Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bronco Daily Fun Facts And Trivia

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
    I knew a girl in Gunnison who was named after him.
    Was her name Riley or Odoms?
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

    Comment


    • QUESTION:

      Who referred to the scouts being too old, and the draft as "bull"?

      Comment


      • I'll give a clue if no one gets this prior to noon tomorrow.:thumb:

        Comment


        • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
          QUESTION:

          Who referred to the scouts being too old, and the draft as "bull"?
          Shannon Sharpe? It's just a guess, but it sounds like him
          "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

          Comment


          • Robert Swenson - linebacker from 1975-1983 (minus 1980).

            Pro bowler in 1981. He was an undrafted free agent. Complained to a Sports Illustrated interviewer about the lack of attention he received as a college prospect.
            Last edited by Rancher Mike; 11-25-2018, 07:10 AM.

            Comment


            • What former Broncos player was a professional wrestler during the entire time he was playing in the NFL, and making more money as a wrestler?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Rancher Mike View Post
                What former Broncos player was a professional wrestler during the entire time he was playing in the NFL, and making more money as a wrestler?
                Chief Wahoo McDaniel?

                Comment


                • Yes! Very good!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Rancher Mike View Post
                    What former Broncos player was a professional wrestler during the entire time he was playing in the NFL, and making more money as a wrestler?
                    Wahoo McDaniel did not play in the National Football League. He played in the American Football League.
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                    Comment


                    • You are right - my mistake.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Rancher Mike View Post
                        You are right - my mistake.
                        No problem.

                        Do you think Wahoo McDaniel ever wrestled Cyclone Negro?
                        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
                          Winner!

                          Yes, Butch Johnson did the Moonwalk in Denver, which isn't easy wearing cleats.

                          Technically, Winder did the Mississippi Mud WALK (not dance), but close enough, I'll give it to you.
                          Right, Mud walk, thanks. And credit to FLBRONCO for getting Johnson’s Moonwalk. As soon as I read that I remembered him doing that TD celebration.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Rancher Mike View Post
                            Robert Swenson - linebacker from 1975-1983 (minus 1980).

                            Pro bowler in 1981. He was an undrafted free agent. Complained to a Sports Illustrated interviewer about the lack of attention he received as a college prospect.
                            WINNER!!! (Welcome to The Board!!):thumb:

                            Robert Charles Swenson (born July 1, 1953, in Stockton, California) played college football for the University of California. He joined the National Football League in 1975 as an undrafted free agent and played professional football as a linebacker for the Denver Broncos. Commenting on the draft for Sports Illustrated in 1978, Swenson said that "The draft is bull,... The scouts for most of the teams are 100 years old, and most of them don't know what they're doing. I went to school at Berkeley, and most of the NFL scouts think the students are still rioting in the streets out there. They didn't want to look at me."

                            Swenson's career spanned eight seasons, from 1975 through 1983. He was part of the famed Orange Crush Defense that propelled the Broncos to Super Bowl XII in January 1978, at the end of the 1977 season. He was elected to the Pro Bowl after the 1981 season.

                            Last edited by CanDB; 11-25-2018, 10:22 AM.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                              WINNER!!! (Welcome to The Board!!):thumb:

                              Robert Charles Swenson (born July 1, 1953, in Stockton, California) played college football for the University of California. He joined the National Football League in 1975 as an undrafted free agent and played professional football as a linebacker for the Denver Broncos. Commenting on the draft for Sports Illustrated in 1978, Swenson said that "The draft is bull,... The scouts for most of the teams are 100 years old, and most of them don't know what they're doing. I went to school at Berkeley, and most of the NFL scouts think the students are still rioting in the streets out there. They didn't want to look at me."

                              Swenson's career spanned eight seasons, from 1975 through 1983. He was part of the famed Orange Crush Defense that propelled the Broncos to Super Bowl XII in January 1978, at the end of the 1977 season. He was elected to the Pro Bowl after the 1981 season.

                              Bob Swenson would be on my all time underrated Bronco team. Tom Jackson ran a 4.4 40 as a LB, but Swenson was known as being even faster That was some serious speed at LB for the Orange Crush. He also had a hard time making Pro Bowls because of TJ and Gradishar being considered every year. Swenson had a bad knee injury and wasn't the same after.

                              Comment


                              • Fun Fact:

                                Denver still has Cleveland on the schedule for the 2018 season. Mayfield is doing grown man things to the bungles right now and this game looks like a very tough out.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X