Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bronco Daily Fun Facts And Trivia

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I got the "3" part right ^^^^^
    sigpic

    Comment


    • Today’s trivia...........
      ​​
      Random fact of the day​​
      ​​
      TE Jeff Heuerman – Played hockey for eight years and competed on the junior circuit.

      Random quote of the day

      “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
      ― Oscar Wilde ​​

      This month in Broncos history ​​

      (A Few extra this time, because we ran out of month!!)

      September 26, 1976 - Rick Upchurch ties an NFL record by returning two punts for touchdowns in a 44-13 win over the visiting Cleveland Browns.

      September 26, 1999 - Broncos tight end Shannon Sharpe becomes the leading receiver in franchise history, catching five passes for 39 yards against Tampa Bay at Raymond James Stadium

      September 13, 1999 - John Elway, a two-time Super Bowl champion, a member of the Hall of Fame Class of 2004 and the most accomplished player in Denver Broncos history, was elected to the franchise’s Ring of Fame in 1999. The only player for whom the customary wait for Ring of Fame induction was waived,

      September 26, 1999 - Broncos tight end Shannon Sharpe becomes the leading receiver in franchise history, catching five passes for 39 yards against Tampa Bay at Raymond James Stadium

      September 26, 2005 - Wide receiver Rod Smith becomes the first undrafted player in NFL history to reach 10,000 career receiving yards with a 19-yard catch from Jake Plummer in the third quarter of a home Monday Night Football game against the Chiefs.

      September 23, 2007 - Terrell Davis is the 21st inductee into the Denver Broncos Ring of Fame.

      September 20, 2009 - Shannon Sharpe joins the Ring of Fame.

      September 30, 2013 - Center Tom Nalen is introduced into the team’s Ring of Fame during halftime of Sunday’s game against the Eagles.
      ​​
      Schedule​​
      ​​
      Regular Season (Mountain Time)
      1. Sep 9 vs Seattle Seahawks > WIN 27 - 24 / 1 and 0
      2. Sep 16 vs Oakland Raiders > WIN ​​20 - 19 / 2 and 0
      3. Sep 23 at Baltimore Ravens > LOSS ​​14 -27 / 2 and 1
      4. Sep 30 vs Kansas City Chiefs (MNF) 6:15 PM ESPN​​
      5. Oct. 7 at New York Jets 11:00 AM CBS​​
      6. Oct 14 vs Los Angeles Rams 2:05 PM FOX​​
      7. Oct 18 at Arizona Cardinals (TNF) 6:25 PM FOX​​
      8. Oct 28 at Kansas City Chiefs 11:00 AM CBS​​
      9. Nov 4 vs Houston Texans 2:05 PM CBS​​
      10. Nov 11 BYE​​
      11. Nov 18 at Los Angeles Chargers 2:05 PM CBS​​
      12. Nov 25 vs Pittsburgh Steelers 2:25 PM CBS​​
      13. Dec 2 at Cincinnati Bengals 11:00 AM CBS​​
      14. Dec 9 at San Francisco 49ers 2:05 PM CBS​​
      15. Dec 15 vs Cleveland Browns 2:30 PM NFLN​​
      16. Dec 24 at Oakland Raiders (MNF) 6:15 PM ESPN​​
      17. Dec 30 vs Los Angeles Chargers 2:25 PM CBS​

      Today’s trivia

      Which Bronco changed colleges after just one year, because the first college dropped football from its program? (In case of more than one correct answer, please provide college details as well.)

      Comment


      • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
        Today’s trivia...........
        ​​
        Random fact of the day​​
        ​​
        TE Jeff Heuerman – Played hockey for eight years and competed on the junior circuit.

        Random quote of the day

        “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
        ― Oscar Wilde ​​

        This month in Broncos history ​​

        (A Few extra this time, because we ran out of month!!)

        September 26, 1976 - Rick Upchurch ties an NFL record by returning two punts for touchdowns in a 44-13 win over the visiting Cleveland Browns.

        September 26, 1999 - Broncos tight end Shannon Sharpe becomes the leading receiver in franchise history, catching five passes for 39 yards against Tampa Bay at Raymond James Stadium

        September 13, 1999 - John Elway, a two-time Super Bowl champion, a member of the Hall of Fame Class of 2004 and the most accomplished player in Denver Broncos history, was elected to the franchise’s Ring of Fame in 1999. The only player for whom the customary wait for Ring of Fame induction was waived,

        September 26, 1999 - Broncos tight end Shannon Sharpe becomes the leading receiver in franchise history, catching five passes for 39 yards against Tampa Bay at Raymond James Stadium

        September 26, 2005 - Wide receiver Rod Smith becomes the first undrafted player in NFL history to reach 10,000 career receiving yards with a 19-yard catch from Jake Plummer in the third quarter of a home Monday Night Football game against the Chiefs.

