Breaking News-Darrent Williams Case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JRWIZ
    They also did that in the south not all that long ago. Lets not go there.

But then again with the ACLU screwing up the constitution maybe a little vigilantism about teh (drug dealing, gangster, child abusers ) would not be a bad thing.
    This is truly the problem with vigilantinism.

A mob can easily get out of control. It can easily turn from justice to vengence.

Still, there is that part of me that wishes that good citizens would take control.
    Personal goals: GOAL WEIGHT = 250lbs
    Weight loss needed for FGW = 120 lbs
    Weight lost so far: - 24 lbs

Comment

Originally posted by SunDevil_Jake
      I've said this before, but I'll go one further (and hopefully without any racial undertones)...

In Sicily, organized crime (aka the mafia/"cosa nostra") basically ran wild for decades. Not unlike the gang violence that grips Denver, the Sicilian Mafia killed at will with no fear of punishment. And like Denver, not only did the rival thugs kill eachother, innocent civilians were constantly caught in the crossfire. Whenever a new prosecutor tried to stop them, he would inevitably be murdered. This went on and on and on. Finally, after one particularly disgusting murder which killed scores of innocent people, the citizens of Sicily stood together in defiance. Literally, they walked together through the streets proclaiming they'd had enough. They passed new, stiffer laws to keep the criminals in jail and restrict their access to the outside world. Law enforcement eventually broke down the "code of silence" and through various means, they encouraged informants to come forward.

I say something like this needs to happen in Denver. The people (even if its just Bronco fans) need to stand together and DEMAND that the gang problem be dealt with once and for all. Someone with courage needs to stand up and take control of the situation. I don't live in Denver, so I don't know if anyone there is doing that. But everyone needs to band together and say "Enough is enough." Get mad, goddamnit!
      I think with the sting a few weeks ago, something is being done in the Denver Metro area, and it was stated that this was just the first of many that will be done.

Thanks to Bronco4Life and Medford Bronco for signature

Rest in Peace - Darrent (27) and Damien (29

Comment

Interview with Brandon Flowers

http://www.myfoxcolorado.com/myfox/p...Y&pageId=6.1.1

Comment

Originally posted by Denver Native

Thanks for the post!!!! That was a very touching interview. Could you please post the next segment as well?

CP for you!!!

Comment

Thank you for that. Did anyone ever hear what happended to Brandon Flowers, like where he was hit or what?

Comment

Great news. I hope they end up finding whoever did kill him.

Comment

Originally posted by Scheffler88
                Thanks for the post!!!! That was a very touching interview. Could you please post the next segment as well?

CP for you!!!
                Here is Part 11

http://www.myfoxcolorado.com/myfox/p...Y&pageId=6.1.1

Comment

http://www.myfoxcolorado.com/myfox/p...Y&pageId=1.1.1

Third Suspect Arrested in Connection with Williams' Murder

Last Edited: Saturday, 16 Jun 2007, 9:58 PM MDT
                  Created: Saturday, 16 Jun 2007, 4:13 PM MDT

DENVER -- -- A major break in the Darrent Williams investigation is coming to light today.

A third man described as a "person of interest" in the popular Bronco's murder was arrested when he arrived at Denver International Airport Tuesday.

The FBI nabbed 36-year-old Daniel Harris when he flew into DIA earlier this week and he's now in federal custody for alleged drug traficking.

Harris was among the 50 suspects named in a major gang and drug dealing crackdown last May.

But it looks like his troubles could be growing.

Harris is the third person of interest in the William's New Year's morning murder to be jailed on unrelated offenses.

Williams was shot once as he and friends left a Denver Club in a rented stretch Hummer Limo.

So far Harris, Willie Clark and Vernon Edwards have yet to be charged for the murder of Williams.

This latest arrest is likely to advance an ongoing Grand Jury probe in the murder case.

Harris will be arraigned Monday, his lawyer could not be reached for a comment.
                  Last edited by Denver Native; 06-17-2007, 05:27 AM.

Comment

http://www.myfoxcolorado.com/myfox/p...Y&pageId=1.1.1

Third Suspect Arrested in Connection with Williams' Murder

Last Edited: Saturday, 16 Jun 2007, 9:58 PM MDT
                    Created: Saturday, 16 Jun 2007, 4:13 PM MDT

DENVER -- -- A major break in the Darrent Williams investigation is coming to light today.

A third man described as a "person of interest" in the popular Bronco's murder was arrested when he arrived at Denver International Airport Tuesday.

The FBI nabbed 36-year-old Daniel Harris when he flew into DIA earlier this week and he's now in federal custody for alleged drug traficking.

