Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bronco Daily Fun Facts And Trivia

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    I'll await to see if this is correct.

    Meanwhile....

    IN THE HISTORY of The Denver Broncos, only one other player has shared this distinction with Gary Zimmerman. He was drafted by The Los Angeles Chargers and garnered a pro bowl selection in his first season with The Broncos.
    How about Louis Vasquez?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
      How about Louis Vasquez?
      Good answer but not the one I have. The player I am referring to was a DB.

      (But Vasquez was drafted by The Chargers and was a pro bowler in his first season with The Broncos. Can you add info that proves he and Zimmerman share the same distinction that no other Bronco can? If so, I'm rewarding points!!!):thumb:

      Comment


      • Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
        By combination of receiving, rushing and returning, who was the first Bronco player to cross the end zone over 70 times?
        Rod Smith although he only hit 70 on the dot from rushing, receiving, and returns.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
          Rod Smith although he only hit 70 on the dot from rushing, receiving, and returns.
          Originally posted by CanDB View Post
          I'm going with Rod Smith
          Hey beast....you can beat my butt in fantasy this year, but I got you on this one!!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
            Rod Smith although he only hit 70 on the dot from rushing, receiving, and returns.
            You are both correct on Rod smith.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
              You are both correct on Rod smith.
              Not to be a goof, but if a person is correct, and then another person responds a couple days later with the same answer.....would not the first person be the one who is correct?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by CanDB View Post

                IN THE HISTORY of The Denver Broncos, only one other player has shared this distinction with Gary Zimmerman. He was drafted by The Los Angeles Chargers and garnered a pro bowl selection in his first season with The Broncos.
                Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                Good answer but not the one I have. The player I am referring to was a DB.

                (But Vasquez was drafted by The Chargers and was a pro bowler in his first season with The Broncos. Can you add info that proves he and Zimmerman share the same distinction that no other Bronco can? If so, I'm rewarding points!!!):thumb:
                Continuing.....here ^^^^^^ are the 2 parts to the newest quiz.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                  Not to be a goof, but if a person is correct, and then another person responds a couple days later with the same answer.....would not the first person be the one who is correct?
                  I just wanted to point out that from that combo of stats he only reached 70 total and not over. He had a fumble recovery to put him at 71 for his career so I wasn’t sure with the question. I was thinking Lionel Taylor might have been over but he isn’t

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                    I just wanted to point out that from that combo of stats he only reached 70 total and not over. He had a fumble recovery to put him at 71 for his career so I wasn’t sure with the question. I was thinking Lionel Taylor might have been over but he isn’t
                    No problem Beast! I was joking a bit with you, given I had posted it earlier, and that you clearly did not see. I will look like the culprit. I'm cool with that. I guess I thought that the first person to answer correctly is the so called winner, and CPs awarded accordingly. Maybe I have been following my own guidelines. (And no, I am not looking for CPs)
                    Last edited by CanDB; 07-16-2019, 02:38 PM.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                      No problem Beast! I was joking a bit with you, given I had posted it earlier, and that you clearly did not see. I will look like the culprit. I'm cool with that. I guess I thought that the first person to answer correctly is the so called winner, and CPs awarded accordingly. Maybe I have been following my own guidelines. (And no, I am not looking for CPs)
                      It’s all good. But to answer your question that DB is Bob Zeman.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                        It’s all good. But to answer your question that DB is Bob Zeman.
                        WINNER!!!

                        Only 2 players in Broncos' history have had a last name starting with "Z".....Gary Zimmerman and Bob Zeman!

                        Edward Robert Zeman was an American football defensive back who played six seasons in the American Football League from 1960 to 1966.

                        Zeman was drafted by the Los Angeles Chargers in the 1960 AFL draft. He was part of a stellar defense nicknamed the "Seven Pirates" — a squad which intercepted an AFL record 49 passes during the 1961 season.

                        He then played 2 seasons for The Denver Broncos, and in his first season, garnered a Pro Bowl selection on the strength of six interceptions; one was returned for a touchdown.

                        Zeman also coached with the Broncos, between 1978 and 1982.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                          No problem Beast! I was joking a bit with you, given I had posted it earlier, and that you clearly did not see. I will look like the culprit. I'm cool with that. I guess I thought that the first person to answer correctly is the so called winner, and CPs awarded accordingly. Maybe I have been following my own guidelines. (And no, I am not looking for CPs)
                          If this was a real contest, you would be correct. But since this is all for fun, it's a good thing you were just joking.
                          Administrator
                          sigpic

                          #LupusAwareness

                          #TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

                          "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                            If this was a real contest, you would be correct. But since this is all for fun, it's a good thing you were just joking.
                            Beast and I have a good thing going. I trust he knows what I meant.

                            And this is in fun, but typically there's one winner, and it's the first one to respond correctly. Sometimes rewards are provided, if one feels the respondent is deserving.

                            Movin on.....

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                              Beast and I have a good thing going. I trust he knows what I meant.

                              And this is in fun, but typically there's one winner, and it's the first one to respond correctly. Sometimes rewards are provided, if one feels the respondent is deserving.

                              Movin on.....
                              I was agreeing with you. Just want to clarify in case any new (to the thread) members stopped by.

                              Yes, let's move on.
                              Administrator
                              sigpic

                              #LupusAwareness

                              #TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

                              "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                                WINNER!!!

                                Only 2 players in Broncos' history have had a last name starting with "Z".....Gary Zimmerman and Bob Zeman!

                                Edward Robert Zeman was an American football defensive back who played six seasons in the American Football League from 1960 to 1966.

                                Zeman was drafted by the Los Angeles Chargers in the 1960 AFL draft. He was part of a stellar defense nicknamed the "Seven Pirates" — a squad which intercepted an AFL record 49 passes during the 1961 season.

                                He then played 2 seasons for The Denver Broncos, and in his first season, garnered a Pro Bowl selection on the strength of six interceptions; one was returned for a touchdown.

                                Zeman also coached with the Broncos, between 1978 and 1982.

                                17 of those INTs were made by guys named Zeman, Goose, and Wahoo. Also had 2 LBs punting and our kicker returning kicks that year

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X