        September 23, 2007 - Terrell Davis is the 21st inductee into the Denver Broncos Ring of Fame.

        September 20, 2009 - Shannon Sharpe joins the Ring of Fame.

        September 30, 2013 - Center Tom Nalen is introduced into the team’s Ring of Fame during halftime of Sunday’s game against the Eagles.
        ​​
        Schedule​​
        ​​
        Regular Season (Mountain Time)
        1. Sep 9 vs Seattle Seahawks > WIN 27 - 24 / 1 and 0
        2. Sep 16 vs Oakland Raiders > WIN ​​20 - 19 / 2 and 0
        3. Sep 23 at Baltimore Ravens > LOSS ​​14 -27 / 2 and 1
        4. Sep 30 vs Kansas City Chiefs (MNF) 6:15 PM ESPN​​
        5. Oct. 7 at New York Jets 11:00 AM CBS​​
        6. Oct 14 vs Los Angeles Rams 2:05 PM FOX​​
        7. Oct 18 at Arizona Cardinals (TNF) 6:25 PM FOX​​
        8. Oct 28 at Kansas City Chiefs 11:00 AM CBS​​
        9. Nov 4 vs Houston Texans 2:05 PM CBS​​
        10. Nov 11 BYE​​
        11. Nov 18 at Los Angeles Chargers 2:05 PM CBS​​
        12. Nov 25 vs Pittsburgh Steelers 2:25 PM CBS​​
        13. Dec 2 at Cincinnati Bengals 11:00 AM CBS​​
        14. Dec 9 at San Francisco 49ers 2:05 PM CBS​​
        15. Dec 15 vs Cleveland Browns 2:30 PM NFLN​​
        16. Dec 24 at Oakland Raiders (MNF) 6:15 PM ESPN​​
        17. Dec 30 vs Los Angeles Chargers 2:25 PM CBS​

        Today’s trivia

        Which Bronco changed colleges after just one year, because the first college dropped football from its program? (In case of more than one correct answer, please provide college details as well.)
        Terrell Davis

        Comment


        • Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
          Terrell Davis
          It's not the answer I have, though it matches very well. In theory he was there 2 years, because he was "redshirted" the first year. But Long Beach State did cancel its football program due to budget, and he went on to The University of Georgia. So I'm giving you points.

          But here's a clue going forward....he's a current player.

          Comment


          • Need another clue?

            Comment


            • I know this I just read about it the other day, he went to school in California then transferred somewhere in the south.
              Last edited by Sam_Z; 09-28-2018, 11:35 AM.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • So here's the trivia with a clue included....


                Which "current" Bronco changed colleges after just one year, because the first college dropped football from its program? (In case of more than one correct answer, please provide college details as well.)


                (TD had a similar situation take place....he went to Long Beach State, was "redshirted" year one, played the next year, and then had to transfer to The University of Georgia due to the termination of the football program due to budget issues. I rewarded that answer. It was basically what the trivia question asked.)

                Comment


                • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                  It's not the answer I have, though it matches very well. In theory he was there 2 years, because he was "redshirted" the first year. But Long Beach State did cancel its football program due to budget, and he went on to The University of Georgia. So I'm giving you points.

                  But here's a clue going forward....he's a current player.
                  Shaq Barrett. He started at University Nebraska-Omaha, and then it dropped its program. Then he transferred to Colorado State University
                  "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                    Shaq Barrett. He started at University Nebraska-Omaha, and then it dropped its program. Then he transferred to Colorado State University
                    WINNER!

                    Shaq Barrett started his college career at the University of Nebraska-Omaha in 2010. But after one year the program dropped football, which lead to his transfer to Colorado State. Barrett played three seasons (2011-13) for Colorado State University and was named Mountain West Conference Defensive Player of the Year as a senior in 2013 after ranking fifth in the nation with 12 sacks and 20.5 tackles for a loss.

                    After going undrafted in the 2014 NFL Draft, Barrett signed with the Denver Broncos on May 16, 2014.

