Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bronco Daily Fun Facts And Trivia

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Clue:

    Olineman

    Comment


    • Another clue:

      Drafted by The Raiders.

      Comment


      • Menelik Watson
        sigpic

        Comment


        • Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
          Menelik Watson
          WINNER!!!

          Menelik Watson is an English professional American football offensive tackle for the Denver Broncos.

          Watson was born into a single-parent family of four brothers and a sister raised on the Anson Estate in Longsight, Greater Manchester, England. Advised by a doctor not to play any more sports (due to a badly broken ankle), he eventually joined the school basketball team, where he was spotted in a local tournament by American coach Rob Orellana, who signed him up for the Canarias Basketball Academy based in the Canary Islands.

          Watson played college basketball for Marist College, which he attended from 2009 to 2010. However, after it became clear that even at 6 feet 5 inches, Watson was too short to play power forward, Orellana transferred Watson to Saddleback College where he played American football for the first time. Watson played right tackle, opposite of left tackle Kyle Long.

          Watson was drafted in the second round by the Oakland Raiders of the 2013 NFL Draft (42nd overall)

          On March 10, 2017, Watson signed a three-year contract with the Denver Broncos.

          Comment


          • You must get both parts correct.

            My grandfather once held the world record for the 100 yard dash. Who am I and what was my occupation after I retired from the Broncos?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
              You must get both parts correct.

              My grandfather once held the world record for the 100 yard dash. Who am I and what was my occupation after I retired from the Broncos?
              Jack Dolbin and chiropractor?
              "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

              Comment


              • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                WINNER!!!

                Menelik Watson is an English professional American football offensive tackle for the Denver Broncos.

                Watson was born into a single-parent family of four brothers and a sister raised on the Anson Estate in Longsight, Greater Manchester, England. Advised by a doctor not to play any more sports (due to a badly broken ankle), he eventually joined the school basketball team, where he was spotted in a local tournament by American coach Rob Orellana, who signed him up for the Canarias Basketball Academy based in the Canary Islands.

                Watson played college basketball for Marist College, which he attended from 2009 to 2010. However, after it became clear that even at 6 feet 5 inches, Watson was too short to play power forward, Orellana transferred Watson to Saddleback College where he played American football for the first time. Watson played right tackle, opposite of left tackle Kyle Long.

                Watson was drafted in the second round by the Oakland Raiders of the 2013 NFL Draft (42nd overall)

                On March 10, 2017, Watson signed a three-year contract with the Denver Broncos.

                Well how about that for timing Can? Right as Watson is the correct answer for Trivia the Broncos ship him out the door.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                  Jack Dolbin and chiropractor?
                  That's correct. Great job. I need to spread the CPs around. Will get you ASAP if I remember. Can someone give HUM some CPs for me please?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                    Well how about that for timing Can? Right as Watson is the correct answer for Trivia the Broncos ship him out the door.
                    Yah...ha ha....I mentioned in the Watson thread. Bizarre timing.

                    Anyone you folks want to be released?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
                      That's correct. Great job. I need to spread the CPs around. Will get you ASAP if I remember. Can someone give HUM some CPs for me please?
                      Done and some for you.
                      sigpic

                      Adopted Bronco: Von Miller

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                        Not the answer I have, but need to verify if he played football at any point of his youth. My assumption is that he did, but I could be wrong.
                        Played in high school I believe,,,
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                          Played in high school I believe,,,
                          Thx for that. CPs for helping.:thumb:

                          Comment


                          • Today’s trivia...........
                            ​​
                            Random fact of the day​​
                            ​​
                            Outside of Tom Brady (at 39), The Broncos had the 2 oldest QBs to ever start and win a SB - Elway at 38 (against Atlanta in 1999) and Manning at 39 (against Carolina in 2016). Is that the formula in Denver? Kind of think our next SB winning QB will be younger!​

                            Random quote of the day
                            ​​
                            I have made this letter longer than usual because I lack the time to make it shorter.​
                            —Blaise Pascal​

                            This month in Broncos history ​​

                            August 25, 2001 - The Broncos played their first preseason game at INVESCO Field at Mile High vs. the New Orleans Saints, winning 31-24.​
                            ​​
                            Schedule​​
                            ​​
                            Thu, Aug. 30 @ Arizona​​

                            Regular Season (Mountain Time)

                            1. Sep 9 vs Seattle Seahawks 2:05 PM FOX

                            2. Sep 16 vs Oakland Raiders 2:25 PM CBS​​
                            3. Sep 23 at Baltimore Ravens 11:00 AM CBS​​
                            4. Sep 30 vs Kansas City Chiefs (MNF) 6:15 PM ESPN​​
                            5. Oct. 7 at New York Jets 11:00 AM CBS​​
                            6. Oct 14 vs Los Angeles Rams 2:05 PM FOX​​
                            7. Oct 18 at Arizona Cardinals (TNF) 6:25 PM FOX​​
                            8. Oct 28 at Kansas City Chiefs 11:00 AM CBS​​
                            9. Nov 4 vs Houston Texans 2:05 PM CBS​​
                            10. Nov 11 BYE​​
                            11. Nov 18 at Los Angeles Chargers 2:05 PM CBS​​
                            12. Nov 25 vs Pittsburgh Steelers 2:25 PM CBS​​
                            13. Dec 2 at Cincinnati Bengals 11:00 AM CBS​​
                            14. Dec 9 at San Francisco 49ers 2:05 PM CBS​​
                            15. Dec 15 vs Cleveland Browns 2:30 PM NFLN​​
                            16. Dec 24 at Oakland Raiders (MNF) 6:15 PM ESPN​​
                            17. Dec 30 vs Los Angeles Chargers 2:25 PM CBS​

