No announcement yet.

Bronco Daily Fun Facts And Trivia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This former Bronco played for 9 NFL seasons (on 3 teams), but never matched his rookie season.

Comment

• Eddie Royal
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
        Eddie Royal
        Winner

Eddie Royal was drafted by The Broncos in the second round of the 2008 draft, and had an immediate impact. In his rookie season he had 91 receptions for 980 yards, and scored 5 TDs. But he was very versatile as well, with 140 punt return yards, 600 kickoff return yards (1 for 95) and even managed another 109 rushing yards on 11 carries. His 91 receptions are 2nd all time for a rookie.

Royal played 4 seasons with Denver before moving on to San Diego for three, and Chicago for two. And though he had a good career, with 400 receptions including 1,188 and 1,375 yards in punt and kickoff returns (respectively), it was his rookie year that stands out, and for which he still has a number of Bronco records.

Comment

• Following on the theme regarding players who had better rookie seasons....

This player played 4 seasons with Denver and then another couple on another NFL team.

He led The Broncos in a key category in his rookie season, but that was over 1/2 of his production for his entire 6 seasons. Who is he?

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
            Following on the theme regarding players who had better rookie seasons....

This player played 4 seasons with Denver and then another couple on another NFL team.

He led The Broncos in a key category in his rookie season, but that was over 1/2 of his production for his entire 6 seasons. Who is he?
            Peyton Hillis?
            sigpic

Comment

Mike Anderson? I know I'm wrong ... but he had a great rookie season, and then some ... felt like throwing a name out...
              sigpic
              Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 :nono: to every player he covers
              Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
              Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
              Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                Peyton Hillis?
                Sorry DB. I am not aware of any Bronco stats he was leading in as a rookie, he played for 4 NFL teams, and as far as I can tell, he had some success after his rookie season. Please try again!:thumb:

Comment

• Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post
                  Mike Anderson? I know I'm wrong ... but he had a great rookie season, and then some ... felt like throwing a name out...
                  Good try pal! Mike Anderson had a fabulous rookie season, and did play on another NFL team. But in the key stats, his rookie year was less than 1/2 of his entire career. Because you got several parts of this correct (good rookie season/declined performance/2 NFL teams) I'm sending some points!:thumb:

Comment

Sorry DB. I am not aware of any Bronco stats he was leading in as a rookie, he played for 4 NFL teams, and as far as I can tell, he had some success after his rookie season. Please try again!:thumb:
                    I thought maybe he led the team in rushing when we basically used a FB as a RB. And I was also thinking he basically fell off after Cleveland.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                      I thought maybe he led the team in rushing when we basically used a FB as a RB. And I was also thinking he basically fell off after Cleveland.
                      It was a good guess my friend. I am being a bit picky on this one....yet again!!

Comment

Olandis Gary...breaking out for over 1,000 yards and never coming close to that again.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiz View Post
                          Olandis Gary...breaking out for over 1,000 yards and never coming close to that again.
                          Shiz….this isn't the answer I got, but I am rewarding points based on the fact that Gary's best year was as a rookie, and his 1st year rushing totals were more than half of his career total. Technically speaking, and this is very technical, he was part of 3, not 2 NFL teams, but one was only as part of an offseason stint. You get the points sir, but I am still looking for another name.

Having said that, and based on the responses we are getting, it brings back fabulous memories of a team that could basically put anyone in the backfield and have a solid rushing season. That is the kind of Oline we would love to have back, and for the long term!

Comment

• Clinton Portis

15 tds
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                              Clinton Portis

15 tds
                              He had over half of his career TD’s with the Redskins though.

Can said the rookie stat accounted for over half of their career stats.

And only 6 seasons.
                              sigpic

Comment

Shiz….this isn't the answer I got, but I am rewarding points based on the fact that Gary's best year was as a rookie, and his 1st year rushing totals were more than half of his career total. Technically speaking, and this is very technical, he was part of 3, not 2 NFL teams, but one was only as part of an offseason stint. You get the points sir, but I am still looking for another name.

Having said that, and based on the responses we are getting, it brings back fabulous memories of a team that could basically put anyone in the backfield and have a solid rushing season. That is the kind of Oline we would love to have back, and for the long term!
                                I definitely thought I had this one! Thanks!
                                Who was his “3rd” team?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X