Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bronco Daily Fun Facts And Trivia

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Canmore View Post
    Rick Upchurch.
    Ahhhh Rick Upchurch. Brings back some nice memories. Nice guess but not him.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

    Comment


    • Alright, I'll play again.

      Otis Armstrong.
      sigpic

      Adopted Bronco: Von Miller

      Comment


      • Bob Swenson
        sigpic

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Canmore View Post
          Alright, I'll play again.

          Otis Armstrong.
          Again nice try but no, not Otis.
          My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

          Comment


          • Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
            Bob Swenson
            Ding.. Ding.. Ding..

            Bob Swenson--

            One of the most unheralded starters on the Broncos’ famed Orange Crush defense, Swenson started at left outside linebacker in the then, unique 3-4 system devised by Joe Collier. The other three starting linebackers were Randy Gradishar, Tom Jackson and Joe Rizzo.


            In the Broncos’ 1983 media guide, he described himself as “the self-proclaimed greatest Monopoly player in the world.”

            Nicely done EM!!!
            Last edited by FL BRONCO; 07-13-2019, 02:16 PM.
            My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

            Comment


            • Thanks guys..

              Ok. One from me..

              This former Bronco – influenced by his father, who was a high school music teacher in Columbus, Ohio -- played the trombone in his high school marching band. This player was recruited by hometown Ohio State but realized Woody Hayes’ personality wasn’t for him. And this player wound up playing 166 consecutive game over a 12-year period as a Broncos’ offensive lineman.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                Thanks guys..

                Ok. One from me..

                This former Bronco – influenced by his father, who was a high school music teacher in Columbus, Ohio -- played the trombone in his high school marching band. This player was recruited by hometown Ohio State but realized Woody Hayes’ personality wasn’t for him. And this player wound up playing 166 consecutive game over a 12-year period as a Broncos’ offensive lineman.
                Ken Lanier?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                  Ken Lanier?
                  Winner

                  From the Broncos’ 13th game in 1981 through their 16th and final game in 1992, Lanier played in every game. Within his 166-consecutive game streak, Lanier started 131 consecutive games at right tackle.

                  He began the streak blocking for the stationary Craig Morton and finished it warding off top pass rushers for the scrambling John Elway.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • A Division II All American from Kutztown University, this player had the most famous pass breakup in Broncos history.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                      A Division II All American from Kutztown University, this player had the most famous pass breakup in Broncos history.
                      John Mobley

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                        A Division II All American from Kutztown University, this player had the most famous pass breakup in Broncos history.
                        Karl Mecklenburg? I don't remember how his last name was spelled but I remember him being able to play pretty much every defensive position.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                          John Mobley

                          Correct

                          Mobley was a first-round draft pick who started all 16 games as a rookie right linebacker, then was a first-team All Pro in his second season of 1997 – a season topped off with a fourth-down pass breakup of a Brett Favre throw intended for tight end Mark Chmura with 32 seconds remaining to clinch the Broncos their first-ever Super Bowl championship. It was a play so big, safety Steve Atwater said it was the most memorable of his career.

                          Mobley was credited with 854 tackles in his eight seasons when a spinal cord contusion in his neck suffered on Oct. 26, 2003 effectively ended his career.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • By combination of receiving, rushing and returning, who was the first Bronco player to cross the end zone over 70 times?
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                              By combination of receiving, rushing and returning, who was the first Bronco player to cross the end zone over 70 times?
                              I'm going with Rod Smith

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                                I'm going with Rod Smith
                                I'll await to see if this is correct.

                                Meanwhile....

                                IN THE HISTORY of The Denver Broncos, only one other player has shared this distinction with Gary Zimmerman. He was drafted by The Los Angeles Chargers and garnered a pro bowl selection in his first season with The Broncos.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X