Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
    Glyn Milburn
    I remember the gam. it was like 312 all purpose yards, most of which came in the return game.
    sigpic
    Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• Milburn had 404 all purpose yards...and zero TDs. But it wasn't in his first NFL game.

I'm not sure I said the question correctly but it's for their very first NFL game only.

Comment

• Rick Upchurch
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
          Rick Upchurch
          That's correct. Upchurch had 245(?) all-purpose yards in his very first NFL game which was then a record.

Comment

• Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
            That's correct. Upchurch had 245(?) all-purpose yards in his very first NFL game which was then a record.
            Was this the game against the Chiefs in Denver where he had a solid blue helmet because his real one cracked?

Comment

• Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
              In 1993, Howie Long played his last regular season game of his career against the Broncos and gave his game helmet to Elway, telling Elway that he was the toughest player he ever played against. Elway said this was his favorite "honor" he was ever given.
              I still remember watching Long talk on tv years ago saying "the Denver Broncos with John Elway will NEVER win the Super Bowl" HA!!! :clap:

Comment

• Gonna throw a few questions in here.... try and only answer 1 each... spread the love!

. What were the terms of John Elway’s first NFL contract?

It was unquestionably the greatest Broncos draft that never was. It featured arguably the greatest fourth round in NFL history. What year was the draft and, in order, name the players the Broncos selected in that fourth round?

The first Broncos running back to rush for 100 yards by halftime was Floyd Little in a 1970 game at San Francisco. “The Franchise” had 117 yards on nine carries by intermission. Who was the second Broncos player to rush for 100 yards by half?
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                  Gonna throw a few questions in here.... try and only answer 1 each... spread the love!

. What were the terms of John Elway’s first NFL contract?

It was unquestionably the greatest Broncos draft that never was. It featured arguably the greatest fourth round in NFL history. What year was the draft and, in order, name the players the Broncos selected in that fourth round?

The first Broncos running back to rush for 100 yards by halftime was Floyd Little in a 1970 game at San Francisco. “The Franchise” had 117 yards on nine carries by intermission. Who was the second Broncos player to rush for 100 yards by half?
                  Elway's first contract:

Denver signed him to a 6 year, $12.7 million contract

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                    Elway's first contract:

Denver signed him to a 6 year, $12.7 million contract
                    incorrect...
                    sigpic

Comment

incorrect...
                      OOPS…

5 Years / $5 million, $1 million signing bonus.

(the initial answer was his 2nd contract, which involved a $3 million signing bonus)
                      Last edited by CanDB; 06-06-2020, 11:46 AM.

Comment

OOPS…

5 Years / $5 million, $1 million signing bonus.

(the initial answer was his 2nd contract, which involved a $3 million signing bonus)

Winner winner... and for a side bonus... how long did it take to pay Elway that first contract off?
                        sigpic

Comment

Winner winner... and for a side bonus... how long did it take to pay Elway that first contract off?
                          I may be misinterpreting, but they renegotiated after 4 years, to the 6 year / $12.7 million I had mentioned. (I will not guess the other questions)

Comment

I may be misinterpreting, but they renegotiated after 4 years, to the 6 year / $12.7 million I had mentioned. (I will not guess the other questions)
                            Maybe that was part of it... but it took the Broncos 10 years to pay the 5 million..
                            sigpic

Comment

• Which mid 1970's Denver Bronco linebacker was an undertaker in the off season?
                              Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post
                                Which mid 1970's Denver Bronco linebacker was an undertaker in the off season?
                                Godwin Turk...

Comment

Working...
                                X