Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    WINNER!!!

In 2008, Peyton Hillis led The Broncos with 343 yards rushing, which makes him the lowest yearly rushing leader in Broncos history. He edged out Gerald Willhite who led the team with just 347 yards in 1982.

But in 2008, The Broncos finished 12th in rushing, with 1,862 yards, as they employed a committee backfield, including Hillis, Michael Pittman, Selvin Young and Tatum Bell.

Holy cow. I knew that was the answer and that the total was in the hundreds. But I didn’t know exactly how low. I was thinking in the 6-700 yard range not 300’s. But I remember that season well because we had an insane amount of injuries that season.

It makes sense his totals were that low because wasn’t it over halfway through the season before he became the starter? And I feel like I remember he also went down before seasons end.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
      Holy cow. I knew that was the answer and that the total was in the hundreds. But I didn’t know exactly how low. I was thinking in the 6-700 yard range not 300’s. But I remember that season well because we had an insane amount of injuries that season.

It makes sense his totals were that low because wasn’t it over halfway through the season before he became the starter? And I feel like I remember he also went down before seasons end.
      When I saw the stat I just had to get it in here! What's also interesting is that 5 players could have been the team leader that year, and 3 other than Hillis, could have done it by just having one improved game! Sure, Bell was 94 yards short, but heck, that's not a big gap.

Here's the totals:

Hillis 343
      Pittman 320
      Young 303
      Bell 249

and even Jay Cutler was in the race, with 200!
      Last edited by CanDB; 02-19-2020, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Yeah Hillis only made it 3 or 4 games before tearing his hamstring. I remember a chunky Tatum Bell running all over the Chargers. First time I had seen a shotgun toss in a long time

Comment

• Lets Talk O....

Since its inception in 1993, what are the top 3 Offensive positions that The Broncos have signed in Unrestricted Free Agency? To get the final answer, you must correctly identify the #1 signed position, along with the other two (even if the 2nd and 3rd are in reverse).

Please only make one full guess at a time.:thumb:
          Last edited by CanDB; 02-20-2020, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Lets Talk O....

Since its inception in 1993, what are the top 3 Offensive positions that The Broncos have signed in Unrestricted Free Agency? To get the final answer, you must correctly identify the #1 signed position, along with the other two (even if the 2nd and 3rd are in reverse).

Please only make one full guess at a time.:thumb:
            Top 3 based on what?

Salary spent on the position?
            Number of players signed at the position?
            Most productive in terms of winning and pro bowls?
            sigpic

Comment

Top 3 based on what?

Salary spent on the position?
              Number of players signed at the position?
              Most productive in terms of winning and pro bowls?
              Sorry....I meant, name the positions we signed the most frequently in Unrestricted FA. For example, lets just assume it was D. The correct answer might be:

1 - ILB
              2 - DT
              3 - CB

This would mean that we have gone after and thereby signed ILBs the most since inception in 1993, followed by DTs and CBs. It is strictly a total count of players we have chosen, by position.

Comment

Sorry....I meant, name the positions we signed the most frequently in Unrestricted FA. For example, lets just assume it was D. The correct answer might be:

1 - ILB
                2 - DT
                3 - CB

This would mean that we have gone after and thereby signed ILBs the most since inception in 1993, followed by DTs and CBs. It is strictly a total count of players we have chosen, by position.
                So OT counts as one position or do you want LT and RT specifically? And I’m assuming UDFAs don’t count towards these numbers?

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                  So OT counts as one position or do you want LT and RT specifically? And I’m assuming UDFAs don’t count towards these numbers?
                  Should have been more specific. That's the trouble with my home made trivia!!

Here are the choices on O:

QB, RB, WR, T, G, C, TE

And only talking Unrestricted, not UDFAs.

Comment

• 1-wr
                    2-de
                    3-cb
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiz View Post
                      1-wr
                      2-de
                      3-cb
                      Sorry pal, but this is only for positions on O.

Comment

Sorry pal, but this is only for positions on O.
                        Ha! I got caught up in your follow up explanations and forgot just O! Let’s try this again...

1-WR
                        2-QB
                        3-G
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiz View Post
                          Ha! I got caught up in your follow up explanations and forgot just O! Let’s try this again...

1-WR
                          2-QB
                          3-G
                          Incorrect, but one of the positions is part of the top three.

Comment

• 1. Right Tackle
                            2. QB
                            3. Gaurd
                            sigpic

Comment

Should have been more specific. That's the trouble with my home made trivia!!

Here are the choices on O:

QB, RB, WR, T, G, C, TE

And only talking Unrestricted, not UDFAs.
                              Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                              1. Right Tackle
                              2. QB
                              3. Gaurd
                              Just to review....the positions do not have to be left or right, but regardless.....sorry DB, but you have one correct.

I will add a clue if it is time to do so.

Comment

• Small clue...so far we have 2 of the 3 identified. And 1 of them is the #1 Broncos go to O position in UFA.

Comment

Working...
                                X