Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bronco Daily Fun Facts And Trivia

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Are you referring to George Shaw coming in for Tripucka? So you wanted everyone that played QB not just 1?
    Nailed it! CONGRATZ!!!

    The Broncos' first Thanksgiving Day was played in 1962, in a 46-45 loss to the New York Titans.

    The Broncos utilized two quarterbacks, George Shaw and Frank Tripucka. Shaw finished 12-of-16 for 117 yards, two touchdowns, and an interception, while Tripucka was 9-of-15 for 113 yards, a touchdown, and two interceptions

    Three of The Broncos in that game now have their names in the Broncos Ring of Fame and you can see their plaques in Monument Plaza (Tripucka, Lionel Taylor and Gene Mingo).

    Comment


    • DB....must spread^^^^^

      Get you later!:thumb:

      Comment


      • Pretty easy for old people...Name or describe the TD celebrations of all 3 of the following Broncos. You must get all 3 correct.

        Gerald Willhite
        Sammy Winder
        Butch Johnson (as a Bronco NOT as a Cowboy)

        Comment


        • Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
          Pretty easy for old people...Name or describe the TD celebrations of all 3 of the following Broncos. You must get all 3 correct.

          Gerald Willhite
          Sammy Winder
          Butch Johnson (as a Bronco NOT as a Cowboy)
          Gerald Wilhite=Backflip
          Sammy Winder=Overhead spike
          Butch Johnson-"California Quake" pretending to shoot guns?
          "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

          Comment


          • Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
            Gerald Wilhite=Backflip
            Sammy Winder=Overhead spike
            Butch Johnson-"California Quake" pretending to shoot guns?
            At least one is incorrect.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
              Easy-peasey 2012-13 season vs. San Diego on MNF
              Originally posted by samparnell View Post
              On 23 September 1979 the Broncos were at home against the Seahawks. Seattle was ahead 34-10 in the third quarter and Denver came back to win 37-34. During the comeback Craig Morton threw three TD passes and Rob Lytle rushed for a TD.
              Originally posted by 80stheman View Post
              Ok, I had to look it up, so if you don't want to CP me that's fine...

              Oct 23, 1960, at Bears Stadium, down 24-0 in the 3rd quarter to the Boston Patriots. Frank Tripucka threw 4 second half TD passes and Gene Mingo added a FG for a 31-24 win.
              Correct!

              October 23, 1960 Denver came back from a 24-0 deficit to beat the Boston Patriots 31-24. That game featured Denver head coach Frank Filchock against future Denver head coach Lou Saban. The Broncos won 31-24. Like the comeback in San Diego in 2015, the opposing team scored first 4 times, while the Broncos ran off 5 straight scores for the win.

              September 23, 1979 After being behind the entire game, Craig Morton threw 3 TD passes in the 3rd quarter - a 2 yard pass to Dave Studdard, an 11 yard throw to Haven Moses and a 35 yard touchdown pass to Rick Upchurch. Rob Lytle scored on a 1 yard run (2 pt conversion run failed) to take the lead in the 4th quarter. Denver won 37-34. Denver would move to 4-1 and Seattle would drop to 1-4. RIley Odoms had 5 receptions for 125 yards.

              October 15, 2015 The San Diego Chargers stormed out to a 24-0 halftime lead and stumbled through the 2nd half which featured a 65 yard defensive fumble return by Tony Carter and a 46 yard pick six by Chris Harris with 2:05 remaining to lock down the victory 35-24.

              I'll get you that CP HUM, still gotta spread some.
              :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
              sigpic

              Comment


              • Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
                Pretty easy for old people...Name or describe the TD celebrations of all 3 of the following Broncos. You must get all 3 correct.

                Gerald Willhite
                Sammy Winder
                Butch Johnson (as a Bronco NOT as a Cowboy)
                Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                Gerald Wilhite=Backflip
                Sammy Winder=Overhead spike
                Butch Johnson-"California Quake" pretending to shoot guns?
                Hints:
                Willhite backflip is correct.
                Butch Johnson did the shooting guns celebration in Dallas but something else in Denver.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
                  Correct!

                  October 23, 1960 Denver came back from a 24-0 deficit to beat the Boston Patriots 31-24. That game featured Denver head coach Frank Filchock against future Denver head coach Lou Saban. The Broncos won 31-24. Like the comeback in San Diego in 2015, the opposing team scored first 4 times, while the Broncos ran off 5 straight scores for the win.

                  September 23, 1979 After being behind the entire game, Craig Morton threw 3 TD passes in the 3rd quarter - a 2 yard pass to Dave Studdard, an 11 yard throw to Haven Moses and a 35 yard touchdown pass to Rick Upchurch. Rob Lytle scored on a 1 yard run (2 pt conversion run failed) to take the lead in the 4th quarter. Denver won 37-34. Denver would move to 4-1 and Seattle would drop to 1-4. RIley Odoms had 5 receptions for 125 yards.

                  October 15, 2015 The San Diego Chargers stormed out to a 24-0 halftime lead and stumbled through the 2nd half which featured a 65 yard defensive fumble return by Tony Carter and a 46 yard pick six by Chris Harris with 2:05 remaining to lock down the victory 35-24.

                  I'll get you that CP HUM, still gotta spread some.
                  Riley Odoms is often neglected in conversations about great Denver TEs.
                  "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                    Riley Odoms is often neglected in conversations about great Denver TEs.
                    I'm not sure I wouldn't take Odoms before Sharpe. Not only was Riley a very good receiver he was an excellent blocker too.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
                      Pretty easy for old people...Name or describe the TD celebrations of all 3 of the following Broncos. You must get all 3 correct.

                      Gerald Willhite
                      Sammy Winder
                      Butch Johnson (as a Bronco NOT as a Cowboy)
                      Willhite had the backflip, Winder did the Mississippi Mud Dance... I can't remember what Butch Johnson did. Was it some bucking bronco thing? Reaching waaay back in my memory
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
                        Hints:
                        Willhite backflip is correct.
                        Butch Johnson did the shooting guns celebration in Dallas but something else in Denver.

                        Butch Johnson=Moonwalk
                        Last edited by FL BRONCO; 11-23-2018, 09:39 AM.
                        My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
                          Pretty easy for old people...Name or describe the TD celebrations of all 3 of the following Broncos. You must get all 3 correct.

                          Gerald Willhite
                          Sammy Winder
                          Butch Johnson (as a Bronco NOT as a Cowboy)
                          Originally posted by 80stheman View Post
                          Willhite had the backflip, Winder did the Mississippi Mud Dance... I can't remember what Butch Johnson did. Was it some bucking bronco thing? Reaching waaay back in my memory
                          Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
                          Butch Johnson=Moonwalk
                          So far no one has gotten all three right (hint hint LOL).

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
                            So far no one has gotten all three right (hint hint LOL).
                            FLBronco is right, it was the Moonwalk! So Wilhite - backflip, Winder - Mississippi Mud Dance, Johnson - Moonwalk
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by 80stheman View Post
                              FLBronco is right, it was the Moonwalk! So Wilhite - backflip, Winder - Mississippi Mud Dance, Johnson - Moonwalk
                              Winner!

                              Yes, Butch Johnson did the Moonwalk in Denver, which isn't easy wearing cleats.

                              Technically, Winder did the Mississippi Mud WALK (not dance), but close enough, I'll give it to you.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                                Riley Odoms is often neglected in conversations about great Denver TEs.
                                I knew a girl in Gunnison who was named after him.
                                :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X