Bronco Daily Fun Facts And Trivia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winning a playoff game on Astro Turf?

Winning a playoff game in a stadium that major league baseball is also played?
    Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post
      Winning a playoff game on Astro Turf?

Winning a playoff game in a stadium that major league baseball is also played?
      WINNER!!!

The Broncos are 1-10 in postseason games played on artificial turf. Their lone win was in the 1997-season AFC Championship Game at Pittsburgh’s Three Rivers Stadium.

Comment

• Interesting (to me) that in one of its 3 Super Bowl winning seasons, The Broncos had just 3 of these, the least in its history regarding this resourcing process.

Name the year and the "process" (as I call it).:thumb:

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
          Interesting (to me) that in one of its 3 Super Bowl winning seasons, The Broncos had just 3 of these, the least in its history regarding this resourcing process.

Quick bump. will provide clues once I see a guess of some sort....or after too much time goes by.:thumb:

Comment

Interesting (to me) that in one of its 3 Super Bowl winning seasons, The Broncos had just 3 of these, the least in its history regarding this resourcing process.

Only 3 first round picks on the team?

Or only 3 players arrested in the off season? j/k

Comment

• Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
              Only 3 first round picks on the team?

Or only 3 players arrested in the off season? j/k
              You are headed in the right direction.....(not sure about the arrest part).

As an aside, if you can prove that there were only 3 first rounders on the team, and that never happened before or after, you get a prize.

Comment

You are headed in the right direction.....(not sure about the arrest part).

As an aside, if you can prove that there were only 3 first rounders on the team, and that never happened before or after, you get a prize.
                I want to say 1997 Trevor Pryce, Dan Neil, Cory Gillard.

One of thee most boring drafts however two of those picks urned out to be fantastic
                Last edited by Sam_Z; 02-12-2020, 06:21 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                  I want to say 1997 Trevor Pryce, Dan Neil, Cory Gillard.

One of thee most boring drafts however two of those picks urned out to be fantastic
                  I want to say.....

WINNER!!!

In 1997, The Denver Broncos went on to win the Super Bowl. But in the preseason draft, The Broncos only selected 3 players, the least in their history.

Their draft went like this:

Round 1, selection #28 Trevor Pryce DT Clemson
                  Round 3, selection #67 Dan Neil G/C Texas
                  Round 4, selection #124 Cory Gilliard S Ball St.

Pryce was selected to The Broncos 50th Anniversary team, while Neil went on to have a good career, but as far as I can tell, Gilliard never played for The Broncos, and only played one NFL game, for The Bengals.

Comment

• Why is the negative stat -55 a bit ironical given the success of this Bronco?

Comment

Why is the negative stat -55 a bit ironical given the success of this Bronco?
                      The Broncos gave up 55 points, a Super Bowl record. Had Leon Lett not celebrated too early, the Cowboys would have broke this record and spared us the shame of giving up the most points in a Super Bowl. Later, Lett became a Bronco.

Comment

• Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
                        The Broncos gave up 55 points, a Super Bowl record. Had Leon Lett not celebrated too early, the Cowboys would have broke this record and spared us the shame of giving up the most points in a Super Bowl. Later, Lett became a Bronco.

Not the answer I am looking for, but complex and creative. He was a Bronco, but for only one season, and not as a starter.

But I'm giving points for creativity.:thumb: (need to reload!)

OK everyone, keep trying!

Comment

Why is the negative stat -55 a bit ironical given the success of this Bronco?
                          Clue.....most other stats are really good!

Comment

• clue....think rushing

Comment

• It’s either Craig Morton or Peyton Manning. Neither ran very well but Morton played here longer so I’ll say it’s Manning.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                                It’s either Craig Morton or Peyton Manning. Neither ran very well but Morton played here longer so I’ll say it’s Manning.
                                I'll say it's a WINNER!!!

Though Peyton Manning had 4 memorable seasons with The Denver Broncos, including record breaking achievements, his 4 year totals included a combined 17,057 yards, of which -55 of it was yards rushing. In contrast, Elway had 3,407 yards rushing and 51,475 passing for a combined 54,882 yards. Lets just say John was a better runner.

Regardless, I think we can forgive Manning for that!:thumb:

Last edited by CanDB; 02-13-2020, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X