Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bronco Daily Fun Facts And Trivia

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    A Quickie:

    Losing is one thing, but one year we were extra nice to a rival. What's the story?
    Maybe something like losing to the Chargers in week 17 like 52-21 in the winner takes all AFC West title game in 2008?
    Last edited by DenverBlood; 09-17-2018, 01:53 PM.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
      Maybe something like losing to the Chargers in week 17 like 52-21 in the winner takes all AFC West title game in 2008?
      Good try DB....think other rival.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
        Good try DB....think other rival.
        Think more than one setback in a season.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
          Think more than one setback in a season.
          I think in like 93 we lost a home game against Oakland in week 17 when Elam missed a fg as time expired. Which gave Oakland home field advantage in the first round of the playoffs and they waxed us a week later.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
            A Quickie:

            Losing is one thing, but one year we were extra nice to a rival. What's the story?
            I doubt this is the answer you're looking for, but it fits the question. Many years ago against the Raiders a hit by a Bronco DB (Perry?) ruptured Raiders WR Bob Chandler's (RIP) spleen, which he lost. While recovering in a Denver hospital, the folks of Colorado sent him tons of cards and well-wishes and Chandler always had a warm spot for Denver fans after.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
              I doubt this is the answer you're looking for, but it fits the question. Many years ago against the Raiders a hit by a Bronco DB (Perry?) ruptured Raiders WR Bob Chandler's (RIP) spleen, which he lost. While recovering in a Denver hospital, the folks of Colorado sent him tons of cards and well-wishes and Chandler always had a warm spot for Denver fans after.
              Good try!

              Another clue.....

              The number 3 is involved.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                Good try!

                Another clue.....

                The number 3 is involved.
                Giving SD the division in 2008 with 3 straight losses?
                "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

                Comment


                • Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                  Giving SD the division in 2008 with 3 straight losses?
                  Good try. But one of the clues was "think other rival"....other than The Chargers.

                  Comment


                  • NOTE: I will not be around til supper'ish, so please keep your answers coming.....I'll respond then.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                      NOTE: I will not be around til supper'ish, so please keep your answers coming.....I'll respond then.
                      Did you see my response of the season we blew week 17 to Oakland and a week later in the playoffs? You didn’t say yes or no to that one.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                        Did you see my response of the season we blew week 17 to Oakland and a week later in the playoffs? You didn’t say yes or no to that one.
                        I don't think that was it, because it didn't have the #3 in it. I could be wrong, though
                        "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                          I don't think that was it, because it didn't have the #3 in it. I could be wrong, though
                          That could be it. That was '93 and we lost to the Raiders 3 times that season.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                            I don't think that was it, because it didn't have the #3 in it. I could be wrong, though
                            He didn’t give that clue until after i guessed it. But I’m at a loss aside from that and the 2008 Chargers.
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                              I think in like 93 we lost a home game against Oakland in week 17 when Elam missed a fg as time expired. Which gave Oakland home field advantage in the first round of the playoffs and they waxed us a week later.
                              Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                              Did you see my response of the season we blew week 17 to Oakland and a week later in the playoffs? You didn’t say yes or no to that one.
                              DB...I actually zipped by your previous response, and it is correct, though you did not mention that we lost 3 times, to the LA Raiders. That's fine!

                              Sooooo…..

                              WINNER!

                              In 1993 The Broncos went 9 and 7, while gaining a wild card spot. However, during the season The Broncos suffered two losses by a combined 6-points to the LA Raiders. They would meet again in the wild card round. This time the Raiders would win by a wide margin 42-24. If you remember the name Jeff Hostetler, he's the QB that lit up the Broncos secondary averaging a whopping 15.5 yards per attempt. Not a good year, losing 3 times to The Raiders!!!




                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                                DB...I actually zipped by your previous response, and it is correct, though you did not mention that we lost 3 times, to the LA Raiders. That's fine!

                                Sooooo…..

                                WINNER!

                                In 1993 The Broncos went 9 and 7, while gaining a wild card spot. However, during the season The Broncos suffered two losses by a combined 6-points to the LA Raiders. They would meet again in the wild card round. This time the Raiders would win by a wide margin 42-24. If you remember the name Jeff Hostetler, he's the QB that lit up the Broncos secondary averaging a whopping 15.5 yards per attempt. Not a good year, losing 3 times to The Raiders!!!




                                Yeah I gave my first response before you gave the 3 clue. And by the time I saw your clue someone else had already mentioned losing all 3 that year. So I didn’t come up with it on my own if I had edited my response.

                                Thanks for giving me credit anyway. I was 10 years old during that dreaded season. My family watched every game at a friend of my dads house who was an avid Raiders fan. I remember the shock when Elam missed the gw fg as time expired in week 17. And the even more bitter disappointment a week later when we weren’t even competitive. And if i recall if we had won week 17 we would’ve hosted the wild card not gone to Los Angelos. It still haunts me to this day every time we play them.
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X