                            The Draft
                            ​​
                            Round 1, No. 5 overall: Bradley Chubb, DE, NC State​​
                            Round 2, No. 40: Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU​​
                            Round 3, No. 71: Royce Freeman, RB, Oregon​​
                            Round 3, No. 99: Isaac Yiadom, CB, Boston College​​
                            Round 4, No. 106: Josey Jewell, LB, Iowa​​
                            Round 4, No. 113, DaeSean Hamilton, WR, Penn State​​
                            Round 5, No. 156, Troy Fumagalli, TE, Wisconsin​​
                            Round 6, No. 183: Sam Jones, G/C, Arizona State​​
                            Round 6, No. 217, Keishawn Bierria, LB, Washington​​
                            Round 7, No. 226 overall: David Williams, RB, Arkansas​​
                            ​​
                            Today’s trivia

                            Question:

                            Career stats: 5 TD punt returns, a kickoff return avg. of 26.0, 16 interceptions - 2 for TDs, and 1 fumble return TD. Who is he?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                              Today’s trivia...........
                              ​​
                              Random fact of the day​​
                              ​​
                              Outside of Tom Brady (at 39), The Broncos had the 2 oldest QBs to ever start and win a SB - Elway at 38 (against Atlanta in 1999) and Manning at 39 (against Carolina in 2016). Is that the formula in Denver? Kind of think our next SB winning QB will be younger!​

                              Random quote of the day
                              ​​
                              I have made this letter longer than usual because I lack the time to make it shorter.​
                              —Blaise Pascal​

                              This month in Broncos history ​​

                              August 25, 2001 - The Broncos played their first preseason game at INVESCO Field at Mile High vs. the New Orleans Saints, winning 31-24.​
                              ​​
                              Schedule​​
                              ​​
                              Thu, Aug. 30 @ Arizona​​

                              Regular Season (Mountain Time)

                              1. Sep 9 vs Seattle Seahawks 2:05 PM FOX

                              2. Sep 16 vs Oakland Raiders 2:25 PM CBS​​
                              3. Sep 23 at Baltimore Ravens 11:00 AM CBS​​
                              4. Sep 30 vs Kansas City Chiefs (MNF) 6:15 PM ESPN​​
                              5. Oct. 7 at New York Jets 11:00 AM CBS​​
                              6. Oct 14 vs Los Angeles Rams 2:05 PM FOX​​
                              7. Oct 18 at Arizona Cardinals (TNF) 6:25 PM FOX​​
                              8. Oct 28 at Kansas City Chiefs 11:00 AM CBS​​
                              9. Nov 4 vs Houston Texans 2:05 PM CBS​​
                              10. Nov 11 BYE​​
                              11. Nov 18 at Los Angeles Chargers 2:05 PM CBS​​
                              12. Nov 25 vs Pittsburgh Steelers 2:25 PM CBS​​
                              13. Dec 2 at Cincinnati Bengals 11:00 AM CBS​​
                              14. Dec 9 at San Francisco 49ers 2:05 PM CBS​​
                              15. Dec 15 vs Cleveland Browns 2:30 PM NFLN​​
                              16. Dec 24 at Oakland Raiders (MNF) 6:15 PM ESPN​​
                              17. Dec 30 vs Los Angeles Chargers 2:25 PM CBS​

                              The Draft
                              ​​
                              Round 1, No. 5 overall: Bradley Chubb, DE, NC State​​
                              Round 2, No. 40: Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU​​
                              Round 3, No. 71: Royce Freeman, RB, Oregon​​
                              Round 3, No. 99: Isaac Yiadom, CB, Boston College​​
                              Round 4, No. 106: Josey Jewell, LB, Iowa​​
                              Round 4, No. 113, DaeSean Hamilton, WR, Penn State​​
                              Round 5, No. 156, Troy Fumagalli, TE, Wisconsin​​
                              Round 6, No. 183: Sam Jones, G/C, Arizona State​​
                              Round 6, No. 217, Keishawn Bierria, LB, Washington​​
                              Round 7, No. 226 overall: David Williams, RB, Arkansas​​
                              ​​
                              Today’s trivia

                              Question:

                              Career stats: 5 TD punt returns, a kickoff return avg. of 26.0, 16 interceptions - 2 for TDs, and 1 fumble return TD. Who is he?
                              I'm gonna go with Adam Jones
                              My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
                                I'm gonna go with Adam Jones
                                Congratz FL...hope it wasn't too easy. Then again, you are good at this trivia stuff.

                                Adam Pacman Jones!

                                Jones has recently signed with and is a cornerback and return specialist for the Denver Broncos. He was drafted by the Tennessee Titans sixth overall in the 2005 NFL Draft. He played college football at West Virginia. Jones has also played for the Dallas Cowboys and Cincinnati Bengals.

                                Among his achievements:

                                Pro Bowl selection (2015)
                                First-Team All-Pro selection (2014)
                                Pro Football Writer's Association All-AFC selection (2006)
                                NFL All-Rookie Team (2005)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X