Breaking News-Darrent Williams Case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69
    Mexico or New Mexico not that it matters.

What is bothering me now is the alleged "connection" they are referring to between DWill and this gang whether it be direct or through another individual.
    Oops - yeah, Mexico

I think this might be that person - http://www.myfoxcolorado.com/myfox/p...d=1.1.1&sflg=1

After I read this a couple of days ago, I was not sure if I should post it or not, and emailed the link to a poster on Broncomania I respect very much, and his advice was to post it. I also hope that Dwill's connection was just very casual. I don't know how it could be much more than that as I can't imagine him doing gang related things during training camp/football season, and then I know he went home to be with him family during the off season.

Thanks to Bronco4Life and Medford Bronco for signature

Rest in Peace - Darrent (27) and Damien (29

Comment

• Originally posted by orangenblue420
      Yeah Im not to thrilled to hear that he was connected to gangs - it doesnt make his death right but it takes some sting out of it being just random - i say this because if he was involved with gangs he knew what consequences might occur and shame on him if he was cause he had a chance only one in millions get and shame on him for going to all theose kids and preaching to them about gang and gang violence - what are those kids going to think if they find out he was actually in a gang himself
      Hi there sweets! :wave:

I know exactly what you mean. And now they are putting him name on a teen center in the Denver area and I am so afraid that some day we may find out news that none of us want to hear.

Obviously getting information out of gang members can be dilluted, altered or just plain false but could also be accurate and true.

If DWill was involved with gangs, do we want to know? Should we let this rest? This whole story has me sick to my stomach.
      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69
        Hi there sweets! :wave:

I know exactly what you mean. And now they are putting him name on a teen center in the Denver area and I am so afraid that some day we may find out news that none of us want to hear.

Obviously getting information out of gang members can be dilluted, altered or just plain false but could also be accurate and true.

If DWill was involved with gangs, do we want to know? Should we let this rest? This whole story has me sick to my stomach.
        The only thing is - I have not heard this anywhere else, except on this one site. And it says sources told them. I would have thought this would have been splashed all over every tv station in the Denver area, plus both the newspapers. I am hoping the sources do not know what they were talking about, or it came across not the way it should have.

Comment

• Originally posted by Denver Native
          Oops - yeah, Mexico

I think this might be that person - http://www.myfoxcolorado.com/myfox/p...d=1.1.1&sflg=1

After I read this a couple of days ago, I was not sure if I should post it or not, and emailed the link to a poster on Broncomania I respect very much, and his advice was to post it. I also hope that Dwill's connection was just very casual. I don't know how it could be much more than that as I can't imagine him doing gang related things during training camp/football season, and then I know he went home to be with him family during the off season.
          I doubt that one would be targeted and killed over "just casual".

Comment

• Originally posted by JRWIZ
            I doubt that one would be targeted and killed over "just casual".
            Nobody even knows if D-Will was the target of that murder.

A victim is not always the target.
            sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
            Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorcust

Good point - since everyone was already in the limo (right?) and all the gangsters did was riddle it with bullets - everyone/anyone inside could have been considered a target

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorcust

No I guess they were going after Walker.

Lets be logical here, darrant had ties to Gangs not sure what but this is the second or third time I had heard this.

Just who is the logical target the gang activist or Walker who happens to be in the car.

Seems pretty simple to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by JRWIZ
                  No I guess they were going after Walker.

Lets be logical here, darrant had ties to Gangs not sure what but this is the second or third time I had heard this.

Just who is the logical target the gang activist or Walker who happens to be in the car.

Seems pretty simple to me.
                  Ya know, the only thing so far that seems logical to me is someone in the shooters car had a beef with someone in the limo. Who it was is anyone's guess.

Remember, this was very late at night, and they shot into a limo with very dark windows. Just because Darrent was killed in no way implicates him in any way, despite all the rumors.

There's just no way the shooter had x-ray vision, and knew exactly who he was firing at - who was sitting where in the H2. Unless they watched them all enter the car. Even still, people can move around in those things.

If Darrent WAS the intended target, the shooter was extremely lucky. Or the worlds greatest shot in history, and I am betting against that.

If

Comment

• Originally posted by JWinn
                    Ya know, the only thing so far that seems logical to me is someone in the shooters car had a beef with someone in the limo. Who it was is anyone's guess.

Remember, this was very late at night, and they shot into a limo with very dark windows. Just because Darrent was killed in no way implicates him in any way, despite all the rumors.

There's just no way the shooter had x-ray vision, and knew exactly who he was firing at - who was sitting where in the H2. Unless they watched them all enter the car. Even still, people can move around in those things.

If Darrent WAS the intended target, the shooter was extremely lucky. Or the worlds greatest shot in history, and I am betting against that.

If
                    I've stated that before, honestly the shooter just got off a lucky shot, really that's it. It sucks that the shot hit Darrent and that it happen to hit him where it did. It was a lucky shot. Because even those who aim would probably miss the neck. The limo was sprayed with bullets. And although it's still sad that Darrent was murdered, at least only one person died and that it was one Bronco, not two.

Comment

• Gangs can care less at who or what they shoot, just as long as they hit their intended target. No one should be murdered in such a way but if Darrent pissed someone off in another gang, then it did not matter who was with him, they were going to accomplish what they sought out to do regardless of who he was with.

Hopefully Javon and company learned not to associate with people of ill repute in the future.

