X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
    Who is Charley Johnson?
    WINNER!

Charley Lane Johnson (born November 22, 1938) is a former American football quarterback and retired professor of chemical engineering. He played in the National Football League (NFL) for 15 years with three teams: the St. Louis Cardinals, Houston Oilers, and Denver Broncos.

He ended his career with a four-year stint in Denver. He started 9 games for the Broncos in 1972, and all 14 games for the 7–5–2 squad in 1973, the first winning season for the team. In 1974, his 14th season, he led the league for the first time in yards per attempt with 8.1. He began his final year with a 90-yard touchdown pass to Rick Upchurch against the Kansas City Chiefs, the only 90+ yard pass that decade by a Bronco. He is a member of the Denver Broncos Ring of Fame.

Comment

• Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
      He might have taken him, if he'd had his way
      Ok I misinterpreted what you meant when you said actually. I thought you were correcting someone on the topic. I now realize you are just adding fuel to the thought of we should blame Fisher for suading Shanny.
      sigpic

Comment

• Question:

This big man primarily played basketball until college days, but moved on to play football for the first time, just 2 years before being drafted by an NFL team. Who is he?

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
          Question:

This big man primarily played basketball until college days, but moved on to play football for the first time, just 2 years before being drafted by an NFL team. Who is he?
          Virgil Thomas

Comment

• Originally posted by mainBroncos60 View Post
            Virgil Thomas
            Do you mean Julius Thomas? A good answer, but not the answer I had....but there's more to it.)

But I will stress, the player I am looking for was new to the game, 2 years prior to NFL selection.
            Last edited by CanDB; 08-19-2018, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Do you mean Julius Thomas? A good answer, but not the answer I had....but there's more to it.)

But I will stress, the player I am looking for was new to the game, 2 years prior to NFL selection.
              You're right. I meant Julius Thomas.

Comment

• Originally posted by mainBroncos60 View Post
                You're right. I meant Julius Thomas.
                Hey, I got one right!! OK listen, I am rewarding you, because JT was a basketball player, and only got into college football the year before he got drafted.

But I am looking for a BIGGER dude, whose NFL position is not classified as "skilled".
                Last edited by CanDB; 08-19-2018, 02:34 PM.

Comment

• Julius peppers played 2 years of college bball .....
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                    Julius peppers played 2 years of college bball .....
                    Sorry EM....only Broncos. But sure, I wish Peppers had been one!!

Comment

Sorry EM....only Broncos. But sure, I wish Peppers had been one!!

More of an added trivia fact than a guess. Stumped on this one
                      sigpic

Comment

More of an added trivia fact than a guess. Stumped on this one
                        Stay the course. I did not know a lot about this player until I researched a little. I want to give a clue, but lets see if anyone gets it this evening.

Comment

• I guess I can thrown in... Cedric Lang was signed by the broncos to a futures contract last year. He was a college B.B. player that converted to TE and then olineman for the broncos ( a signed #70 ) Don’t even know if he is on the roster..

Edit... a little reasesrch shows he is a Viking now.. at Oline.
                          Last edited by EddieMac; 08-19-2018, 03:57 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Wesley Duke?

Comment

I guess I can thrown in... Cedric Lang was signed by the broncos to a futures contract last year. He was a college B.B. player that converted to TE and then olineman for the broncos ( a signed #70 ) Don’t even know if he is on the roster..

Edit... a little reasesrch shows he is a Viking now.. at Oline.
                              Not the answer I have, but need to verify if he played football at any point of his youth. My assumption is that he did, but I could be wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
                                Wesley Duke?
                                Not my answer (but you folks are sure digging deep:thumb….but I believe he played football in high school, and possibly prior to.

Comment

Working...
                                X