                    Comment


                    • Today’s trivia...........
                      ​​
                      Random fact of the day​​
                      ​​
                      Terrell Davis leads The Broncos all time with the most 100 yard games in a season with 11 in 1998. Clinton Portis holds the rookie record for a Bronco, with 8 in 2002.

                      Random quote of the day

                      “Don’t walk in front of me… I may not follow
                      Don’t walk behind me… I may not lead
                      Walk beside me… just be my friend”
                      ― Albert Camus

                      This month in Broncos history ​​

                      October 5, 1980 - Randy Gradishar returns an interception 93 yards for a TD vs. Cleveland, the longest such return in team history and the NFL’s longest in 1980.



                      October 25, 1998 - Broncos kicker Jason Elam ties a 28-year old NFL record by making a 63-yard field-goal attempt vs. Jacksonville at Mile High Stadium.

                      October 7, 2001 - Cornerback Deltha O’Neal ties an NFL record by becoming the 18th player in league history (19th time) to intercept four passes in one game in Denver’s 20-6 defeat of Kansas City at INVESCO Field at Mile High.

                      October 10, 2004 - Reuben Droughns’ 193 rushing yards against Carolina mark the most by a Broncos player in his first start at running back.

                      October 16, 2005 - The Broncos tie an NFL record by not committing a turnover for the fourth consecutive game during their victory against New England.

                      Schedule​​
                      ​​
                      Regular Season (Mountain Time)
                      1. Sep 9 vs Seattle Seahawks > WIN 27 - 24 / 1 and 0
                      2. Sep 16 vs Oakland Raiders > WIN ​​20 - 19 / 2 and 0
                      3. Sep 23 at Baltimore Ravens > LOSS ​​14 -27 / 2 and 1
                      4. Sep 30 vs Kansas City Chiefs > LOSS ​​ 23 - 27 / 2 and 2
                      5. Oct. 7 at New York Jets > LOSS 16 - 34 / 2 and 3
                      6. Oct 14 vs Los Angeles Rams 2:05 PM FOX​​
                      7. Oct 18 at Arizona Cardinals (TNF) 6:25 PM FOX​​
                      8. Oct 28 at Kansas City Chiefs 11:00 AM CBS​​
                      9. Nov 4 vs Houston Texans 2:05 PM CBS​​
                      10. Nov 11 BYE​​
                      11. Nov 18 at Los Angeles Chargers 2:05 PM CBS​​
                      12. Nov 25 vs Pittsburgh Steelers 2:25 PM CBS​​
                      13. Dec 2 at Cincinnati Bengals 11:00 AM CBS​​
                      14. Dec 9 at San Francisco 49ers 2:05 PM CBS​​
                      15. Dec 15 vs Cleveland Browns 2:30 PM NFLN​​
                      16. Dec 24 at Oakland Raiders (MNF) 6:15 PM ESPN​​
                      17. Dec 30 vs Los Angeles Chargers 2:25 PM CBS​

                      Today’s trivia

                      This current Bronco's last name is the same as the adopting family of another current Bronco.
                      Last edited by CanDB; 10-11-2018, 12:18 PM.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by CanDB;517. Dec 30 vs Los Angeles Chargers 2:25 PM CBS​

                        [B
                        Today’s trivia[/B]​

                        This current Bronco's last name is the same as the adopting family of another current Bronco.
                        Royce Freeman and Garret Bolles
                        sigpic
                        AMPIPE

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by ChitownBronco View Post
                          Royce Freeman and Garret Bolles
                          WINNER!!!

                          Left Tackle Garett Bolles was born in Walnut Creek, California on May 27, 1992. His family moved to Lehi, Utah, where he battled a troubled life as he sought out and found trouble with drugs, alcoholism, violence, and gangs. After being kicked out of his father's home, Bolles was adopted by the Freeman family, which helped him reshape his life.

                          Good on you bro!!!



                          Royce Freeman is our up and coming rookie RB.

                          Last edited by CanDB; 10-11-2018, 06:10 PM.

                          Comment


                          • Quickie:

                            He won 2/3rds of his games for the Broncos, helping them towards a playoff year. He also has held 2 rookie Broncos records. Who is he?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                              Quickie:

                              He won 2/3rds of his games for the Broncos, helping them towards a playoff year. He also has held 2 rookie Broncos records. Who is he?
                              CLUE: He played for us during a year that The Broncos made it to the SB.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                                CLUE: He played for us during a year that The Broncos made it to the SB.
                                Another clue:

                                Not all strikes work against you.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X