I do not mean these in a bad way or mean any disrespect to Darrent but when you live that kind of lifestyle, it tends to catch up with you one way or another.
                      sigpic

Comment

• I heard something about a "connection" in my local (Central TX) news a week or two ago, but that's really all they said, and I've yet to hear anything more than that about it. Fact is, we already knew he had a gang "connection" in that he worked to deter gang participation in the community, which, as has been noted, could certainly give them a grudge against him. End of the day, the real villains here are still the guys who shot up a car full of people minding their own business and then sped off in the night to hide from the consequences. I hope justice is swift and certain, because whatever Darrent did or didn't do in the past he didn't deserve that.
                        SIGN RANDALL GODFREY FOR SLB AND BACKUP MLB NOW!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Morambar
                          I heard something about a "connection" in my local (Central TX) news a week or two ago, but that's really all they said, and I've yet to hear anything more than that about it. Fact is, we already knew he had a gang "connection" in that he worked to deter gang participation in the community, which, as has been noted, could certainly give them a grudge against him. End of the day, the real villains here are still the guys who shot up a car full of people minding their own business and then sped off in the night to hide from the consequences. I hope justice is swift and certain, because whatever Darrent did or didn't do in the past he didn't deserve that.
                          Ok after re reading all of this.

I WANT FACTS!
                          :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

• http://www.denverpost.com/ci_6272079

Police: 3 key to Williams probe
                            Officials believe the trio were in the SUV from which shots were fired
                            By Felisa Cardona
                            Denver Post Staff Writer
                            Article Last Updated: 07/01/2007 10:06:45 AM MDT

Six months after Denver Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams was killed, police say the last of three men wanted in connection with the case is in custody, although no one has been charged in the athlete's death.

U.S. marshals spotted Daniel "Ponytail" Harris on a flight roster of passengers from Cancún, Mexico, and arrested him on federal drug charges when his plane landed at Denver International Airport on June 12, according to a law enforcement source.

The roundup of suspects has occurred with little public comment from law enforcement authorities, but people familiar with the case confirmed police have zeroed in on three people they believe could help them crack the case. Their custody is related to criminal charges or parole violations - not Williams' death.

Williams, 24, was killed about 2 a.m. New Year's Day in a drive-by shooting while riding in a limousine in downtown Denver. He and friends had just left the Shelter nightclub at 1037 Broadway, where several Broncos and Denver Nuggets players were sponsoring a party to celebrate the new year and Nuggets player Kenyon Martin's birthday.

At the time, witnesses and Williams' family members said an argument broke out between two groups of men as Williams was leaving the club. A short time later, he was shot in the neck as he rode in a stretch Hummer limo at West 11th Avenue and Speer Boulevard, several blocks away.

Two others in the Hummer, Nicole Reindl, 21, and Brandon Flowers, were wounded. Broncos wide receiver Javon Walker, 28, was sitting next to Williams in the limo but was not injured.

The gang-style slaying prompted an outcry and renewed concerns over gangs in Denver.

In the wake of the incident, community activists have promised a stronger effort to prevent youths from joining gangs and an outreach effort aimed at persuading gang members to get out of the dangerous street lifestyle.

Police sources say Harris, 36; 24-year-old Willie Clark; and Vernon Edwards, 29, - all gang members, according to court records - were in the white Chevrolet Tahoe from which the shots were fired that killed Williams.

The Tahoe belongs to Brian Kenneth Hicks, a leader in the Tre Tre Crips gang, who was indicted in the federal drug case.

A source said that while in jail, Hicks gave Harris the Tahoe to try to help raise bail money, but the vehicle was not worth enough to post Hicks' bond and Harris kept the SUV.

Clark is in prison on a parole violation, and Edwards is in federal custody because he was indicted in a separate crack-cocaine-dealing case involving members of the Crips gang.

Jeff Dorschner, spokesman for the U.S. attorney's office, confirmed Harris was arrested on a flight from Cancún but emphasized that Harris was picked up only regarding federal drug charges.

No one has been charged in Williams' death.

Harris had been hiding in Cancún after the Williams shooting, the law enforcement source said.

The reason he returned with federal crack-cocaine-trafficking charges hanging over his head was not clear. Harris' attorney, Daniel J. Sears, declined to discuss the case.

"He returned to Denver after learning there was an indictment outstanding for him," Sears said.

Lawyer Anthony Viorst, who is representing Edwards on federal drug-trafficking charges, said, "My information is that Vernon Edwards had no involvement whatsoever in Darrent Williams' homicide."

Denver police found Hicks' abandoned Tahoe, spray-painted dark gray, in the Montbello neighborhood about three days after Williams was killed.

Hicks was in custody on a separate drug charge the night Williams was killed.

Attempts to reach Williams' family for comment were unsuccessful.

Staff writer Felisa Cardona can be reached at 303-954-1219 or [email protected].

Comment

• Thanks for the article, DN.

It's good to know that the police are still working on the case.

"Harris had been hiding in Cancún after the Williams shooting, the law enforcement source said."

Makes him look guilty, doesn't it?
                              Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFaninMD
                                Thanks for the article, DN.

It's good to know that the police are still working on the case.

"Harris had been hiding in Cancún after the Williams shooting, the law enforcement source said."

Makes him look guilty, doesn't it?
                                I am confident that the police have been working on this since day one, and my thoughts are that it was Darrent's murder that prompted the sting a while back, because they knew they could arrest the two suspects on unrelated charges.

Comment

Working...
                                X