X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    Clue:

He was on a show with Mary.
    How about another wild guess....Former CSU cornerback John Amos?

Comment

• Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
      Correct.....
      "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

WINNER!!!!

Actor John Amos was a Broncos' player. OK, it was only for two days, but it counts.

John Amos, known for his roles on Good Times, the Mary Tyler Moore Show and Roots, was also a football player who graduated from Colorado State University.

In 1964, he signed a free agent contract with the Broncos. Unable to run the 40-yard dash because of a pulled hamstring, he was released on the second day of training camp, according to Wikipedia.
        He went on to the play in the CFL and UFL.
        Last edited by CanDB; 11-09-2018, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Today’s trivia...........​​

Random fact of the day​​
          ​​
          To what many refer to as Denver's "Golden Years" -- the 1990s. Seven seasons at (or above) .500. Four division titles, five playoff appearances and one AFC Championship game loss to go along with what became QB John Elway's crowning achievement: back-to-back Super Bowl wins.

Random quote of the day

“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.”
          ― Ralph Waldo Emerson

This month in Broncos history ​​

November 22, 1959 - The AFL’s first player selection draft is held, lasting 32 rounds. Denver’s first pick is Roger LeClerc of Trinity College in Connecticut. He does not play for the Broncos until 1967, as he opts to join the NFL’s Chicago Bears, who made him a 15th-round selection in the 1959 draft.

November 24, 1963 - AFL postpones all games two days after the assassination of President John F. Kennedy.

November 11, 1979 - Rick Upchurch becomes the all-time pro football record holder in career punt return yardage. He set the record vs. New England, surpassing the late Emlen Tunnell’s total of 2,209 yards.

November 26, 1989 - The Broncos clinch their third AFC West title in four seasons after a 41-14 victory at home against Seattle.

November 18, 2014 - With a host of Broncos from his years with the team joining him, Champ Bailey announces his retirement after 15 NFL seasons.

Schedule​​

Regular Season (Mountain Time)

1. Sep 9 vs Seattle Seahawks > WIN 27 - 24 / 1 and 0

2. Sep 16 vs Oakland Raiders > WIN ​​20 - 19 / 2 and 0

3. Sep 23 at Baltimore Ravens > LOSS ​​14 -27 / 2 and 1

4. Sep 30 vs Kansas City Chiefs > LOSS ​​ 23 - 27 / 2 and 2

5. Oct. 7 at New York Jets > LOSS 16 - 34 / 2 and 3

6. Oct 14 vs Los Angeles Rams > LOSS 20 - 23 / 2 and 4

7. Oct 18 at Arizona Cardinals > WIN 45 - 10 / 3 and 4

8. Oct 28 at Kansas City Chiefs > LOSS 23 - 30 / 3 and 5

9. Nov 4 vs Houston Texans > LOSS 17 - 19 / 3 and 6​​

10. Nov 11 BYE​​

11. Nov 18 at Los Angeles Chargers 2:05 PM CBS​​

12. Nov 25 vs Pittsburgh Steelers 2:25 PM CBS​​

13. Dec 2 at Cincinnati Bengals 11:00 AM CBS​​

14. Dec 9 at San Francisco 49ers 2:05 PM CBS​​

15. Dec 15 vs Cleveland Browns 2:30 PM NFLN​​

16. Dec 24 at Oakland Raiders (MNF) 6:15 PM ESPN​​

17. Dec 30 vs Los Angeles Chargers 2:25 PM CBS​

Today’s trivia

The Broncos’ record for most consecutive wins against NFC clubs happened when?
          I would like some feedback. Is this trivia thread worth continuing, from the vantage point of the larger submission per above (including all the components, like fact of the day, this month in history, schedule, etc.)?

I started doing this as a partnership, given it was not something I would normally do solo. I enjoy it, but I wonder if there is enough readership. Though it is not too time consuming, it does take time, especially when trying to find new and exciting trivia.

So, what I want to know is this: do you enjoy this thread? And not to be picky, but I am not looking to make a bunch of changes, because authors like some degree of "license", if you get my drift.

The good news, I've received kind comments from some, including those who are not regular members. Not looking for thanks, or any type of reward, just want to know if folks still enjoy.:thumb:

Bottom line, I was hoping to see more folks responding to trivia questions.

Comment

I would like some feedback. Is this trivia thread worth continuing, from the vantage point of the larger submission per above (including all the components, like fact of the day, this month in history, schedule, etc.)?

I started doing this as a partnership, given it was not something I would normally do solo. I enjoy it, but I wonder if there is enough readership. Though it is not too time consuming, it does take time, especially when trying to find new and exciting trivia.

So, what I want to know is this: do you enjoy this thread? And not to be picky, but I am not looking to make a bunch of changes, because authors like some degree of "license", if you get my drift.

The good news, I've received kind comments from some, including those who are not regular members. Not looking for thanks, or any type of reward, just want to know if folks still enjoy.:thumb:

I know you’re a busy man with other aspects of everyday life but one thing that discourages me with the thread is that I assume the trivia questions have already been answered by the time I see the thread bumped.

Again I know you’re a busy man but perhaps posting them at the same time everyday would increase the volume of posters? If you were able to commit to that of course.

Just my thought.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
              I know you’re a busy man with other aspects of everyday life but one thing that discourages me with the thread is that I assume the trivia questions have already been answered by the time I see the thread bumped.

Again I know you’re a busy man but perhaps posting them at the same time everyday would increase the volume of posters? If you were able to commit to that of course.

Just my thought.
              Thx for the feedback. (probably not as busy as many of you)

Comment

I personally look forward to the questions
                "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                  I personally look forward to the questions
                  Thx for the feedback.

Comment

I enjoy the thread when I see it, but I don't always have the time to login every day so I don't see it often, and when I do the question has usually been answered so I don't participate as much as I would like. But I still love the trivia whether I can chime in or not.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Can I definitely appreciate you continuing the thread. I like doing the trivia but a lot of times I don’t respond because I don’t have a clue on the answers. And I try not to google them.

Other times by the time I get in and see a new question others have already responded.

As far as all the trivia you post prior to the question to the group i honestly never read a word of it. If that part was to go away it wouldn’t disappoint me. But I would like to at least continue seeing the questions to the boards be submitted.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 80stheman View Post
                        I enjoy the thread when I see it, but I don't always have the time to login every day so I don't see it often, and when I do the question has usually been answered so I don't participate as much as I would like. But I still love the trivia whether I can chime in or not.
                        Thx pal!.....

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                          Can I definitely appreciate you continuing the thread. I like doing the trivia but a lot of times I don’t respond because I don’t have a clue on the answers. And I try not to google them.

Other times by the time I get in and see a new question others have already responded.

As far as all the trivia you post prior to the question to the group i honestly never read a word of it. If that part was to go away it wouldn’t disappoint me. But I would like to at least continue seeing the questions to the boards be submitted.
                          Appreciate it!

Comment

• I like it. Keep it up. But I'd like it even more if we won cash prizes.

Comment

I like it. Keep it up. But I'd like it even more if we won cash prizes.
                              Thx for that! As for the cash, I am looking into it, and it does have a lot of roadblocks, but please, you must be very patient. Try to follow my lead....

Comment

Thx for that! As for the cash, I am looking into it, and it does have a lot of roadblocks, but please, you must be very patient. Try to follow my lead....
                                I know it’s all bronco related but if you needed more material I wouldn’t oppose expanding it to an all NFL teams trivia.

Just to make life easier on you.

Comment

Working...
                                X