fact of the day

In week 16 of the 2014 season, Demaryius Thomas set a new franchise record for 100-yard receiving games in a single season; becoming only the third wide receiver in NFL history to achieve three consecutive seasons of at least 1,400 yards and 10 touchdown catches — the other two are Marvin Harrison and Jerry Rice.

Random quote of the day

"It's exactly like golf." - Jason Elam

This month in Broncos history

August 14, 1959 - The Broncos are born. The first American Football League organizational meeting is held in Chicago. Denver, with Bob Howsam as its principal owner, is named as a charter member along with New York, Dallas, Los Angeles, Minneapolis and Houston.

Initial Schedule

Sat, Aug. 11 vs Minnesota
                              Sat, Aug. 18 vs Chicago
                              Fri, Aug. 24 @ Washington
                              Thu, Aug. 30 @ Arizona
                              Season Opener
                              Sun, Sep. 9 vs Seattle

The Draft

Round 1, No. 5 overall: Bradley Chubb, DE, NC State
                              Round 2, No. 40: Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU
                              Round 3, No. 71: Royce Freeman, RB, Oregon
                              Round 3, No. 99: Isaac Yiadom, CB, Boston College
                              Round 4, No. 106: Josey Jewell, LB, Iowa
                              Round 4, No. 113, DaeSean Hamilton, WR, Penn State
                              Round 5, No. 156, Troy Fumagalli, TE, Wisconsin
                              Round 6, No. 183: Sam Jones, G/C, Arizona State
                              Round 6, No. 217, Keishawn Bierria, LB, Washington
                              Round 7, No. 226 overall: David Williams, RB, Arkansas

Today’s trivia

As a Broncos rookie, I became the first player in pro football history to lead the league in both kickoff and punt return averages in the same season.
                              Deltha O’Neil?
                              2014/2015 Adopt-A-Bronco : TJ Ward - GO DUCKS!

Comment

Not to bring drama into it but the next morning was also 9/11. I remember watching the game the night before in my college dorm room and so I was asleep when my roommates woke me up about it.
                                I remember that game for the same reason. I was like l, “man, this sucks. We lost Ed McCaffrey.” Then the next day made me rethink the priorities in my life.
                                2014/2015 Adopt-A-Bronco : TJ Ward - GO DUCKS!

Comment

Working...
                                X