Harris was among the 50 suspects named in a major gang and drug dealing crackdown last May.

But it looks like his troubles could be growing.

Harris is the third person of interest in the William's New Year's morning murder to be jailed on unrelated offenses.

Williams was shot once as he and friends left a Denver Club in a rented stretch Hummer Limo.

So far Harris, Willie Clark and Vernon Edwards have yet to be charged for the murder of Williams.

This latest arrest is likely to advance an ongoing Grand Jury probe in the murder case.

Harris will be arraigned Monday, his lawyer could not be reached for a comment.

Looks like the pieces are falling into place, all we need is time. RIP 27
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by The Hamburgler
                      Looks like the pieces are falling into place, all we need is time. RIP 27
                      Yes, I believe so - either in a previous article, or on a newscast, it was stated that there were three suspects, but one, believed to be the shooter, had fled. So, if that is true, Harris must be regarded as the shooter, and he now is in custody.

Comment

• I was happy to hear that they had made an important arrest in this case. I was mad because it's taking them a long time to do anything about it seems. I want this solved. I want it solved for the sake of Darrent's mom and his children and the rest of his family. I also want it solved for the sake of the team too. Especially for Brandon and Javon's sakes.

Comment

• Good to see another arrest. RIP Darrent Williams.

Hope the killers get what's coming to them.

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
                          2. Taxes
                          3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

• http://www.myfoxcolorado.com/myfox/p...d=1.1.1&sflg=1

Since this article, the person they mention, who fled to New Mexico, I believe was arrested at DIA, upon his return.

Sources: Darrent Williams Was Targeted
                            Broncos CB's murder connected to a gang dispute
                            Last Edited: Monday, 28 May 2007, 10:02 PM MDT
                            Created: Monday, 28 May 2007, 8:52 PM MDT

By Charlie Brennan and Julie Hayden
                            DENVER --
                            Denver Broncos’ cornerback Darrent Williams was an intended target of the gunfire that claimed his life on New Year’s morning, sources tell Fox 31 News. This contradicts earlier speculation that Williams was killed by pure chance as he rode in a Hummer limousine with tinted windows early New Year’s morning.
                            Sources tell Fox 31 that Williams had a connection with a group of Denver gang members, and that a dispute with those gang members led to his murder. It was previously reported that Williams’ murder may have been prompted by an altercation that occurred at the Denver nightclub called Club Safari in the early hours of Jan. 1, 2007.

Sources say that imprisoned gang member Brian Hicks, or Hicks’ associates, had a conflict with Williams, or possibly individuals with whom Williams associated.

“Williams was certainly part of one side of a complicated disagreement,” one source told Fox 31. “He was not a random victim of a random act. He was an intended victim.”

“The problem didn’t start that evening,” the source added.

Hicks’ name surfaced early in the Darrent Williams murder investigation when the 1998 white Chevy Tahoe from which shots were fired into Williams’ limousine was found to be registered to Hicks.

Hicks, 28, was not in the Tahoe that night. He had been arrested on Nov. 9 for his role in an alleged drug transaction involving eight pounds of cocaine, and was still in jail at the time Williams was killed.

Since the seizure of Hicks’ SUV, police arrested and labeled as a “person of interest” in the Williams case 24-year old Willie Clark, also alleged to be a member of the same gang as Hicks, the Tre Tre Crips.

On April 26, Hicks and several other gang members were named in a wide-ranging federal drug indictment. Sources have previously told Fox 31 that two of the co-defendants in that indictment are also persons of interest in the Williams murder.

A Denver grand jury continues to hear evidence in the Darrent Williams case, although no one has been charged.

Sources tell Fox 31 many of the people police want to talk to in connection with the case are in custody on other charges. Fox 31 has learned that another has fled to Mexico.

Comment

• Originally posted by Denver Native
                              Since this article, the person they mention, who fled to New Mexico, I believe was arrested at DIA, upon his return.
                              Mexico or New Mexico not that it matters.

What is bothering me now is the alleged "connection" they are referring to between DWill and this gang whether it be direct or through another individual.
                              :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69
                                Mexico or New Mexico not that it matters.

What is bothering me now is the alleged "connection" they are referring to between DWill and this gang whether it be direct or through another individual.

Yeah Im not to thrilled to hear that he was connected to gangs - it doesnt make his death right but it takes some sting out of it being just random - i say this because if he was involved with gangs he knew what consequences might occur and shame on him if he was cause he had a chance only one in millions get and shame on him for going to all theose kids and preaching to them about gang and gang violence - what are those kids going to think if they find out he was actually in a gang himself

Comment

Working...
                                X