Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest article: http://cbs4denver.com/broncos/local_...123121242.html

Report: Drug Suspect Connected To Williams' Case

(AP) DENVER Investigators believe a man arrested on drug charges in a gang crackdown last week may have been present when Denver Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams was shot and killed, the suspect's attorney said.

Investigators believe Vernon Edwards, 29, of suburban Aurora may have been in a sport-utility vehicle carrying the gunman or gunmen who shot Williams, Edwards' attorney, Anthony Viorst, told The Denver Post in Thursday's editions.

Viorst said Assistant U.S. Attorney Stephanie Podolak told him investigators believe Edwards is connected to the Williams case. Podolak and a spokeswoman for the Denver district attorney declined to comment.

Edwards' sister, Queen McClain, and his girlfriend, Billie Lambson, told The Post that Edwards was in bed with the flu at the time Williams was shot. Lambson said she was with Edwards that day.

McClain and Lambson said police told them a witness has placed Edwards in the suspect SUV when Williams was shot.

"They told us that if he wasn't in the SUV then he knows who was," Lambson said.

Williams, 24, was struck once in the neck and two other passengers were wounded when at least 14 shots were fired into the stretch Hummer that had just left a New Year's Eve party at a nightclub.

Edwards was arrested on cocaine trafficking charges in massive gang sweep on April 26. He pleaded not guilty Wednesday.

More than 450 officers from three states arrested 49 people on suspicion of money-laundering and distributing drugs and firearms. Officers seized 74 firearms, $1.4 million in cash, cocaine, marijuana and ecstasy and three vehicles, authorities said.

One those indicted in that investigation was Brian Hicks, 28, the registered owner of the SUV that authorities believe was used in Williams' slaying.

Hicks was in jail awaiting trial on attempted murder charges when Williams was killed.

Thanks to Bronco4Life and Medford Bronco for signature

Rest in Peace - Darrent (27) and Damien (29

Comment

I just hope they're all caught and brought to justice. Get them off the streets, these guys are obviously a menace to society.
      - [B]BroncoFanCanada

Comment

Just read this at SI.com Let's hope these men are brought to justice and the Williams family can gain some peace of mind knowing the killer(s) is behind bars. RIP DWill - you will always be remembered in our hearts.
        My Adopted Bronco is Marcus Thomas

Comment

Finally it finally looks like justice is on the horizon, I hope this punks never see the outside of a jail cell ever again

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch Bronco
            Finally it finally looks like justice is on the horizon, I hope this punks never see the outside of a jail cell ever again

I sure hope so.

sigpic
            They're your teammates, now.
            Best of luck, TT!
            ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

Comment

besides life in jail, i think their punishment should be every broncos fan gets to slug him in the face that would be fair though. Darrent was family. so we should be able to hurt who killed a family member
              white sox are done, broncos looking strong, lakers gonna win it all again.

Originally posted by raylewis52
              you guys are the saddest team in nfl right now! 8-8 will win the west,.thats just a joke. there will be 6-8 teams sitting home with better records,
              smart fans, eh?

Comment

Tonight at 9:00, FOX Denver Channel will be talking with Darrent's mother.

Comment

Originally posted by Denver Native
                  Tonight at 9:00, FOX Denver Channel will be talking with Darrent's mother.

Anyway to record and post it as a video? O rmaybe I can find it online? Kinda tough to watch Denver tv in NorCal.
                  *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                  *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                  *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Originally posted by ebsoria
                    Anyway to record and post it as a video? O rmaybe I can find it online? Kinda tough to watch Denver tv in NorCal.
                    If they put it on their site, I will post the link.

Comment

Originally posted by Denver Native
                      Edwards' sister, Queen McClain, and his girlfriend, Billie Lambson, told The Post that Edwards was in bed with the flu at the time Williams was shot. Lambson said she was with Edwards that day.
                      Yeah, a gang-banger/drug dealer supposedly tucked in bed on New Year's Eve...sounds realistic to me.
                      Last edited by SunDevil_Jake; 05-09-2007, 01:49 PM.

Comment

All I want is for this crap to go away. Get rid of these dang gangsters. Every last one of them.

You know, back in the western days, if the town became overrun with punks, the townspeople would sometimes gather together with ropes and guns, and get them punks, and hang 'em high.

There are times a part of me would like to do that to every drug dealing, gangster, child/spouse abuser in this world. Just gather 'em up, and Hang 'em High.
                        Personal goals: GOAL WEIGHT = 250lbs
                        Weight loss needed for FGW = 120 lbs
                        Weight lost so far: - 24 lbs

Comment

Originally posted by diesel51
                          All I want is for this crap to go away. Get rid of these dang gangsters. Every last one of them.

You know, back in the western days, if the town became overrun with punks, the townspeople would sometimes gather together with ropes and guns, and get them punks, and hang 'em high.

There are times a part of me would like to do that to every drug dealing, gangster, child/spouse abuser in this world. Just gather 'em up, and Hang 'em High.
                          goodluck on hanging more than 60% of the people...
                          sigpic

Comment

They also did that in the south not all that long ago. Lets not go there.

But then again with the ACLU screwing up the constitution maybe a little vigilantism about teh (drug dealing, gangster, child abusers ) would not be a bad thing.

Comment

Interview with Darrent's Mother on Fox31 last night:

http://www.myfoxcolorado.com/myfox/p...Y&pageId=6.1.1

Comment

I've said this before, but I'll go one further (and hopefully without any racial undertones)...

In Sicily, organized crime (aka the mafia/"cosa nostra") basically ran wild for decades. Not unlike the gang violence that grips Denver, the Sicilian Mafia killed at will with no fear of punishment. And like Denver, not only did the rival thugs kill eachother, innocent civilians were constantly caught in the crossfire. Whenever a new prosecutor tried to stop them, he would inevitably be murdered. This went on and on and on. Finally, after one particularly disgusting murder which killed scores of innocent people, the citizens of Sicily stood together in defiance. Literally, they walked together through the streets proclaiming they'd had enough. They passed new, stiffer laws to keep the criminals in jail and restrict their access to the outside world. Law enforcement eventually broke down the "code of silence" and through various means, they encouraged informants to come forward.

I say something like this needs to happen in Denver. The people (even if its just Bronco fans) need to stand together and DEMAND that the gang problem be dealt with once and for all. Someone with courage needs to stand up and take control of the situation. I don't live in Denver, so I don't know if anyone there is doing that. But everyone needs to band together and say "Enough is enough." Get mad, goddamnit!
                                Last edited by SunDevil_Jake; 05-10-2007, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X